Venous pathology, or, as this disease is also called, varicose veins, increasingly affects the modern population. Therefore, it is important for each person to know what is the essence of varicose veins, their causes and how they can appear.<1_img_centerxx>
After all, as you know, the best treatment is to prevent the onset of the disease, not to combat the existing symptoms.
The causes of varicose veins in the legs and their elimination form a basis for long-term research for experts in many countries of the world. Therefore, this topic has now been fairly well studied.
How the disease progresses
In the body of a healthy person, blood flows in two directions: from the heart downward and upward, when the blood flow again passes through the heart muscle. In the vessels of the veins of the legs there are valves that ensure the movement of blood and push the blood flow upwards.
Healthy veins in the legs allow blood to flow up and down, and their valves provide blood supply to all deep vessels.
If the venous vessels are affected and the veins are dilated, the valve does not fit tightly to the wall of the vessel, blood collects in the lower extremities. This is how varicose veins begin.
How do varicose veins manifest themselves more? Incomplete blood flow causes the veins to stretch, the gap between the valve and the venous wall of the legs becomes larger and larger.
The venous vessel loses its tone, pronounced networks of small capillaries appear on the surface of the skin, and intravenous pressure increases.
If varicose veins appear, the veins, alas, are no longer intended to become completely healthy and treatment is necessary. That is why it is necessary to establish what are the causes of the appearance of varicose veins, the possible ways of its prevention and elimination.
Thus, varicose veins are the causes.
Factors in the appearance of varicose veins
The causes of varicose veins have been fully studied by specialists - phlebologists from different countries, and as a result, a number of factors have been established that give rise to varicose veins.
- Varicose veins on the legs can occur, first of all, due to the fact that a person is a bipedal creature. Due to the fact that the body of the "Homo sapiens" is mainly in an upright position during the day, it exerts considerable pressure on the area of the lower limbs.
- Another factor in the appearance of varicose veins is a hypodynamic lifestyle. When leading a predominantly sedentary lifestyle, the blood flow to the lower extremities first slows down, and then unpleasant stagnation occurs in this area. Chronic edema and a feeling of heaviness in the legs appear. Therefore, if the work is combined with a constant presence at the computer, the risk of illness increases significantly.
- Work associated with increased physical activity. All organs work in intensive mode, the tension of the limbs is almost constant. Blood pressure is significantly higher than the normal level, and the deformation of the vessels of the legs becomes chronic.
- Standing constant. If a person, due to his functions, is forced to spend a lot of time on his feet, then this also disturbs the venous blood flow, there is an increase in blood pressure on the vessels of the legs, and stagnation begins to appear. People working in professions such as hairdressers, makeup artists and sales assistants are at risk.
- Hereditary factor. Unfortunately, many illnesses originate from our older parents. Therefore, if there were varicose patients in previous generations, varicose veins can manifest themselves much more often in the offspring than in people who did not inherit this harmful disease.
- Hormonal changes. If the hormonal background is unstable, there are violations in this regard, then the onset of venous disease often does not take long. Especially often in this way, varicose veins can appear in women during pregnancy, when there is a colossal hormonal change. The period of menopause is no less risky in this regard, as the level of the hormone estrogen decreases, and as a result, the venous walls become looser and more prone to stretching. In addition, long-term hormone therapy can cause the appearance of varicose veins.
- Abnormal development of veins, various formations inside the vessels, for example, fistulas or fistulas. If they appear, blood is ejected directly from the arterial vessels into the venous vessels, so the intravenous pressure rises sharply.
- Stressful period, prolonged neuroses. Being under prolonged stress is dangerous for the work of the whole body, and the vessels of the calves are no exception. Dysfunctions of the central nervous system usually have an extremely detrimental effect on the functioning of the circulatory system, including in the area of the lower limbs.
- Excessive body weight. Obesity is harmful to the body as a whole, and the legs are particularly badly affected by excess weight. Why do varicose veins appear if the body weight has exceeded the norm? The fact is that unnecessary kilograms put pressure on the vessels of the pelvis and calves of the legs, swelling appears, the work of blood vessels is disturbed, and as a result, blood congestion and deformation of the veins in this area does not takenot long.
- Smoking. This addiction causes a sudden narrowing of the blood vessels, especially the veins and capillaries located in the lower limbs suffer. Due to an acute spasm, the blood flow inside the venous vessel slows down, the blood supply to these areas deteriorates. The vessels become fragile, stagnation occurs, and then the formation of thrombi.
- Age of the elderly. As we reach old age, all of the body's systems wear down and sometimes refuse to function normally, and the legs are no exception. In addition to the loss of elasticity of the walls of blood vessels and veins, in this case, a decrease in general dynamism, a preference for a sedentary sedentary lifestyle, also affects.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, fatty, spicy and salty foods. Not only do the venous walls suffer from gastronomic excess, but also excess cholesterol is formed - the main factor contributing to the formation of blood clots and blood clots.
- Uncomfortable clothes. These are, for example, pants - stretchy and too tight legs, which leads to a violation of blood flow. All these, possibly fashionable, elements of the wardrobe, in the case of their regular wearing, adversely affect health, the violation of venous circulation becomes chronic, the vessels become deformed, and varicose veins appear.
- Shoes with uncomfortable heels or just uncomfortable synthetic materials that don't let air through. When wearing such shoes, the feet are constantly stretched, there is constant pressure on the calf muscles, from which blood collects in the venous vessels. Such disregard for your comfort and health is a direct prerequisite for the appearance of varicose veins.
- Alas, the cause of varicose veins on the legs is also excessive enthusiasm for baths, steam rooms, saunas. If abused, these procedures can also significantly disrupt the processes of blood circulation in the body, creating increased pressure in the veins of the lower extremities.
Is it possible to eliminate the causes of varicose veins?
If varicose veins have already appeared, and the veins have lost their original shape, tone and softness, and blood circulation is disturbed, only therapeutic measures will be useful. And what to do to maintain the health of the venous vessels of the legs?
Follow these simple guidelines:
- Control your body weight, try to maintain your normal weight, do not allow the appearance of extra pounds. Let regular physical activity without excessive tension of the calf muscles, physical activity, frequent walking be part of the way of life.
- Try to avoid frequent overeating. Smoked meats, fatty foods, sweets, canned foods, and simply overly salty foods should be a very rare guest on your table.
- Choose high-quality comfortable shoes made of natural materials, in which your feet will "breathe", and only leave high heels for ceremonies.
- The same goes for clothes. Avoid synthetics, things that are too tight, don't buy smaller clothes in the hope of future weight loss. First of all, things need to be comfortable.
- Overcome addictions. This point does not need detailed comments.
- You need to drink clean still water, weak teas, herbal infusions, homemade fruit drinks, fruit drinks. In general, the amount of fluid should be at least 1. 5 liters (preferably two) per day.
Like other diseases, the pathology of the vessels of the legs is easier to prevent in time than to treat severe symptoms.
If it is important for you to maintain your health for many years, watch your feet, do not ignore the heaviness and swelling in the evening, try to devote some time to relaxing rest in the evening after a busy day.
An active lifestyle, a healthy and nutritious diet and freedom from addictions are the keys to staying active for many years to come.