A person is prone to various diseases, the development of which, by the way, to a certain extent is to blame himself. This is our perennial unwillingness to lead a healthy and active lifestyle, exercise, which is a delay time until next Monday. And this fashion? What just won't work mods and fashion, trying to match the icons of style, after which in adulthood to blame for the reckless deeds.
The consequence of such behavior (not in all cases), it may be such a disease, such as varicose veins of the lower extremities, the symptoms and treatment of which further talk in more detail.
What are varicose veins
The name of the disease, in translation from Latin means "bloated". Actually, once the swelling of the veins and can be seen with the naked eye on the affected section of the body. However, it is indicative of the dynamic development of the disease and not a symptom of early varicose veins.
With varicose veins suffer from venous vessels due to violation of the circulatory system work and valves.
To the greatest extent varikoznim changes in the exposed veins on the legs, but the pathology can be observed in the blood vessels of the walls of the large and small pans. Very rare cases of the occurrence of this disease in the blood vessels of the upper extremities.
Help. Varicose veins – a very common disease, for which the average rate of slaughter of the population achieves 10-18%.
It is worth noting that the occurrence of the first symptoms of varicose veins on the legs, but also their further development (if left untreated), in women is celebrated in several times more often than men. And age an indication of no importance.
Damage to the inflammation of the walls may have bacterial, physical, traumatic, chemical nature of the origin.
Based on this, you can identify the precipitating factors of developing this disease of the legs:
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- professional activity associated with heavy physical exertion or long stay in one position (sitting or standing);
- everyday wearing of tight underwear and shoes with a high heel;
- a substantial increase in body weight;
- the period of pregnancy, especially the second and follow-up.
If life is present at least one of these reasons, it is worth it to instantly remove it, or at least, pay more attention to the condition of the veins in the legs.
Symptoms of varicose veins on the legs are directly dependent on the stage of the disease.
Help. The clearest symptom of varicose veins of the legs, which is impossible with something confused –enlargement of the superficial veins, while the maximum apparent vessel bulge in the bottom of the legs.
We distinguish between 4 stages of varicose veins of the lower extremities, and each is characterized by certain symptoms, manifestations:
- initial – heaviness in the legs, rapid fatigue after walking, swelling;
- the first – the emergence of spider veins, a burning sensation in the calves and stopping, regular cramps (especially at night);
- second – to all of the above symptoms is added itching, numbness, pigmentation of the skin in the affected area. In addition to celebrating the emergence of a strong swelling and significant pain. Blue nodes become more visible.
- the third – heavy phase of the pathology, which strongly suffer from the skin, cover the foot. The observed dryness, formation of cracks, darkening of the skin in the area of the ankle. Nodes veins bulge still more, that it is dangerous because they can burst even with a small injury. If something like this happened, then it is on the site of the nodules appear trophic ulcer, which is dangerous not only for health but also a person's life.
Symptomatology of varicose veins of the legs depending on the stage of development of pathology
Run this disease can not be in any case. At the slightest suspicion it is worth it to turn to a specialist for highly qualified help, because if in the initial stage, quite successfully treated and conservative ways, then when the third or last stage, it is necessary to carry out the operation.
Help. When running the form of varicose veins often celebrated development of thrombophlebitis – education inflammation of blood clots, which threatens the life of the patient.
Separately it is worth mentioning the development of this pathology in persons of the female sex. Due to the nature of the construction of the body can be observed other symptoms of varicose veins on the legs in women.
These include the strengthening of all the symptoms of the disease in the period of menstruation and menopause. This is a result of hormonal changes in a woman's body.
How to begins varicose veins on the legs
Worth talking about the initial stage of varicose veins on the legs
This moment is very important, because early identification and proper conduct of the patient will depend on the quality of his next life.
Starting this morbid condition, almost imperceptible, because the symptoms manifest themselves as ordinary fatigue.
Just for this reason varicose veins often remains unnoticed until the emergence of severe manifestations.
One of the first signs of varicose veins on the legs – the appearance of the skin, vascular veins, which form small capillaries of the blue or red colors.
Help. Vascular mesh, or as they are called vascular asterisks appear in all cases at this stage, the flow of the disease.
At the beginning of the development of the disease more characteristic of the following symptoms:
- Regular swelling of the feet.
- Rapid fatigue, heaviness and pain in the legs.
- Feeling of fullness in the calves.
A manifestation of early varicose veins of the legs
The above symptoms can be amplified at high load, by the end of the working day or in the hot season.
On the first pores will disappear after a rest in a horizontal position and slightly raised feet.
If we do nothing, over time the manifestations of the disease start to grow, get the following stage of progression.
Therapy and prevention of early varicose veins
There are contraindications. Consult with your doctor.
Before you start thinking about ways to treat and prevent the initial stage of the disease, touch on the question of the diagnosis of varicose veins of the lower extremities.
For the identification and subsequent therapy pathology need to see a doctor, who will prescribe a list of required analyses and studies:
- coagulogram – the study of blood clotting;
- general analysis of blood;
- ULTRASOUND for the detection of damaged sections of blood vessels;
- rheovasography – control of renal blood tissues method of calculation of the rheographic index;
- the surgical warehouse (very rarely), for example, phlebography, in which they perform intravenous contrast administration and to find out the status of the circulatory system.
Before that how to identify varicose veins on the legs in such a way, the doctor, of course, carefully listens to and records all complaints of patients, and also performs a thorough inspection.
On the basis of all examinations and to determine the nature of the disease, the doctor will prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Prevention plays an important role in the presence of risk factors for developing this unhealthy condition. Why it is not appropriate to ignore their observance even at the beginning of varicose veins.
It will be able to protect you from further development of the disease and the need for surgical intervention.
For this purpose, you should adhere to the following rules:
- Moderate exercise, especially swimming.
- Proper nutrition.
- Reception of vitamin complexes.
- Strengthen the walls of blood vessels using contrast showers.
- The wearing of compression underwear.
- Performance of the exercise, which contribute to the improvement of blood circulation.
Methods of prevention of varicose veins
Such exercises, known to all from a school bench: "bicycle", "scissors", walk to the socks and heels, flexion – extension of the feet in ankle joints, but also the implementation of circular movements.
Important! Similar exercises should be carried out every day, because only then will be able to benefit.
Treatment of the symptoms of varicose veins veins on foot at an early stage rather effective. Usually specialist – flebolog appointed comprehensive treatment that includes several different treatments.
The most effective of them are the following methods:
- Massage at early varicose veins — one of the effective methods of treatment of pathology
- Therapeutic physical training and hiking for the normal circulation of blood.
- Therapeutic massage – relieves fatigue and improves blood circulation.
- Compression underwear – creates a uniform distribution of pressure.
- Flebotoniki for relieving pain and swelling of the legs, improve muscle tone.
- Creams to increase the elasticity of the skin.
- Ointments and gels (preferably on the basis of vetonikov and heparin) – they remove the feeling of heaviness in the legs, eliminate blood circulation.
- They have one particular, but effective way – a band-aid from varicose veins, based on medicinal herbs and roots.
If in the early stage of the disease conscientiously fulfill all the doctor's prescriptions, and then there are all the chances to stop the progression of the disease, and hence to avoid surgery.