Varicose veins are one of the most common diseases of modern man. The symptoms, the course of the disease and the consequences are quite predictable. Once the diagnosis of varicose veins is made, medicine usually recommends surgical treatment methods. But there are special ways to cure this disease. Varicose veins on the legs are treated with folk remedies.
In order not to become a frequent visitor to the phlebologist's office, it is enough for a person to take care of his health and prevent this disease.
Due to low physical activity, wearing uncomfortable tight clothes and shoes, as well as constant stress, varicose veins of the lower extremities can develop. Measures to prevent the disease will not take a lot of time and physical strength, so it is worth knowingly taking care of the condition of the veins.
Preventive methods are painless and affordable, and also have "folk" roots.
The main methods of preventing the disease:
- Lack of "oversized" shoes. Uncomfortable shoes are the number one cause of insidious venous disease. If a woman wears shoes with heels greater than 5 cm every day, then varicose veins of the legs at an older age are provided to her.
- After a hard day and intense physical effort, it is recommended to allow a "minute of rest" for the legs. You can prepare an herbal infusion bath and relax. It will not be superfluous to perform a self-massage and rest in a supine position with the legs raised for 15 minutes.
- Do not wear tight clothing such as socks, knee socks or stockings with a tight elastic band.
- Walking barefoot on sea pebbles and sand is helpful.
- Excessive consumption of salty and spicy foods in combination with alcoholic products leads to impaired blood circulation and the formation of thrombotic clots. Therefore, it is necessary to get rid of bad eating habits.
- Sports activities ("cycling", "birch", tiptoeing) before the onset of pain symptoms will be an excellent preventive measure.
- If you like to sit cross-legged, then it is worth getting rid of this habit. Thus, the veins are compressed and the blood flow deteriorates.
- Hot baths and frequent saunas are not beneficial for the lower limbs. After hot water, rinse them cold to tone the vessels.
- The best preventive measure is to wear compression underwear (stockings or tights). Now, doctors recommend this underwear to all pregnant women to prevent varicose veins. Pantyhose evenly distribute the pressure on the veins, and the manifestation of unpleasant symptoms decreases.
- Visit several doctors: from the phlebologist to the orthopedist. The phlebologist will assess the condition of the veins, blood vessels and blood flow. The podiatrist will know if you have flat feet, which is also the cause of varicose veins.
Symptoms of the manifestation of varicose veins on the lower extremities complicate the patient's life. "The first bells" will be buzzing, heaviness and a feeling of numbness in the legs.
The acute form of varicose veins of the legs does not manifest itself immediately, but gradually increases and suggests a problem with the help of the following symptoms:
- Sensation of "cast-iron" feet, especially in the evening after a day's work;
- Pain in the lower limbs, burning in the veins and a feeling of heat;
- Swelling that appears in the evening and disappears with the beginning of the morning;
- The manifestation of veins on the skin of the legs (twisting, swelling);
- "Stars" of blood vessels;
- Sensation of fullness in the legs.
Folk remedies have a number of advantages over drug therapy. The main thing is inexpensive and the almost total absence of side effects. However, in order to cure varicose veins, it is necessary to use a combination of treatment methods: from the help of drugs to the use of traditional medicine.
The use of folk advice will be effective at the first stage of the disease, that is, when you experience symptoms such as heaviness in the lower extremities, "venous mesh", convulsions.
In more advanced cases and in the event of an acute course of varicose veins, medical and sometimes surgical intervention by medical personnel is mandatory.
Traditional methods of treating varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- Baking soda. Dissolve 1 sachet of baking soda in a tub filled to the brim with water. If you need a smaller serving, dilute 5-7 tablespoons of baking soda in 5 liters of water. The water should be hot, but not boiling. The bath should not be taken for more than 30 minutes. If you wish, you can only "bathe" your feet, then the reception does not last more than 15 minutes.
- Vine leaves. Mix 50 g of dried vine leaves in 3 liters of water brought to a boil. You need to insist on the bath for several hours, then heat the water to an acceptable temperature. Soak your feet in the water and keep them for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Horse chestnut. Horse chestnut bark is mixed with chamomile (flowers) and nettle. Take equal proportions, every 10 g each. Pour the resulting mixture with 3 liters of water brought to the boil and leave to stand for 1 hour. Filter the finished infusion, warm it to a comfortable temperature and place your feet in the bath. The duration of admission is half an hour. You can perform this procedure at least every day. After the bath, put on compression stockings (stockings or tights).
Compresses for varicose veins of the lower limbs:
- Garlic. The head of garlic should be crushed or finely grated for vegetables. The ointment is prepared as follows: one part of garlic is mixed with two parts of butter. The mixture should be applied as a lotion to a painful area and wrapped in a bandage and a warm object (for example, a scarf). Keep the ointment overnight. You can wash it in the morning.
- Sour milk and wormwood. To make a compress solution, it is necessary to combine sour milk with chopped wormwood (you can use a blender for chopping). You should get a pasty state. Spread this porridge on a gauze napkin and cover your leg overnight. Secure the top with any material or adhesive. This event can take place for 5 consecutive nights. A break of several days and a rehearsal is possible.
- Kalanchoe (plant) healing. Place the pinnate Kalanchoe leaves in a 1 liter jar. The leaves should fill exactly half of the container. Pour 70% alcohol into the jar to the top and let stand 14 calendar days. Place it in a dark place. Shake the contents of the container daily. Lubricate the lower limbs, including the feet, with the tincture every night before bed.
- Apple vinegar. It is necessary to purchase apple cider vinegar (3-4%) and wipe areas of the skin with protruding veins in the morning and evening. Internal use is also possible. On an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening before having dinner, you can drink 1 glass of water diluted with 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Apples. 1 kg of Antonovka apples, finely chopped or crushed in a blender. Pour the resulting mass in 1 liter of boiling water. Insist about 2 hours, then mash in the applesauce. The lump should be rubbed into the lower extremities 1 time per day. The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator and heated in a water bath before use.
- Blue clay. Buy blue clay and mix it with hot but not boiling water. Whey can be used in place of water. You should get a thick, homogeneous mass, reminiscent of sour cream. The affected area of the skin is covered with this mass with a layer of about 2 cm, wrap it with a towel and cover it with a warm woolen cloth. The compress can be removed after 2 hours.
- Lilac. You can make a tincture of lilac flowers as follows: pour alcohol (or vodka) into a 0. 5 liter jar and add lilac flowers (50 g). Lilac can be replaced with white acacia. You must insist on the solution within 14 calendar days. Then strain the solution through a colander and use it to rub the skin affected by varicose veins. The duration of treatment is 1 month.
Making any "folk" ointment at home begins with the basics. The basis is oil. Use vegetables or olives. Olive oil is more useful because it contains arachidonic acid, which strengthens the blood vessels and the walls of the veins.
To make the ointment thick, add natural animal fat (chicken, lamb, pork) to the oil. If you want, you can buy omega-3 fatty acids at any drugstore and add them to the prepared mixture. 5 fatty acid capsules are opened and poured into an ointment at the end of production. Mix well. The basis of the therapeutic mass is ready.
Storage is mandatory in the refrigerator. However, the treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities with ointments should be carried out with the addition of the following beneficial substances:
- Horse chestnut. Grind the dried chestnuts (7 pieces) and its flowers (2 tablespoons) into powder (you can use a blender or a coffee grinder). Add the mass to 300 ml of olive or vegetable oil. Heat the mixture in a water bath for about 60 minutes. Let cool then pass through a fine sieve. You need to add animal fat to the resulting solution (after dissolving it). Stir the mixture and wait for the mass to thicken. Omega3 fatty acid capsules can be added if desired. Apply this product to the lower limbs before going to bed. Bandage your legs. The procedure lasts from 14 calendar days to 2 months, depending on your state of mind. The ointment also has a healing effect.
- Ointment made from anti-inflammatory herbs (chicory, coltsfoot, chamomile (flowers), St. John's wort, meadowsweet (flowers), cuff (leaves). Mix 1 teaspoon of the listed dry herbs in a saucepan and pour half ofglass of water. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring. Cool the solution and dilute with the fat of domestic animals (chicken, pork or lamb). Ointment is applied to the sore spot with inflamed veins and covered witha fixing bandage The bandage should be changed 2-3 times a day The procedure can last about 7 calendar days.
- Ointment using honey. In a glass of vegetable or olive oil, add 100 g of beeswax and 100 g of coniferous resin. Cook the resulting mixture on the fire for 10 minutes then add 2 tablespoons of honey. Boil the mixture for another 10 minutes. And again add a new component - 2 g of propolis. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Let the mass cool, pass through a sieve and store in a glass container. Apply the ointment to the surface of the legs affected by varicose veins 3 times a day.
- Ointment from different components is the most effective remedy for varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies. Mix the following ingredients, 15 ml each: pet fat, ichthyol ointment, honey, laundry soap (first rack on a fine grater), Vishnevsky ointment, onion juice and aloe leaves. Heat the resulting mass on a fire, but do not bring to a boil. The mixture is excellent for vasodilation. Lubricate his "star" veins before going to bed. Cover this area with a gauze bandage and secure it. You don't need to remove the bandage the next day. The new procedure starts the following evening. The course lasts until the end of the prepared ointment.
Diet for varicose veins
Nutrition is the key to the health of any person. The vessels of the veins are elastic and they must also be "nourished". There is no special diet for varicose veins. But including foods with protein, carbohydrates, and omega acids in the daily diet helps cope with the symptoms of varicose veins and make you feel better. Raw vegetables and fruits will be helpful for the blood vessels, strengthening them.
- Nettle infusion. Boil water. Pour 2 tablespoons of nettle leaves with a glass of boiling water. The liquid should be infused, followed by filtering. Drink ј glass 3 times a day. The admission course can be a calendar month. Take a break for 14 days, then start again.
- Nutmeg. Pour 1 teaspoon (not on top) of ground nutmeg with a glass of boiling water. Add a tablespoon of honey to the solution. It takes about half an hour to brew the broth. Before eating (1 hour) you need to drink 1 glass of folk remedy. Drink 1 more glass 2 hours after eating.
Important!Nutmeg is poisonous. The maximum dose at a time is no more than 1 teaspoon without a lid, and preferably about 3 to 5 g.
- Horse chestnut. Pour half a liter of alcohol into a jar and add 50 g of horse chestnut flowers. You must insist on the solution within 14 calendar days. It is necessary to shake the tincture every day. After that, filter well and take orally 1 tablespoon 3 times a day before meals. Drink immediately with water.
- To jump. Pour the dried hop cones with a glass of boiling water. Leave to infuse for about 1 hour. The solution can be used both internally and externally. Internal use: the broth should be drunk half an hour before each meal, 1 glass. External use: a bandage or a gauze towel soaked in this broth is applied to the legs morning and evening. The duration of treatment is at least six months. Breaks of 14 calendar days are required after one month of using the traditional method.
Folk remedies for edema of the legs
Being overweight causes significant pressure on the legs. Even ten extra pounds will negatively affect the veins. The elasticity of the vessels decreases, and the blood stagnates in the lower extremities, which leads to edema.
- Horse chestnut ointment. An excellent remedy for swelling of the legs will be the use of horse chestnut ointment, which is prepared by yourself (the recipe is described above). Chestnut is one of the most popular veinotonics. Its properties help to strengthen the walls of the veins, reduce the level of vascular permeability. As a result, the swelling disappears. This ointment relieves pain and improves blood microcirculation. The risk of blood clots is reduced.
- Dill broth. Dissolve 1 tablespoon of dill seeds in 0, 3 liters of hot boiling water. Pour the broth into a thermos and let stand overnight. The infusion should be drunk at 0. 15 liters before breakfast and before bedtime. The duration of treatment is 21 calendar days. You can take a break for 3 days and, if necessary, continue to take the broth.
- Linseed. Place 4 teaspoons of flax seeds in a 1 liter jar of water. Boil for 15 minutes and place in a warm place. Let the broth infuse and pass through a fine sieve. Drink half a glass every 2 hours. The maximum number of appointments is 8 times per day. For comfortable use, you can add a few tablespoons of lemon or orange juice. A visible result will appear within 2-3 weeks.
- Edema bath. Pour a handful of sea salt in lukewarm water and add a few drops of peppermint essential oil. Dip your feet in the water and sit for about 20 minutes. Then rinse your feet with cold water. The end of the procedure with self-massage of the feet and legs will be a big plus. Such a bath tones the blood vessels and helps get rid of edema.
- Potato compress. Grate a large potato on a fine vegetable grater. Coat your feet with this mass and bandage with a bandage to fix the potato porridge. You can use a plastic bag. The compress should be kept for at least 2 hours. Safe for all categories of women and men.
Folk remedies for thinning the blood
To get rid of the symptoms of varicose veins of the lower extremities, it is necessary to thin the blood. With age, the blood thickens and as a result blood circulation becomes difficult and the risk of blood clots increases. The vessels become less elastic.
Popular methods of traditional medicine in terms of blood thinning for varicose veins include:
- Reception of a large quantity of water, depending on the patient's weight.
- Diet and consumption of certain foods. Blood lightening: weak green tea without sugar, dairy products, apricots, lemon, cranberries, cranberries, raspberries, grapes, grapefruit, figs, orange juice, flaxseed oil, fatty fish (mackerel, herring), wheat germ, ginger.
- Ginkgo biloba. Pour half a liter of vodka into a jar and add 50 g of ginkgo biloba leaves. Introduce the solution within 14 calendar days. The tincture can be taken orally 1 teaspoon 3 times a day before meals. The duration of treatment is one month. You can take a break for a week and repeat the treatment.
- Donnik. Pour half a liter of boiling water into a thermos and add 1 tablespoon of sweet clover herb. Leave the broth in a thermos for 2 hours, pass through a fine sieve and drink 1/3 of the glass 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is 1 calendar month.
- Chestnut (peel). Pour half a liter of vodka into the chestnut zest (50 g). Insist for 14 days, then pass through a sieve and take 30 drops orally, diluted with water. It can be consumed up to several times a day before taking food. The duration of treatment is 21 calendar days.
- White willow bark (contains natural asypirin). 1 tablespoon of white willow bark is poured with boiling water (1 glass). Boil the broth for 10 minutes. Insist 1 hour and pass through a sieve. Dilute to original volume with water. Drink 2 tablespoons before meals 3 times a day. The duration of treatment is 10 calendar days.
Varicose veins of the lower limbs are much more common in women than in men. But the question "how to treat varicose veins on the legs of men with folk remedies" also remains relevant. The alternative treatment methods in this case are the same.
It is important to pay attention not to the gender of the person, but to their general history and medical condition, allergic reactions or a high level of sensitivity to any of the components.
After analyzing these factors, a patient with varicose veins can choose a "recipe" that suits them. However, consultation with a specialist in phlebology is necessary.
- Exam number 1: After giving birth, under the kneecaps, I noticed how blue crowns started to appear, then "stars" appeared. Before that, I noticed the heaviness and swelling of the legs. Immediately she recovered and periodically took foot baths. Relaxes and helps relieve swelling. I strongly recommend that you lie down with your legs elevated every day, at least 15 minutes.
- Test # 2: I never thought I would get varicose veins, even though my mom had them too. On his advice, I decided to try folk remedies for the treatment of varicose veins on the legs. Saw a nutmeg broth. Delicious! But not more. It seems to me that a strong effect of using this method cannot be achieved. Maybe something else had to be done and be treated comprehensively. As a result, I went to a phlebologist, who prescribed me special ointments.
- Review number 3: I tried several folk recipes for varicose veins on the legs. I didn't notice any particular effect. I decided to buy blue clay and mix it with whey. About a month, she smeared her legs with varicose veins. I stopped feeling heavy in my legs, it just became much easier to stand up. At least I had a feeling of relaxation.
The diagnosis of "varicose veins" does not become a life sentence. Folk remedies are quite effective and have been tested by many people. However, before using traditional methods, consult a specialist with higher medical training. Do not drive yourself at the peak of illness.