Varicose veins of the legs are a violation of the outflow of blood from the tissues due to vascular stenosis and functional failure of venous valves. Stagnation of blood in the vessels leads to trophic changes, the formation of blood clots, deep ulcerative defects. The fight against varicose veins of the legs takes place under the supervision of a phlebologist, in part a vascular surgeon (specialist in veins).
Several groups of drugs are used in the form of ointments, tablets for oral administration. The use of drugs is strictly in the system, as the chances of successful recovery from venous problems are higher. When using only ointments or exclusively tablets, the effect is incomplete.
What ointments or gels should be used to treat varicose veins in the legs and restore blood circulation?
Main directions of treatment of diseases of the blood
The treatment of varicose veins in the legs is complex and aims to solve several problems:
- Elimination of the inflammatory process. The release of special mediators leads to an inflammatory process in the tissues. Hence the visual increase in the lower limbs, pain, discomfort and heaviness.
- Pocket removal. The venous-lymphatic flow in the vessels is disturbed, the fluid accumulates locally.
- Restoration of adequate blood circulation in the legs. It is obtained by stimulating the complete contraction of blood vessels, activating the work of venous valves.
- Relief from pain syndrome, severity with varicose veins in the legs, other kind of discomfort.
- Normalization of the rheological properties of blood. Restoration of adequate fluidity of fluid connective tissue. Blood thinning should not be excessive.
The use of ointments, creams can achieve results at the local level. Local violations are eliminated. Selectivity, however, does not allow us to address the root cause of the disease. This processing is incomplete. In the end, the therapy comes down to restoring the functional activity of the lower limbs and preventing complications.
Groups of ointments and gels for varicose veins of the legs
The selection of pharmaceutical types of drugs is carried out on the basis of the instructions given above.
Elimination of the inflammatory process
It is carried out with the help of two groups of drugs: anti-inflammatory drugs of nonsteroidal origin, as well as steroids of general action.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (or NSAIDs) are mainly used.
There is no fundamental difference between them. This is an ointment against the inflammatory component of varicose veins of the legs with a narrow spectrum of action. Apply 1-3 times a day, depending on the severity of the process, with light circular motions. More intensive use is unacceptable for treatment purposes, as the active ingredients will begin to be absorbed into the blood through large vessels.
Also do not use ointments based on anti-inflammatory substances in the presence of trophic ulcers. Open wounds do not allow the use of ointments against varicose veins of the legs. After epithelization (healing), you can resort to their use.
The effect of NSAIDs is based on the ability to reduce the sensitivity of receptors to the effects of inflammatory mediators. Pain, discomfort and heaviness are eliminated.
Steroids are used as a last resort. Only if NSAIDs are ineffective. Inflammation and pain are stopped, and nutrition of local tissues is improved. It is not used in large quantities, due to the possibility of causing side effects of a generalized nature.
Corticosteroids are used to treat edema. Complex agents with anti-inflammatory, venotonic and healing effects are also prescribed.
Restoration of normal blood circulation in the legs with varicose veins
Ointments and gels with phlebotonic (venotonic) action are presented. The action of these drugs is based on the ability to stimulate the contraction of the vascular walls, the work of venous valves.
Some agents are more potent than others due to the higher concentration of the active ingredient. It is better to trust the doctor with the choice, he will select an ointment according to the "negligence" of the disease.
Application course. Do not count on a quick result, it is obtained after a few weeks. The manufacturers themselves emphasize the need for complex use, as well as tablet drugs. The duration of a therapeutic course is 25-30 days, then a break and a new course. The frequency is not limited, it is determined by the severity of the general condition. The initiated process requires an almost continuous use of ointments against varicose veins on the legs.
Pain syndrome elimination
Discomfort, pain is eliminated with the help of local analgesics. These are complex remedies for the simultaneous fight against pain and inflammation. There are few pure pain relievers in ointment or cream form on the pharmaceutical market.
The field of application of these ointments, gels, creams is wide and is not limited to varicose veins of the legs. They are applied according to the instructions, up to 3 times a day for 7-12 days, then a break is required. The appointment of painkillers alone is impractical. They stop the symptoms, fight the consequences when the cause is not affected.
Normalization of the rheological properties of blood
Assumes the appointment of venotonics, as well as anticoagulants. However, these funds are used with caution, since it is possible to increase the permeability of blood vessels, the development of their fragility and, as a result, local bleeding, hematomas, worsening of varicose veins in the legs.
Complex ointments for varicose veins of the legs
These medicines have a systemic effect. They solve several problems at the same time. In the case of early treatment of varicose veins on the legs, this is especially convenient: it is not necessary to buy dozens of ointments, apply them on time. The most suitable drug will be selected by a specialist.
Basics of therapy
How to correctly apply ointments and gels for varicose veins on the legs in order to achieve maximum effect in a short time?
- Do not prescribe treatment yourself. It is necessary to take into account the mass of nuances. If you have varicose veins on the legs, you should contact a phlebologist, surgeon or vascular surgeon.
- Strictly follow your doctor's instructions and advice. When an insufficient dose is prescribed, the therapeutic effect does not occur. Excess ointment will lead to the penetration of active components into the blood, side effects will occur. The beneficial effect will no longer be.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the ointments. If there is no improvement, consult a doctor again to revise the course. The approximate period after which it is possible to judge the adequacy of treatment is 7 to 10 days.
- If you experience any side effects, including intolerance to drugs, ask for a review of treatment.
- Pain may indicate blood clots. To exclude the process, you need to contact a specialist again.
Ointments, gels, creams for varicose veins of the legs are prescribed in combination with drugs in the form of tablets. Combinations of the ointments themselves are possible. For monotherapy, many names on the market are not suitable. In order to achieve a quality treatment effect, it is recommended to consult a doctor.