With the help of folk remedies for varicose veins, you can stop the development of the disease for many years. They cannot be considered as an alternative to drug treatment, but they can help relieve edema and get rid of other negative phenomena related to this condition.
The effectiveness of the folk method
Folk remedies for varicose veins help activate the body's hidden forces and make it fight on its own, but they should not be considered a panacea for the disease. Many patients of the older generation first begin treatment for varicose veins with folk remedies, and then go to the doctor. You can not do this! First of all, you should always consult a phlebologist, get recommendations from him on treatment, do blood tests to determine the level of platelets. All folk remedies are designed to combat the cause of the development of varicose veins, but not the consequences, therefore, they are effective in the early stages of the disease.
Nutmeg Recipe # 1
Folk remedies for varicose veins include recipes based on nutmeg. These fruits have gained popularity due to the fact that they stimulate blood circulation. However, more than one nutmeg should not be consumed per day. This will lead to intoxication of the body and the appearance of hallucinations. Nutmeg for varicose veins is used in the following ways:
- whole walnuts are ground into powder;
- 1/3 teaspoon of the resulting product is poured with 250 ml of boiling water;
- Once the mixture has cooled, add a tablespoon of honey.
Take this broth just before breakfast. It is advisable to prepare a new portion every day, otherwise the essential oils in the product will wither, which will negatively affect its effectiveness. Some healers recommend making a tincture of vodka made from nutmeg. 200 grams of walnut powder are poured with 1 liter of vodka, the mixture is left to infuse for 1 week. Take the drug 3 times a day, 20 drops 30 minutes before meals.
Recipe n ° 2 based on honey and propolis
Compresses for varicose veins from honey are a common way to normalize the condition of blood vessels. The fabric is coated with honey and then applied to the leg. Plastic wrap is wrapped over the compress. If you are worried that such a pattern will slip off somewhere, you can put stockings or tights over them. Compresses are recommended before bedtime. You can prepare the propolis tincture according to the following recipe:
- 20 grams of propolis are crushed and added 30 grams of gray jaundice, 0, 5 lemon with the zest;
- the resulting mixture is poured with 300 ml of vodka and insisted for 3 weeks;
- a ready-to-use infusion is used to rub the feet for a month.
Apitherapy for varicose veins is indicated for people who do not suffer from allergies to bee stings. If the patient has a mild reaction to honey or propolis, then this method of treating varicose veins cannot be used. The procedure is performed by a doctor. He plants a number of bees on a biologically active area. After the bite, the bite remains in the patient's body for some time, so that the poison completely penetrates the leg.
Recipe n ° 3 made with green tomatoes
Unripe tomatoes are considered to be an excellent folk remedy for swelling of the legs with varicose veins. Doctors put forward the theory that an unripe vegetable contains an increased amount of lycopene, so compresses from this plant perfectly relieve pain and reduce swelling in the veins. The recipe itself is quite simple. Green tomatoes are cut into large pieces and applied to the venous nodes. It is recommended to secure the vegetables with a bandage. Keep the necessary compress until a burning sensation appears. Healers recommend performing the procedure at night.
Recipe n ° 4 with ginger
The benefits of this plant are legendary! It is used to improve digestion, reduce weight, get rid of migraines, etc. To treat varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies, you will need raw ginger root. Regular dry seasoning will not work.
One of the folk remedies for toning the body, improving blood circulation and relieving fatigue is a tea made from this spice.
The preparation of tea is quite simple: you need to cut a small piece from the root of the plant, pour boiling water over it and let it steep for ten to fifteen minutes. Take this remedy at a comfortable temperature for yourself. Ginger for varicose veins not only helps to cope with poor venous tone, but also activates the metabolism, so people who take such tea gradually lose weight. A ginger compress is also effective for varicose veins. Prepare it as follows:
- The root is rubbed very finely.
- The resulting oatmeal is mixed with honey.
- The mixture is applied to the inflamed veins for about three to four hours.
To enhance the effect of the compresses, you can wrap the top with plastic wrap, then put on warm pants or lie down under the blanket. The duration of treatment is one month.
Horse chestnut recipe n ° 5
Treatment of varicose veins at home with folk remedies is rarely complete without the use of horse chestnut. A tincture is prepared from the fruit of the plant. The raw material is crushed with a meat grinder to a state of porridge, then placed in a three-liter jar, half-filling it with vodka. The mixture is infused for a month. The ratio of chestnut fruit to vodka should be one to three. Several times a week, while the mixture is brewing, it is shaken, then put back in its place.
After a month, the finished tincture is used to wipe the veins damaged by varicose veins. Some healers recommend using the remedy internally, but before that you should consult a doctor, as chestnut is poisonous in itself and can cause bleeding, as it reduces blood clotting. The infusion can be given by mouth if you have exactly increased number of platelets in your blood.
Viburnum Recipe # 6
As with ginger, the berries of the plant can be used to make a fortified drink or for a compress. Viburnum compress for varicose veins is prepared in a standard way. The berries are crushed to a porridge state, then the mixture is spread on a bandage or cotton cloth, and then applied to the affected area. It is necessary to store such a composition for 8-9 hours, so it is recommended to make the compress before bedtime. The preparation of the drink is very simple. 500 ml of juice is obtained from viburnum berries, then 2 tablespoons of honey are added to the liquid. People with allergies can do without the last ingredient. Drink 2 tablespoons of the drink 4 times a day.
Recipe # 7 based on the mummy
This specific product is excellent for treating swelling and congestion. If you are not afraid of its unpleasant smell and high price, you can make compresses from the mummy for varicose veins. They help well only in the early stages of the disease. Mumiyo is mixed in a ratio of 1 to 5 with petroleum jelly. Mix ingredients well until smooth. Rub the resulting ointment 3 times a day into the affected areas of the legs. Wash it off 1 to 2 hours after application. Some recommend consuming a mixture of mummy, honey and milk. It is prepared in a ratio of 1: 6: 6. The therapy lasts 1 month.
Adam's apple recipe # 8
Maclu fruits are poisonous in themselves. You can't eat them, like snake venom, but you can use them to create a homemade ointment. You will need lard (lard), Adam's apples, and a glass double boiler. The container is filled with fifteen millimeters of melted bacon, then the Adam's apple slices are placed in a ten mm layer. The procedure is repeated until all the ingredients are exhausted. The last layer should be lard. After that, the container is put on a slow fire, the resulting mixture is heated, then filtered, cooled and used instead of the ointment 2 times a day. In the same way, you can cook pumpkin for varicose veins.
Lemon-based recipe n ° 9
Lemon treatment for varicose veins can be external and internal. Unfortunately, regular tea with these citrus fruits will not help improve the tone of the veins in any way, but pure lemon juice is a good way to prevent further vascular destruction. You can make a lemon compress. To do this, cut citrus fruits into circles and apply them to the affected areas. You need to wear such a compress all day, changing the circles to new ones every 3-4 hours. Of course, for tight fixation the leg is wrapped in bandages.
Potato recipe n ° 10
This folk remedy is the most affordable, as this root vegetable can be purchased at any vegetable store. Treatment of varicose veins on the legs in women with potatoes is carried out in the following ways:
- The roots are washed and peeled, then grated on a medium grater.
- The resulting oatmeal is spread over the area damaged by the disease.
- 8 layers of bandages or gauze are wrapped over the potatoes, then everything is fixed with cling film.
The compress should be kept for about 4 hours. It is prepared from fresh potatoes. Coated potatoes are not suitable for these purposes.
Onion recipe n ° 11
It is the onion peel that is effective against varicose veins, not the vegetable itself. You can use it to boost your immune system, eat it raw, or cook meals with it. Onion skins can be prepared in any of the following ways:
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion pods pour 500 ml of boiling water. The mixture is infused for 6 hours, then filtered. Take it 3 times a day, 75 ml. The duration of treatment is 10 days.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion skins are poured into 100 ml of vodka. The mixture is infused for 7 days in a cool, dark place. The resulting tincture is taken 20 drops a day, 3 times a day, 15 minutes before eating. The duration of treatment is 14 days.
Recipe n ° 12 made with fish oil
Fish oil for varicose veins is most often taken orally. This product allows you to speed up the metabolism and get rid of stagnant fluids in the limbs.
If for some reason you don't like taking such a remedy, you can make a compress. To do this, fish oil and honey are mixed in a ratio of 1 to 1. The resulting mixture is spread on a cotton cloth or gauze, then the limb affected by varicose veins is bandaged with it. Healers recommend using may honey for the compress, but if you don't have it on hand, you can take any other variety.
Celery recipe n ° 13
Treatment of leg veins with folk remedies is not always easy. Celery is contraindicated for eating with varicose veins, but it can be added to carrot juice with spinach.
Drink the resulting drink immediately. The ratio of carrot juice to the other ingredients is 7: 3: 3.
Garlic recipe n ° 14
Garlic for varicose veins is effective in the form of compresses. In this recipe, healers directly use the composition of this plant. It contains many essential oils which naturally irritate the vascular walls. Prepare a garlic compress for varicose veins as follows:
- The garlic, with the husk, is crushed to the state of pulp.
- Butter is added to the finely chopped product in a ratio of 1 to 2.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- The resulting ointment is applied to the affected veins before going to bed, and a bandage is wrapped on top. The duration of treatment is 1 month.
Recipe n ° 15 with absinthe
Among the folk remedies for varicose veins of the legs, those that contain wormwood in their composition are considered effective in the second stage of the disease. This plant promotes blood thinning, so it is effective at the second stage of the disease. The plant also stimulates digestion, improves the flow of bile from the liver, and improves overall metabolism. When used correctly, the plant contributes to the destruction of pathogenic microflora in the body. Absinthe for varicose veins can be used in different ways:
- The simplest recipe is to add 3 tablespoons of chopped herbs to a 500ml jar, then pour vodka on top. You need to insist on the remedy for 14 days. After the tincture is ready, it is used to lubricate damaged areas of the legs.
- Sour milk is extracted from the plant for the compress. It is mixed with leaves and heads of wormwood. The result should be oatmeal. It is applied to the legs. The limbs are bandaged. It is recommended to make such a compress at night.
Despite the fact that wormwood is one of the effective herbs against varicose veins, it should not be used for thrombophlebitis.
Rosehip recipe n ° 16
Popular recipes for varicose veins often include decoctions based on rose hips. Indeed, this plant has a composition rich in vitamins. It contains magnesium, phosphorus, essential oils and other beneficial substances. But by itself, rosehip with varicose veins will not force the body to regenerate itself. Rosehip tincture should be taken in small doses as it can cause blood clots and arrhythmias. For this reason, it is possible to treat varicose veins with this herb only after official approval from a doctor. Doctors recommend treating with rose hips in the following cases:
- with severe mental or physical fatigue;
- with exacerbation of cholecystitis, to facilitate the outflow of bile;
- if the skin is severely flaky due to vitamin deficiency;
- if you have digestive issues.
Tincture is not difficult to prepare. 15 grams of plants are poured with 500 ml of boiling water, then wait for the broth to cool.
Do not take this remedy on an empty stomach. It can only be consumed after meals. It is advisable to take about 100 ml of broth 3 times a day. For colds, you can add raspberries to rosehip. This broth activates the body's immune system.
Nettle recipe n ° 17
Nettle for varicose veins helps get rid of high platelet count. Treatment can be carried out both with the help of specialized decoctions and by other methods. Treating the affected areas with a nettle broom is considered particularly effective for the treatment of varicose veins. Movements should be from feet to hips. For the first few hours, the treated areas will itch, but then everything will pass. The advantage of this procedure is the activation of blood flow.
Herbal medicine for varicose veins also includes taking nettle-based decoctions. 2 tablespoons of dry leaves of the plant should be crushed, then added to a thermos, pouring 2 cups of boiling water. The agent should be infused for 3-4 hours. After the infusion is ready, it is consumed at 1/3 of the total volume 3 times a day. When the liquid is used up, you need to cook more.
Recipe n ° 18 with aloe vera
With the help of aloe, varicose veins can only be treated in the early stages. The plant promotes tissue regeneration, but by itself it is not necessary for disease control. It is recommended to combine it with drug therapy. Aloe for varicose veins can be used in the following ways:
- Rub the feet with aloe juice. This will help relieve muscle spasms and reduce swelling in the legs.
- Mix 100 grams of aloe juice with 5 grams of mummy. The legs are lubricated twice a day for 28 days. This remedy also promotes healing of minor skin wounds, but it should not be used for trophic ulcers.
- Mix the juice of Kalanchoe and aloe in equal proportions, then add 30 ml of vodka to it. Stir the mixture well, then use it to rub your feet.
- Mix equal parts aloe juice, sea buckthorn oil and olive oil, then rub the resulting mixture on the legs 2 times a day for 1. 5 months.
Recipe n ° 19 based on the golden mustache
Collision is known as a universal cure for various illnesses. The effectiveness of the plant in the treatment of various ailments is very easy to explain. It has a rich composition. Using golden whiskers for varicose veins with other herbs has a stronger effect than using just one herb. To improve blood circulation, it is recommended to use the following folk remedy for varicose veins:
- 3-4 finely cut leaves of a golden mustache are mixed with 2 glasses of honey;
- add the juice of 6 lemons and 5 crushed heads of garlic to the mixture;
- the components are thoroughly mixed, covered in a glass container and infused for 7 days.
The resulting mixture is taken in 2 teaspoons 2 times a day for a month. This composition will help get rid of complications of varicose veins and reduce severe edemas.
Lilac Recipe # 20
Tincture of lilac for varicose veins is made from leaves according to the standard scheme, that is, they fill half a jar of 500 ml with it, and then add vodka to it. The mixture is infused for a week, then the limbs are covered with the resulting drug. It is allowed to use the flowers of this plant instead of the leaves. Traditional healers recommend using lilac bark in the fight against venous nodes. It is applied to the affected area and from above is fixed with a bandage. You need to wear such a compress all day.
Recipe n ° 21 made from flax seeds
Use flaxseed for varicose veins if severe swelling is observed. This product will help get rid of excess fluid. Folk healers recommend using a decoction of flax seeds every 2 hours. Prepare it as follows:
- Put 500 ml of water on the heat and bring to the boil;
- add 4 tablespoons of flax seeds;
- the mixture is boiled for 15 minutes, then cooled and filtered if necessary.
Take the resulting broth should be 4 tablespoons every 2 hours until the swelling subsides. Be sure to read the contraindications to its use before using the product. They are on the seed packet.
Mud Recipe # 22
Doctors are ambiguous about treating varicose veins with mud. Some experts say these procedures improve blood circulation, help the body get rid of toxins, while others claim that they can be harmful.
Mud treatment for varicose veins should be cold. At home, peloid therapy is performed by means of body wraps. You will need:
- wooden bowl and spoon (metal cannot be used);
- stretch film;
- dirt (available at a drugstore or beauty store);
- various additives.
In some cases clay can be added to the mud. These components work well with each other. The mixture is diluted with water at room temperature until sour cream, and then applied to the areas affected by varicose veins. This composition is kept on the skin for 1 to 2 hours. If you feel dry or tense, rinse off the dirt, check your body for allergies, and apply moisturizer.
Carrot-based recipe n ° 23
Carrot tops for varicose veins have been used for 30 years. The top of the plant can be obtained from any summer resident. Before preparing the tincture from this part of the vegetable, it is necessary to burn the leaves with boiling water. This manipulation will relieve the plant from the bitter taste. A remedy for the treatment of varicose blood vessels can be prepared according to one of these recipes:
- For the broth, 10 tablespoons of finely chopped tops are mixed with 2 liters of water. The resulting mixture is heated over low heat, filtered, and then taken up in 20 ml 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is 14 days.
- A tablespoon of dry raw materials is poured with 500 ml of boiled water, infused for 1 hour, and then consumed in 100 ml 3 times a day.
- A more concentrated infusion is prepared in a thermos. Pour 1 tablespoon of herbs with a glass of boiling water, then let it steep for 30 minutes. After the infusion has cooled down, drink everything. Take up to 5 servings of this product per day.
Clay recipe n ° 24
This fine-grained sedimentary rock is used in various cosmetic procedures. It is better to use it for the treatment of vascular diseases, blue clay. It perfectly penetrates the skin barriers and contains many beneficial trace elements. The most popular is the following clay recipe:
- 200-300 grams of dry raw materials are diluted with water to the consistency of thick sour cream;
- the resulting mixture is placed on areas where swollen veins are present (layer thickness - 2 cm);
- a terry towel is placed on top of the leather with clay;
- , if you wish, you can fix the wall lamp with plastic film.
Keep the resulting product on your feet for at least 2 hours. Folk healers recommend daily application. The course of treatment is 1. 5 months. After the feet have improved, the thick clay mixture can be replaced with a terry towel soaked in a clay solution.
Remember that clay is not for everyone. If you have sensitive skin, replace the blue clay with red or pink if it is dry or itchy. In case of acne, the product should be discarded.
Recipe n ° 25 from hydrogen peroxide
This folk technique is considered to be somewhat dangerous for health, and in particular for the pancreas, so medical consultation is necessary. Hydrogen peroxide from varicose veins is used in two ways. The first is to take the drug by mouth. 1 drop of peroxide is diluted in 3 tablespoons of water and consumed 2 hours after a meal. Every day the concentration of the substance is increased by 1 drop, bringing to 10 drops. After that, take a 72 hour break and start taking 10 drops every 2 days. Take a 3 day break between doses.
The second method is more invasive. The patient prepares a 0, 015% solution of hydrogen peroxide, then injects it intravenously by drip. If you do not have experience in such manipulations, it is better not to do it. This introduction of hydrogen promotes the release of atomic oxygen. The walls of the blood vessels are cleaned, so the edema disappears. The maximum administered dose of the substance at one time is 250 ml.
Duration and rules of treatment with folk remedies
One of the main factors affecting the effectiveness of alternative treatments is the stage of the disease. With a slight stretching of the vessels, they will help relieve swelling, improve the condition of the skin and restore the tone of the veins. Knowing what is afraid of varicose veins, you can prevent its further development, but you should not completely stop treatment after the symptoms of the disease disappear. You will have to repeat the procedures with the folk remedies that are suitable for you every 3-4 months in order to avoid a relapse. Processing rules:
- Mix the ingredients in the ratio recommended in the recipes.
- In case of burning, itching and other incomprehensible reactions, stop using the product.
- Use the finished medicine for the entire recommended treatment period, and not before the first improvements.
- Store in a cool place to avoid premature deterioration.
Combination with traditional treatment methods
It is possible to introduce traditional medicine into pharmacotherapy only with the permission of a phlebologist. Remember that at least 2 hours should elapse between using the tinctures and the different tablets. When using folk remedies, you should be clearly aware that they cannot replace medication, although some healers argue that this is not the case. In addition, some homemade medicines can pose a risk to life, so treatment with such methods should be carried out with great care.
Risks and possible contraindications
Folk remedies are not a panacea. They themselves can cause allergies and other negative reactions in the body. The use of traditional medicine is contraindicated for the following conditions:
- diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- problems with blood clotting;
- diseases of the liver and kidneys;
- an advanced stage of varicose veins accompanied by venous thrombosis.
Patients should discuss any treatment with a physician. It is not recommended to independently prescribe folk medicine without examining the body.