Varicose veins or varicose veins are a disease that is getting younger every year and is one of the pressing problems of our time. If in the early stages of development the pathology is not too terrible, then its progression threatens with serious problems.
Therefore, even if varicose veins do make themselves felt, it is very important to start combating it immediately and not to wait for the disease to take effect. As a treatment at the initial stage, as well as the prevention of varicose veins, traditional medicine has proven itself very well, so we will talk about the treatment of the disease at home.
What are varicose veins
Before starting to treat a problem by various means, it is important to understand what type of disease we are talking about, what are the mechanisms of its development. Varicose veins refer to a pathological process accompanied by a deformation of the vessels responsible for transporting blood to the heart.
Deformation, as the name suggests, means expansion, but in addition, lengthening of the vein, thinning of its walls, as well as disruption of the venous valve system, which allows blood to rise, overcoming the force of gravity.
The development of varicose veins is dangerous by a violation of blood circulation in the vascular bed, which disrupts systemic circulation, and stagnation occurs in the veins themselves. The more developed the disease, the more serious the consequences, up to the formation of subcutaneous hematomas and trophic ulcers, the development of thrombophilia. In most cases, the disease develops in the vessels of the legs, as the lower extremities are subjected to heavy loads.
Activities aimed at strengthening the vascular wall
Considering all of the above, it is logical to assume that in order to prevent the progression of varicose veins, it is necessary to stop the process of deformation, this can be done by strengthening the vascular wall. Therefore, we will now consider various techniques to achieve this goal and improve the condition of the patient as a whole.
Apple cider vinegar
One of the most common and effective treatments for varicose veins, however, it is very important to use natural apple cider vinegar and not to use acetic acid with an aroma (bothoptions are available for free in stores, carefully read the description on the label). The recipes look like this:
- Immediately after bathing, just pour vinegar on your feet where the veins are swollen, then wait until the liquid is absorbed, you don't need to wipe it off. This procedure will help get rid of the feeling of heaviness and pain.
- In the same way, you can treat problem areas by rubbing vinegar with light massaging movements. It is better not to do this after a bath, but before going to bed.
- A very effective method is to wrap - take a rolled cheesecloth 2-3 times, soak it in apple cider vinegar, squeeze it lightly and apply it to the problem areas. Then wrap your legs on the gauze with a towel and wrap it with cling film on top. In this case, it is better to raise the legs above the level of the body. This procedure effectively removes swelling and unpleasant symptoms, takes about 30 minutes, you do not need to wash your feet after that.
Horse chestnut against varicose veins
Another extremely effective and famous remedy for treating varicose veins, with which there are many recipes, we will consider the most effective:
- Tincture on vodka or rubbing alcohol - for cooking you need 50 grams of fruit, cut into small pieces, directly into the skin. Place them in a glass container, fill with 250 ml of alcohol or vodka, then close the lid tightly and leave them in a cool, warm place for 14 days, remembering to stir every now and then. After the specified period, strain the tincture and take within 3 weeks, 15 drops before meals, three times a day.
- There is also a product for external use and to make it, 5 whole chestnuts and 5 tablespoons of inflorescences of this plant. Grind the indicated ingredients with a blender or coffee grinder, mix well with 500 milliliters of vegetable oil (sunflower oil is suitable). Then soak the resulting mixture for 2 hours in a water bath, wait for it to cool and store in the refrigerator in a glass container. The method of application is simple, rub the ointment 1-2 times a day on the problem areas of the legs.
Treat disease with the most affordable vegetables
Vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage have long proven themselves in the treatment of varicose veins, which can be actively used for external use. The processing methods in this case are as follows:
- Tomato- Cut a few tomatoes into thin slices and place them on your feet where you can see the swollen vessels. Then wrap your legs with some kind of cloth, and do not wrap an elastic bandage tightly on top, the compress can be left even overnight.
- Potatoesis the most democratic method and at the same time very good. You will need potato peels, which should also be applied to the legs with the light side down, you can just apply an elastic bandage on top and do not remove the compress for 2-3 hours. The
- Cabbageis used like potatoes, but before applying them to the legs, you need to make many small cuts on the leaves of this vegetable, tracing them with a knife. It is also recommended to lubricate the side of the cabbage leaf, which is adjacent to the leg, with vegetable oil.
Perhaps in traditional medicine there is no industry where bee waste is not used. Apitherapy means the use of propolis, honey, beeswax. Since almost everyone has honey in the kitchen, consider one of the best ways to use it for varicose veins:
- Take a parchment for baking and apply honey on it, not in a thick layer, literally no more than 2 millimeters. Then tie the honey canvas to the area of the legs where traces of varicose veins are visible and wrap it with cling film on top. The next layer of the compress is fixed with an elastic bandage, it should be kept on the leg for about two hours. However, during the therapy, which lasts for 30 days, every day, in the absence of side effects on the skin, the application time increases by one hour. Ultimately, the compress is applied at night and removed only in the morning.
Applying laundry soap
Laundry soap is a natural product which, although it has an unpleasant odor, consists only of water, clay, sodium, and animal and vegetable fats. Thanks to this chemical composition, the soap helps to relieve swelling, inflammation, even to eliminate vascular "stars" and to prevent the appearance of trophic ulcers. There are several ways you can treat varicose veins with laundry soap, but it is better to make ointments and compresses:
- To prepare a compress, you will need to insist 10 tablets of acetylsalicylic acid in 250 milliliters of vodka for 2 days (only in a glass container with a tightly closed lid). After 2 days, 25 grams of soap, cut into small pieces, are mixed with the resulting solution. Then moisten the folded gauze several times in the solution and place it on the problem area of the leg, keep it for up to 60 minutes. This method will relieve pain, relieve inflammation, and also eliminate swelling.
- Ointment - in addition to soap, this recipe includes vegetable oil (150 ml), propolis (100 g) and beeswax (100 g). First grate 150 grams of soap, then pour sunflower or olive oil into the shavings obtained, then add the propolis, honey and mix everything well. Now place the mixture in an enamel or glass container in a water bath and stir until the mixture is completely homogeneous. Once the ointment is ready, place it in a resealable glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Rub the ointment every day in the places on your legs where varicose veins are visible, it is best to do this before bedtime, and in order not to stain your laundry or things, tie the treated area with a bandage.
The benefits of acacia flowers
Tincture of white acacia flowers is very popular, which also effectively resolves varicose veins in the early stages. To prepare it, take 100 grams of dried acacia color and pour the raw materials into a glass container with 500 milliliters of vodka, then put them in a dark, cool place for 21 days, remembering to stir from time to time. time. As soon as the time is up, a piece of grated lemon is added to the tincture and kept for another week. With the resulting tincture, you need to wipe your feet in the morning and in the evening in those places where varicose veins are localized.
Of course, to treat varicose veins at home, resorting only to the help of folk medicine, is reasonable only in the early stages of the development of the disease. But even then, it is worth consulting a doctor before using any remedy.
In addition, doctors also give a number of recommendations that, in combination with the chosen method of treatment, will improve the patient's condition and reduce the likelihood of developing pathology:
- Good nutrition - it is very important to try to eat healthy foods, excluding fatty, fried, smoked, sweet, salty and acidic foods from the diet. To improve your condition, choose vegetables, diet meats, dairy products, vegetables and fruits. Beets, tomatoes, cabbage, sorrel, citrus fruits, blueberries, blackberries, black currants are especially useful for varicose veins.
- You can stop the disease with the help of special compression stockings, in other words, patients with any form of varicose veins should wear compression garments.
- Lead an active and mobile life, play sports, it is better to give preference to yoga, swimming, light gymnastics. Exercise daily or find a physiotherapy instructor.
- You should also consult your doctor about the use of the drugs, as in combination with traditional methods such treatment will give much better results.