Varicose veins of the uterus do not have an age range, so they can occur both in women of retirement age and in nulliparous young girls. It is known that the female population is more prone to varicose veins, but few people know that varicose veins can develop not only on the legs and hips, but also on internal organs, for example, on the uterus.
A large number of environmental factors provoke pathology. Modern women do not take care of themselves at all, they constantly expose their bodies to physical exertion, and all this, over time, negatively affects their body. The disease can develop over the years and be diagnosed at a late stage. It is for this reason that at least once a year you need to undergo preventive examinations by a gynecologist.
In general, the prognosis for the treatment of the disease is favorable, the main thing is to quickly seek help from qualified specialists and not to listen to the advice of neighbors who have already encountered a similar disease and were cured with tincturesor ointments. Treatment of varicose veins of the uterus should be carried out without fail, since the disease can cause dangerous consequences:
- thrombophlebitis - a disease of the walls of the uterus, followed by the formation of blood clots on it;
- ovarian venous thrombosis - blockage of blood vessels.
Both conditions can be fatal without timely medical assistance.
The reasons for the development of the disease
Varicose veins of the uterus are associated with hormonal imbalances and the functionality of the thyroid gland. The disease develops as a result of increased blood clotting in the pelvic organs.
Varicose veins of the uterus can have the following reasons:
- prolonged inflammation of the organ;
- difficult childbirth;
- frequent constipation;
- intrauterine contraception;
- congenital pathologies;
- venous valve defects;
- common varicose veins on the legs;
- hereditary predisposition to the disease;
- physical exercise;
- take hormonal contraceptives;
- uncontrolled use of drugs.
Only a qualified doctor can accurately determine the causes of the development of degenerative changes in the vessels after a careful examination and questioning of the patient.
Cervical varicose veins sometimes develop during pregnancy. Since the fetus is unevenly located in the abdominal cavity, it can compress the uterine veins at a later date. Varicose veins of the uterus during pregnancy are not considered a pathology and do not require treatment; immediately after the birth of a child, blood circulation is normalized. In some cases, doctors recommend a cesarean section to prevent rupture and bleeding during the push.
Symptoms of varicose veins of the uterus
The complexity of the situation is that the symptoms of this disease are very similar to other disorders of the genitourinary system, so they can be easily confused and the treatment will not be carried out correctly. The pronounced symptoms of varicose veins of the uterus have only 2 stages. In the initial stages, the disease does not make itself known at all. It can be determined at stage 1 by chance during a routine ultrasound examination.
Symptoms of dilated vessels in the uterus:
- pulling pain and discomfort in the lower abdomen;
- a feeling of heaviness in the lower back;
- disturbances of the menstrual cycle;
- painful sensations during intercourse;
- heavy periods;
- atypical discharge;
- general weakness;
- decreased performance.
All of the above symptoms are a good reason to see a doctor. It is strictly forbidden to perform a self-diagnosis and to prescribe a treatment; this can only be done by a qualified individual physician.
Diagnosis and medical treatment
Computed tomography and x-rays are not very informative procedures in diagnosing a disease such as varicose veins of the uterus. Much more information about the patient's condition can be obtained with the help of an ultrasound examination.
A transvaginal introduction of a special probe is performed, which makes it possible to assess the condition of the vessels in the uterus. In addition, laboratory tests are prescribed to assess the composition of the blood. An increased number of platelets can disrupt normal blood flow and cause a number of negative effects on the body. Very often uterine varicose veins are associated with varicose veins of the ovary, so the doctor should also examine the appendages.
When diagnosing varicose veins in the uterus, treatment is carried out by two methods - conservative and surgical. Conservative treatment consists of taking special drugs.
In addition, drugs are prescribed to thin the blood.
If the disease was diagnosed at a late stage or drug therapy did not give the expected results, surgery is performed. There are several options for surgical treatment:
- laser coagulation;
- coagulation by radio waves;
- traditional surgical excision.
Each of the treatment methods has its own characteristics and the nature of the conduct. For example, phlebectomy involves removing varicose vessels through incisions; with laser coagulation, blood flow is normalized by the action of a laser beam on the blocked vessels. Sclerotherapy is a procedure in which a sclerosing substance is injected into the affected vessels, sticking the vessel together. With radio wave coagulation, the veins are affected by radio waves of a certain frequency, they destroy blockages and clean the vessels.
Cardinal techniques are considered to be the removal of a specific section of the uterine vein, or the complete removal of the uterus and its appendages. The advisability of using a particular method of treatment is decided individually, taking into account the age of the patient, the presence of offspring and concomitant diseases.
Diet therapy and exercise
During treatment and after surgery, it is very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and eat well. Increase the amount of foods containing vitamins in your diet, cucumbers, cranberries, celery, tomatoes and cherries have a very good effect on the condition of the veins. Limit the consumption of fried, fatty and smoked foods, it contributes to the blockage of blood vessels and reduces the absorption rate of vitamins. You should give up bad habits, spend more time in the fresh air, and not linger in one position for a long time. Any physical activity that a woman does must be doable.
Varicose veins of the uterus are corrected by physical exercises, which will increase the tone of the muscles and blood vessels of this organ. The following physical exercises have a very good effect on the condition of patients:
- Lie on your back, put your hands on the floor with your palms and with your feet, make movements that simulate riding a bicycle.
- In the same position, we do the scissor leg exercise 30 times. After that, we turn on our stomachs. We lift the body by resting our elbows on the floor and do the same movements with our legs. In this position, it is more difficult to manipulate the limbs, but their effect is greater.
- In a sitting or standing position, tuck in the anus. Such movements are combined with correct breathing - they suck in on inspiration and release air on exhalation. Enough 15 retractions times a day.
- Sit on the floor, bend one knee and straighten the other leg. The extended leg is slowly raised and lowered 20 times. After that, the leg is changed.
These simple exercises, which will not take you a short time, can improve blood circulation to the pelvic organs and directly to the uterus. As an additional load, you can climb stairs, which also has a strong effect on blood circulation and strengthens the muscles of the legs.
Folk remedies and recipes
The following folk methods help to thin the blood and perfectly improve the processes of blood circulation:
- Dilute a spoonful of vinegar with a glass of water. To consume twice a day before meals.
- Horse chestnut tincture not only strengthens blood vessels, but also increases immunity. You can buy it ready-made at a drugstore or make it yourself by mixing chopped chestnuts and alcohol. The tool is insisted for 2 weeks in a glass container under a tightly closed lid. Inside, use 20 drops before meals.
- Perfectly cleanses the blood vessels with propolis in its natural form and in the form of a decoction. It is recommended to dissolve a slice of the product for an hour or prepare a decoction based on it, it is enough to pour boiling water over the propolis and leave it to stand for 20 minutes. It should be noted that the remedy can harm people with hypertension, as it speeds up blood circulation in the body and causes hypertensive crisis.
- The tincture of lilac and alcohol removes congestion of the pelvic organs very well. You need to mix 200 g of plant flowers with 0, 5 l of alcohol and leave for 2 weeks. Then 1 tsp. use the remedy before each meal, drink it or eat it.
- A decoction of hop cones helps a lot. They are brewed in boiling water for 15 minutes, infused for half an hour and drunk half a glass, 2 times a day.
Varicose veins of the uterus are a very serious pathology, so you should not get carried away with alternative therapy in this case. It can act in addition to the main treatment, it should under no circumstances be used alone. Now you know what uterine varicose veins are and you pretty much know how to treat this disease, so at the first symptoms you can quickly see a doctor and stop the disease at an early stage, preventing it from happening. develop into a chronic form, which is considered incurable.