Varicose veins are a disease of the blood vessels in which their walls become thinner. As a result, the veins lengthen and dilate, pathological nodes are formed, and blood flow is disturbed. Varicose veins on the legs are most often diagnosed. But the hands often suffer. There are also varicose veins of the uterus in women, testicles in men. It is not easy to normalize the situation - often it is necessary to resort to surgical intervention. But in the early stages of the development of the disease, varicose veins can be treated with folk remedies.
Alternative medicine knows many ways to strengthen and restore blood vessels. These are diets, exercise, various decoctions, infusions, compresses. All of them are more harmless than pharmaceutical preparations, so many people prefer to do only natural remedies. But it is important to remember that in advanced situations, traditional medicine can only be used as an auxiliary. In any case, such treatment should be agreed with the doctor.
Characteristics of the behavior of a person with varicose veins
When treating varicose veins and thrombophlebitis with folk remedies and more traditional methods, a person should adhere to a certain way of life. The fact is that it is the errors of behavior that often lead to the development of the disease, and they must be eliminated.
Things to watch out for first:
- Clothing. Skinny jeans and tight belts make it difficult for blood to pass through the veins. It is better to choose shoes with small heels. Crampons and a completely flat sole aggravate the situation with varicose veins of the lower extremities.
- Physical activity. She should be present in life - but in moderation. Heavy loads are excluded, but full passivity will also cause damage. Regular walks in the fresh air, cycling, swimming in the pool are encouraged. If the work is sedentary, you need to take frequent breaks - get up and take at least a few steps around the room. The chair or chair should be as comfortable as possible. A long sitting position especially worsens the situation with pelvic varicose veins.
- Water treatments. Hot baths for this disease are extremely undesirable, but a contrast shower should be taken more often - it improves blood circulation.
- Cosmetic procedures. It is better to refuse electrolysis and waxing.
- Bad habits. Alcohol and smoking significantly worsen the situation with varicose veins.
During treatment with folk remedies for reticular varicose veins of the lower extremities and other parts of the body, proper nutrition alone can slow down the process. And, perhaps, no further funding will be needed. And in more severe forms, a therapeutic regimen will speed up the healing process.
The patient's diet should be abundant:
- vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C;
- seafood, seaweed;
- foods high in fiber;
- rose hips, gooseberries, currants;
- vegetable oil;
- parsley, dill;
- organ meats (liver, heart, tongue).
It is recommended to unsubscribe from:
- salt - exclude it at least during the period of active treatment, or minimize it;
- fried, smoked;
- meat (especially pork);
- canned food;
- marinated dishes;
- strong tea; coffee
- candy and sugar.
For varicose veins, you should drink plenty of clean (non-carbonated) water. Green and herbal teas are also helpful. It is advisable to start your meal with a light vegetable salad seasoned with vegetable oil. And you should finish it off by staying slightly hungry. Overeating is very harmful for vascular disease.
With advanced varicose veins, treatment with folk remedies and other methods should be corrected by wearing special underwear.
Compression tights, stockings, knee-highs, leggings and other knits compress dilated veins, increasing pressure and speeding up blood flow. This greatly reduces the risk of blood clots.
Such underwear should be selected under the guidance of a doctor. In terms of the effect, there are different types of compression stockings. For prevention purposes, lower pressure is required, and in the later stages of varicose veins, increased pressure.
Usually the swimsuit is put on in the morning - right after waking up, and taken off before bed. But you can't wear it around the clock.
Compression underwear is contraindicated for cardiopulmonary insufficiency, atherosclerosis, orthoarteritis, bedsores, dermatitis, skin allergies, open wounds. It is prescribed with caution to people with diabetes.
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of gymnastics in the treatment of varicose veins, which often result from a sedentary lifestyle. Special exercises improve the circulation of blood and lymph in the vessels, tone and strengthen their walls, normalize blood pressure and make a person more resilient. Gymnastics is particularly suitable for those who spend a lot of time in a sitting position. Experts recommend doing it in the morning and in the evening, dedicating thirty minutes to it.
Exercises for different types of diseases:
- Practically with all types of varicose veins, such gymnastics is shown: while lying down, bend a lower limb and pull it to the chest; then straighten up, pull up and hold for a few seconds. Then lower and repeat the same movements with the other leg.
- In addition, one exercise is considered universal, in which you must, sitting in a chair and resting your heels on the floor, make full movements with your toes.
- Suitable for all patients and "swallow". Stand up, straighten up, stand on your tiptoes and spread your arms. Then exhale and bring one leg back. Repeat the same with the other member.
- With varicose veins of the legs, it is useful to do a very simple exercise: lie down on a hard surface, placing a pillow under your feet. At the same time, it is important to relax as much as possible, to close your eyes, to breathe deeply and evenly. Lie down like this for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the treatment of folk remedies for varicose veins of the small pelvis (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries), "cycling" exercise will help. Lying on your back, you have to make rotational movements with your feet, imitating a walk. It is also recommended to do regular "scissors", involving cross movements (horizontal and vertical) of the legs while lying down.
- Men with varicose veins of the testicles stand on their toes more often, stay in that position for 20 seconds, then suddenly “land” on their heels. This will allow you to fight against congestion in the veins of the genital organ.
Traditional medicines should be used with diet, exercise and lifestyle adjustments. They are milder than pharmaceuticals and are much cheaper. Of course, it is far from always possible to get by only with folk recipes. In advanced cases, this is excluded. But even in the most difficult situations, they will not be superfluous.
The main goal of traditional medicine is to prevent congestion of the veins. For this, various decoctions, ointments, creams, compresses and other home medicines are used. The recipes for the most effective are given below.
Application of stains
Medicinal tinctures during the treatment of varicose veins have both internal and external use.
The following tools worked well:
- Kalanchoe effectively treats vascular diseases of the lower limbs. The leaves of this plant should be crushed, filled with medical alcohol in a 1: 1 ratio and left for a while, tightly closing the container. After a few days, the tincture can be rubbed into the affected skin. The vascular mesh will disappear.
- Horse chestnut is used in the treatment of varicose veins of the uterus with folk remedies. You will need 50 grams of its flowers, which must be filled with vodka or alcohol. Insist for 14 days, shaking occasionally. Take orally 2 tablespoons three times a day a few minutes before meals. The duration of the course is one week.
- Another recipe for the treatment of pelvic pathologies (varicose veins of the uterus or ovaries) is a tincture of a mixture of herbs. You need to take in equal proportions dandelion root, horsetail, knotweed, chamomile, motherwort and clover and combine all this (you can buy a ready-made collection at the pharmacy). 2 tablespoons of the mixture are poured into 0, 5 liters of boiling water and left in a thermos overnight. Take orally four times a day, 50 grams.
- With varicose veins of the testicles in men, treatment with folk remedies consists of taking an infusion of birch and strawberry leaves, sweet clover and oat straw. All this is crushed, mixed in a 1: 1 ratio, then a tablespoon of the collection is poured into 600 ml of boiling water. Insist 30 minutes. Strain. Take 0. 25 glass three times a day before meals. The duration of the course is one month.
Compresses work with varicose veins no worse than tinctures. A variety of ingredients are used to prepare them. Most of them are always at hand.
Here are the simplest and most affordable recipes:
- Tomato compress.Fresh vegetables are finely chopped and applied with gauze on the affected area. You can fix the compress with an elastic bandage. Keep for a few hours. Then update, repeat two more times. The procedure is harmless and suitable for everyday use.
- Cabbage compression.This requires an ordinary vegetable. A leaf of white cabbage should be greased with soap and applied to a sore spot, which must first be sprinkled with soda. Secure with a bandage, let sit overnight.
- Alcohol compress.Moisten warm socks with vodka, put them on steamed limbs. Leave it on overnight. The product effectively improves blood circulation.
Application of decoctions
Different types of decoctions are mainly used to relieve pain. They are especially effective with regard to internal forms of the disease (for example, varicose veins of the uterus), and the use of external agents is impossible.
- Nettle tea.Two tablespoons of dry crushed plant are poured into 200 ml of water and brought to a boil. Cool naturally and drink a quarter of a glass three times a day. The duration of the course is one month.
- Calendula broth.Pour a few tablespoons with a glass of water and bring to a boil. You can add honey during the cooling process for taste. Leave for 30 minutes and drink a few hours before the morning meal. You can drink the next glass after a few hours. And so several times a day. The course of treatment is one month.
Attachments and rubbing handling
When treating varicose veins with folk remedies at the initial stage, rubbing and application are actively used. They help remove the “spider web” from the blood vessels and slow the development of the disease.
Here are several ways:
- One of the most effective remedies for the appearance of varicose veins is apple cider vinegar. It is diluted in the amount of 2 tablespoons with a glass of water, then moistened with gauze and applied to the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Boil the potato skins. Then they cool, grind and apply to the "star" containers for a few hours.
- You can also bring a glass of water to a boil with 2 tablespoons of chamomile or wormwood. Rub on the affected skin after cooling.
Folk remedies are good for various diseases in the initial stage. Compared with the methods of traditional medicine, they have a milder effect on the body, have fewer side effects and contraindications. They are actively used in the case of vascular pathologies: varicose veins of the uterus, lower and upper limbs, testes. Especially at the very beginning of the development of these ailments.
It is imperative that you consult your doctor for the best result. It will tell you which tools are most appropriate to use in a particular situation. When using traditional medicine, you have to be patient. They work more slowly than synthetic drugs. But due process will certainly have an effect.