At the mention of such diseases as varicose veins, most people represent pathological processes in the lower extremities, which are visible to the naked eye. Varicose veins pelvic – about this variant of the disease says and writes much less often. Often its symptoms are evaluated as the presence of inflammatory processes in organs of genitourinary sphere, some hormonal disorders, diseases of the organs of the urinary system, lumbar sciatica.
In women varicose veins of the pelvis caused by stretching of the venous walls, reducing their strength. The peak incidence falls on the reproductive age from 25 to 50 years. Sometimes varicose can be determined in adolescent girls in a period of rapid growth and the creation of a hormonal background and the menstrual cycle. At this age the disease can occur without symptoms.
Another feature of the pathology – tendency to deterioration and active manifestation in the period of bearing a child.
Symptoms and causes
Obstruction of veins and faults in system normal blood circulation in the ovaries leads to a disruption in the circulatory system. That causes factor for the development of the disease can be dysplasia of the connective tissue, leading to a reduction in the amount of collagen and, as a consequence, the elasticity and strength of blood vessels.
The common negative factors and causes of varicose veins of small pelvis:
- the period of pregnancy due to the increase in the volume of blood in the blood vessels, the increased content of progesterone, the large size of the uterus;
- regular intensive physical load;
- repeated previous pregnancy and childbirth;
- a sedentary way of life, with mainly sedentary activities;
- gynecological disorders: pathological structure of the uterus, endometriosis, inflammatory processes;
- practice after a large period of interruption of sexual intercourse in order to protect from unwanted pregnancy;
- long-term use of certain hormonal agents;
- the lack of satisfaction with sex life.
Provoke the development of varicose veins can hormonal imbalances, particularly an increase in estrogen levels.
As already mentioned, pelvic varicose veins is manifested similarly as diseases of the female genitourinary system. The main character, which makes the vigilant, it is a constant pain. They are manifested in the lower abdomen, can be as weak, barely palpable, so intense sharp. Very often severe pain, arises in a small frying pan, apply to the area of the lumbar or sacral. The pains are getting sharper after physical exertion or, on the contrary, after a long stay in the same position (sitting or standing).
Attention is drawn to the following symptoms, which manifests itself in varicose enlargement of the veins of small pelvis:
- more bleeding after childbirth or gynecological surgeries, caused by thinning of the venous wall, to stop the bleeding is difficult;
- painful sexual intercourse, feeling of sexual frustration, fear, and hatred to the sexual life in general, the emergence of severe spasms of the muscles when you try to enter into an intimate proximity;
- painful or frequent urination, caused by a plethoric bladder;
- increase in the veins of the vulva or perineum, accompanied by a strong itching, edema, burning sensation;
- thrombophlebitis of the veins, which are typical swelling or redness of the skin in the groin, fever and general weakness.
We distinguish between large varicose veins of the vagina and the development of the disease as a result of venous plethora. The disease can have three degrees of intensity.
With varicose veins:
- 1 degree – the diameter of the vein is 4-5 mm;
- 2 degree – vienna increases to 6-10 m;
- 3 degree – diameter veins more than 10 mm.
The definition of the severity of the pathology – one of the main stages of diagnostics, because it helps to determine the ways of treatment. In the first two cases usually enough conservative treatment, changes in the power supply system, the application of therapeutic gymnastics. Third, the severity of the disease requires the implementation of the operation, ligation of large veins.
This disease is a problem repeatedly parous women. Changes veins can occur already during the first pregnancy, and with each subsequent risk increases. At a certain stage of the vienna authorities to stop work completely, preventing the normal outflow of blood.
The risk increases if the woman:
- diagnosis of abnormal structure of the genital organs (mainly the uterus);
- there is a genetic predisposition;
- being overweight or missile hundred pounds throughout the entire pregnancy;
- they have bad habits (smoking);
- work that requires less physical exertion, the longer you stay sitting or standing in one place.
This pathology of the suffering women in the third trimester because the growing uterus puts pressure on surrounding organs, creating obstacles for their normal activities.
The normal volume of blood, which circulates in the body during pregnancy increases almost to 50 %. Not always vienna to cope with the increased for them a burden, and especially in the case that the situation is compounded by a variety of provoking factors, which were discussed above.
Characteristic changes in the hormonal background in the body of the expectant mothers may also a bad influence on the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels.Than dangerous pathological increase in the veins during pregnancy?
Varicose veins of the uterus and other organs threatening difficult birth with serious consequences. The thin walls of the veins can injuries and even torn, causing in pain and bleeding. These phenomena are harmful and dangerous not only for the well-being of women, but also for her life.
One of the most frequently occurring disorders – the risk of blood clots. They block blood vessels, reducing or completely preventing the proper securing of the placenta with blood. This dysfunction leads to aging of the placenta and lack of oxygen starvation of the fetus.
On 1 and 2 stages of varicose veins of small pelvis, the birth, usually, it passes through a natural way. During the experiments the medical staff takes care of it, to reduce the pressure on the walls of blood vessels. It is necessary to parallel the introduction of drugs, dilution of the blood.
Heavy (3-i) the form requires to perform a caesarean section.
With the availability of this problem pregnant must carefully prepare for the impending birth, and that:
- from the second trimester wearing prenatal bandage;
- to move actively, to exclude long-stay sitting or standing in one position (for example, stay behind the computer);
- to reduce the pressure in the arteries during sleep to place between the legs special pillow;
- entry to the swimming pool or regularly take a contrast shower.
The expectant mother need to review your diet, keep an eye on the actual emptying of the bowel.
External pelvic examination allows you to easily identify the varicose vulva and perineum. But how to verify whether it is this pathology of internal genital organs? For accurate problem determination appoint additional examinations, such as ULTRASOUND diagnosis, phlebography, laparoscopy, ct or MRI.
The disease belongs to the gynecological pathologies. His treatment is carried out the doctor-phlebologist (vascular surgeon). But whereas pathology is often detected during the passage of the ULTRASOUND examination, further woman observed in two experts – a gynecologist and phlebologist. Treatment of varicose veins of small pelvis must be comprehensive, including medical therapy and treatment without the use of drugs, the application of therapeutic gymnastics, the normalization of the supply systems and the revision of the regime of the day.
Drugs effectively eliminate the the symptoms at the initial stage. Patients to prescribe medication in the period of exacerbation. Long-term use of such devices is undesirable because they are prone to cause side effects. Drugs improve blood circulation, reduce inflammation and feelings of pain, reduce the risk of blood clots.How to treat dilated veins of small pelvis in a pregnant woman, and if there is a legitimate medical therapy in this case?
Due to the potential harm to the fetus and the high risk of adverse events, medications administered no earlier the second trimester, and only in exceptional cases. If pregnant women never experienced these health problems, most often her recommend limiting non-drug treatment, for example by wearing special underwear.
Remove stagnant phenomena in a small saucepan you gymnastics. Most of the exercises performed in the supine position. It can be known "birch", "bicycle", "scissors". In their implementation will prove sufficient pressure on the lower abdomen, contributes to the outflow of blood. Therapeutic physical training is complemented by wearing compression of the knitted fabric.
Among the treatment methods used and hirudotherapy, the treatment with leeches, which are developing in the area of the coccyx.
The means of folk medicine effective for overcoming the symptoms of the disease, if their use is in the early stages. Great efficiency have tea and infusions of fungus and the root of the dandelion, tincture on the basis of horse chestnut.
The most affordable way to apps mushroom – a medicinal tea for its basis. For this 3 tbsp of dried mushroom is poured 0.5 liters of boiled water and insist in a warm place for several hours. Take half an hour before meals no more than 2-3 times a day.
Dessert spoon of the crushed root of a dandelion, pour a glass of boiling water, insist a few hours and drink three times a day 10-15 minutes before meals. This tea is contraindicated for individuals who suffer from gastritis or diseases of the biliary tract.
For the preparation of the tincture of the horse chestnut fruit to cleanse from the peel, finely chop, laying in a dark glass bottle and pour vodka in a ratio of 1:10. The length associated with the recovery – 14 days. 25-30 drops of the obtained tincture mixed with a small amount of water and take three times a day. The duration of intake should not exceed 30 days.
Of great importance in the treatment of diseases is balanced diet excluding fatty foods and alcoholic beverages. In the menu should include meals with a high content of fiber, fats of vegetable origin. The main products in the diet should be vegetables, fruits, natural juice, green tea. It is not recommended to a sweet muffin, dishes with lots of spices, fast food. Meals should be frequent, but small portions.
Useful products with a high content of vitamin c (citrus fruits, black currant), seafood (oysters, shrimp, sea kale). Dishes need to cook with a minimal amount of salt.
Conservative methods of therapy significantly facilitate the condition of the patient and eliminate the risk of serious consequences. The main task of the treatment – prevention of recurrence and the need for surgery. Of great importance is the prevention of the disease and its relapse.
Between the medical recommendations should be highlighted:
- The use of hormonal drugs are only on prescription and under his control.
- Lead a mobile lifestyle with moderate physical activity.
- Eliminate bad habits, such as smoking and use of alcoholic beverages.
- Regularly perform complex gymnastic exercises for the promotion of the health of blood vessels.
- Stick to a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables and fruit.
- Wear a compressive knitted fabric during the occurrence of the first symptoms of varicose veins.
The implementation of preventive recommendations is also important during pregnancy, especially in its second half.
Revision of the nutrition, an active lifestyle, regular doctor's visits, treatments, enlarged veins of small pelvis immediately after the detection of the disease will remove the painful symptoms and help you avoid surgery for a long time.