Varicose veins – a common disease characterized by an increase in the lumen of blood vessels, impaired the work of the valve apparatus and the emergence of the reverse flow of blood. The disease process may be localized in different places, so the kinds of diseases are a few:
- enlargement of the veins of the esophagus;
- the veins in the anus (hemorrhoids);
- veins of small pelvis;
- veins of seed cord (varicocele);
- the veins of the lower extremities.
The most common is considered to be varicose veins on the legs. It is estimated that they suffer more than 30% of the population, with a majority of women. Varicose veins on the legs – it's not just ugly protruding veins, but also a variety of unpleasant feelings and difficulties. The disease process is accompanied by the weight and the pain, edema, often leads to dangerous complications: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, trophic ulcers. Many would like to know how to get rid of varicose veins forever, because it significantly worsens the quality of life. But, unfortunately, this phenomenon is irreversible, and the only thing you can achieve is to stop or slow down the development of the disease.
The reasons for varicose veins is not yet exactly clarified. It is understood that the disease is associated with thinning, weakness, and loss of elasticity of the vascular wall, as well as the ability of the valves. As a result the veins are unevenly dilated, stretched, long, convoluted. There is an opinion that a decisive role in the emergence of a disease plays a genetic predisposition, that is, from the birth of weak blood vessels and defective valves.
There are a number of factors that contribute to the development of varicose veins, though not his reasons:
- Heredity (according to experts, the risk of developing the disease in people whose parents suffer from it, is up to 70%).
- Belonging to the women's floor. This is due to the hormonal changes at puberty, during pregnancy and during menopause as well as intake of hormonal contraceptives and the wearing of shoes with high heels.
- Work activity associated with a longer stay on my feet or in a sitting position (hairdressers, shop assistants, doctors, waiters, drivers, accountants, programmers, and others).
- Higher age, in which the weakening of the walls of the blood vessels and the wear of the valve apparatus – a natural phenomenon.
- Operational intervention.
- A sedentary way of life.
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure in relation to overweight, pregnancy, lifting weights (movers, athletes, weight lifters), frequent contractions in chronic constipation and cough.
Methods of treatment
Varicose veins – it is a chronic process that begins gradually and over time just progresses. To fully defeat the disease is far from impossible, but slow down the development and reduce the symptomatology possible, if you apply complex treatment, which includes:
- a change in lifestyle;
- therapeutic physical training;
- compression therapy;
- medical devices (for internal consumption and local destination);
- thermal procedures;
- folk methods.
To fight with varicose veins will have a whole life. Engage self-heal is not necessary. You need examined by a phlebologist or a vascular surgeon, who will put the diagnosis, determine the stage of the disease and the severity of the lesion, prescribe the appropriate medication. The main task – to eliminate or alleviate the clinical symptoms, stop the progression, prevention of recurrence and development of complications.
The effectiveness of the treatment will depend on the performance of sick of all the doctor's recommendations. It is important to ask for help at an early stage, when there was no pain, but appeared evening swelling, heaviness and leg fatigue, small vascular asterisks on the skin.Correction of lifestyle
Without lifestyle changes it is not possible to effectively fight varicose veins. The rules that must be observed, utterly trivial, and their failure is usually associated with a lack of good faith or irresponsible attitude towards their health.
- Maintaining a normal body weight.
- Parting with bad habits: alcohol and smoking.
- The rejection of sunbathing, visiting couples and saunas, the adoption of the hot baths (including foot).
- Give up the high heels (greater than 4-5 cm).
- Wear special elastic knitwear.
- Software physical activity. It can be walking, swimming, therapeutic physical training, some sports. The main thing is to exclude squats, lifting weights, running long distances, jumps, oriental martial arts.
- Proper nutrition. In the diet should be more fresh vegetables, fruit, veg, whole grains, seafood. The amount of meat is recommended to reduce. It is necessary to give up smoked, fried, salty, fatty. From the drinks to give preference to green tea, pure water, juice, beverage, natural fresh juice and limit the coffee.
- Take advantage of every opportunity during the day to lift your legs up at an angle of approximately 20 degrees.
- Buy a special pillow for the legs, to during sleep were above the level of the heart.
- Try as often as possible, rinse your feet with cold water.
Special elastic knit today on sale in the big assortment. It's stockings, tights of different colors and densities, which practically does not differ from the ordinary. They have become a good alternative uncomfortable in the app and outwardly unattractive elastic bandage.
Special knit can not treat varicose veins, but it improves the microcirculation, reduces the load on the veins, do not give blood to stagnate, reducing the diameter of the blood vessels, increases outflow of venous blood and lymphatic circulation. A person feels lightness in the legs, in the evening less fatigue, swelling of the no.
For the first time without the habits of dressing pressure braided by hand it will be difficult. To simplify the task, you can buy a special device.
Issue four classes, therapeutic machines, depending on the developed pressure. Alone you can only wear items 1. class compression, which are considered preventive and are designed more for healthy people. The rest should be prescribed by a doctor depending on the diagnosis and severity of the varicose veins. It is necessary to know, that the compression products can be contraindicated in some diseases. Pantyhose or stockings will select a paramedic severely in size, otherwise the desired effect will not be.Treatment treatment
For the treatment of varicose veins using tablets and external funds in the form of gels, creams and ointments of different spectrum of action. Increase vascular tone, improve microcirculation, promote the outflow of blood, prevent changes to the skin sheets. The drugs are designed to remove fatigue, heaviness, discomfort, swelling, itching, cramps and pain in the legs. They are appointed by their strictly individually.
The basic means of treatment for varicose veins – it is venotonicos. They are made on the basis of horse chestnut, routine, leaves, vines, and almost always okay to transfer patients. They are produced in the form of tablets, capsules, gels.
It should be every day apply on your feet with advanced vein gel or cream and knead a soft light movements.
To reduce the viscosity of blood and reduce the likelihood of developing thrombophlebitis applying anticoagulants. It ointments on the basis of heparin with the cooling accessories in the form of menthol, camphor, eucalyptus. In addition to blood thinners, which prevent the development of thrombophlebitis.
With skin changes that cause itching, it may appoint antihistamines means. While inflammation serves a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.Surgery
How to get rid of varicose veins performed surgery to remove the affected part of the vessel, in order to stop a discharge of blood from the superficial veins into the deep. The operation is called a phlebectomy. In the classical form is today used less and less in context with the advent of new, less traumatic way to combat varicose veins. Such treatment is usually indicated for large diameters of the vein and advanced cases of the disease.
More sparing methods is microflebectomy, in which a section of vein that is being accessed parts of the and not through the incision and through a puncture.Thermal methods
Radiofrequency ablation is considered the safest and least traumatic way to treat varicose veins, although it has some contraindications. The method consists in the thermal effects of microwaves, causing the venous lumen closes. Main advantages:
- the treatment is outpatient;
- is no need for anesthesia and the incision;
- recovery does not take long;
- the procedure is easily tolerated;
- it is possible to do in the summer;
- bruising after the treatment, no swelling and pain smaller.
Radiofrequency ablation – a less traumatic method of treatment of varicose veins.
Laser coagulation – is another method of treatment of varicose disease. During the treatment, the walls of the container, the influence of the laser. Radiation leads to the bonding of the walls of the veins and the complete closure of the lumen. Performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia, without incisions. In the lumen of the vein insert the catheter, through which is injected a led and served radiation. The procedure without injury, complications occur very rarely.Sclerotherapy
This non-invasive method is one of the most common. Apply to the smaller veins, and as part of a comprehensive treatment along with surgical intervention. The bottom line is that using a fine needle into the vein injected a special drug with a sclerosing action. In the result, there is sticking together of the walls of the container, its closure and cessation of blood flow. The affected vienna turns into a fibrous tension bar. The main advantages of the method:
- the treatment is outpatient;
- small trauma;
- ease of implementation;
- the duration of the procedure about 20 minutes;
- a good cosmetic effect.
If the disease is run, may develop such complications as deep vein thrombosis.Folk methods
Tincture of walnut glass cookware is empty crushed unripe walnuts and pour in the olive oil. Put on the sun for 40 days. Use it as a proper means of oiling the affected area. Continue treatment for about four months.Cabbage leaf
Hit a leaf of cabbage, on the one hand, cause a layer of olive oil, attach this side to the patient land, bandage and leave for the day. Continue treatment for a period of one month.Horse chestnut
This is one of the most effective folk remedies. For the treatment of varicose veins is preparing a tincture from the fruit of plants that need to grind, fill half a glass jar (three-liter) and pour the vodka. Remove to a dark place for a month, from time to time mixing. When will be ready, they rub the sore spot on the night. Alcohol tincture of the horse chestnut trees for outdoor and indoor use in varicose veins can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Therapeutic physical education – an integral part of a comprehensive treatment for varicose veins.Exercise
Upon the occurrence of varicose veins the question may arise whether it is possible to engage in physical education and sport and what kind of exercise is useful. Most doctors agree that the motor activity is in this disease is very important, because for veins useful dynamics and harmful statics. But it is equally important to consult a doctor and about what sports can be operated and what loads will be optimal. In addition, the patient can be shown, special physiotherapy, which are performed directly in a medical facility. At home you can also perform simple but effective exercises, which in the regular courses will help you to reduce the symptoms of varicose disease.
- Lie on your back, under the legs to give the pillows to rise up at an angle of 20 degrees. Close your eyes, relax, take a deep breathe.
- In the supine position raise legs vertically and rotate the feet alternately in and out.
- Lie down on your back and do the legs movements as when riding a bike.
- Lying on your back, raise legs and make their crossing (scissors).
- Stand up straight, hands omitted, feet together. Slowly rise on socks, then slowly decline.
- Walk in place, socks from the floor, and not make your.
- Sitting on a chair bend the legs at the joint of the ankle on themselves and from each other, then similarly bend the fingers.
- Dousing the legs of elastic running water (alternatively, then cold, then hot).
Varicose veins – the process is irreversible, but heal it must, the more that the modern methods that should be used in the complex, there is quite a lot. Without treatment is a great risk of developing complications, such as chronic venous insufficiency, phlebitis, thromboticflebitida, thrombosis, trophic ulcers, and even is a dangerous condition that can end in death, as thromboembolism of the pulmonary artery.