The most common form of the disease is varicose veins of the lower extremities, but sometimes it can affect other organs – in particular the male penis.
Description and mechanisms of development
The veins in the penis are of great importance in its functioning, because directly involved in the process of erection and are necessary for the escape of blood from the internal tissues.
The male penis is an organ, which is equipped with a large number of veins and arteries – precisely for this reason, when sexual excitement can be very released above the surface of the skin.
This is a normal phenomenon, but in a healthy man's veins and arteries have a diameter of no more than 2-4 mm and a light blue shade.
If it is the same appearance, color or density of the veins is in some way changing, this may be the first symptom of the development of various diseases, including varicose veins of the penis.
The mechanism of its development is the same as in the case with varicose veins of the lower limbs – veins and blood vessels deformed and are stretched, which can lead to unpleasant consequences.
Causes and risk factors
The main reasons for the development of the pathology include:
- injuries in the groin area and the organ itself, especially its head;
- the presence of tumors in the groin, varicocele, thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities, and other diseases that are able to disrupt the blood circulation and condition of blood vessels and veins;
- frequent delay of urination, which lead to long-term compression, a provider of a negative impact on the veins in the penis;
- genetic predisposition (in some men the veins in the penis have weak partitions, which can lead to the formation of the seal, the expansion of blood vessels and tissue damage);
- surgical procedures that have been made in the area of the penis, the scrotum and testes – enlargement of the veins can be a complication of these operations;
- a promiscuous sexual connection, leading to inflammation and infectious diseases;
- overreliance on self-pleasure: if this exercise is included in the habit, it can lead to stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs;
- the use of non-conventional sexual techniques, suggest to delay ejaculation.
At the first stages of the disease men usually do not feel any symptoms on the penis member appear small bumps and slightly protruding veins, which many patients consider to be the tendon.
With the development of the disease tumors becomes more and the body begins to gradually deform. Subsequently, it is possible to bleeding and the formation of hardened land under the skin, which is usually localized in the head region.
Dangers and complications
A special danger for the health of the patient, and even on his sex life varicose veins of the penis no, but the very fact that its development should draw the attention of men. It says about the violation of blood circulation in the body and especially in the groin, which can lead to varicocele and even infertility.
In addition, changes to the appearance of the penis may lead to serious psychological problems among representatives of the stronger sex.
The first symptom of the disease is the disruption of the aesthetics of authority, characterized by the emergence of nodules and tumors, the number of which with time increases.
The rest represented a varicose vein on the penis include:
- feelings of pain, discomfort and tingling in the penis member, first erect, and then in other situations (for example, during physical exertion);
- burning and the friction of the skin during sexual act due to dryness of the vagina of women;
- strong swelling of the veins on the penis: during erection are becoming a solid, well-rounded, protrude from under the skin, and in your mind resemble a thick tendon;
- swelling of the affected area;
- changes the color of the skin sheets of the penis with a pinkish to purplish-red, as well as the color itself of the veins: they acquire cyanotic hue;
- spot bleeding and small blood clots, which are well palpation under the skin.
When it is necessary to go to the doctors?
Venereal disease, and any pathology associated with the erectile function, constitute a serious psychological trauma for men, and many of them are trying to solve the problem themselves or they may not be giving her attention.
It can become a serious mistake, so at each change of the veins of the penis and discomfort in this area the patient should immediately seek medical help-phlebologist. In addition, in this case, you may need to consult a urologist, a dermatologist and surgeon.
Diagnosis of enlargement of the veins in the penis poses no special problems for experts. Diagnosis performs the following algorithm:
- the collection of medical history and listening to the complaints of the patient;
- visual inspection of the problematic zones (sometimes for the sake of completeness in men artificially induce an erection);
- ULTRASOUND examination, which allows to assess the blood flow in the affected places;
- phlebography with the introduction of the contrast is carried out in cases where there is a risk that varicose veins touched home vienna.
If there is a suspicion that the pathology is a consequence of infectious disease or of inflammation, the patient requires adequate warehouse: examination of blood, urine, semen and so on
The differential diagnosis of diseases of the spending exceptions Peyronie's disease that have similar symptoms.
Specific methods of treatment of this pathology, there is, in addition, the drugs that are used for the treatment of varicose veins and thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities, in this case is not appropriate.
In the early stages of the disease from him you can get rid of using folk remedies (for example, gels and ointments, prepared on herbal basis). Burst veins are usually treated with heparin ointment, but if the procedure does not give effect within 3 days, it is better to seek the help of an expert, who performs the puncture and removes the excess blood.
In cases where the disease progresses, the patient is prescribed conservative treatment, which means abstinence from sexual intercourse and intake of drugs , especially nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents and local anticoagulants. For the reduction of pain syndrome, perhaps the use of non-narcotic analgesics.
Sometimes to treat the disease is used hirudotherapy, then treatment is leeches, but this way is questionable and it belongs to alternative methods.
In the presence of appropriate indications (frequent relapses, or the ineffectiveness of conservative treatment) patients can be performed the operation under the name of phlebectomy, which involves excision and by ligation of the affected varicose veins veins.
This refers to the easy surgically interventions and performs a genital surgeon. The recovery period lasts about two weeks – after this period, a man can return to a full-fledged sexual life.
Prevention of varicose veins of the penis, as well as other similar diseases, it is administered regularly (but not too), the sex life with verified partners – a normal sex refers to the factors of the risk of varicose veins, but on the contrary, strengthens blood vessels and improves blood circulation.
When entering into contact with foreign women you need to use birth control and means of personal protection. To non-traditional sexual methods should be treated with great caution – especially to those that result from the use of gels-anesthetics for prolongation of sexual intercourse.
To prevent the varicose veins of the penis, men are advised to wear a correctly chosen lingerie, you do not take too hot baths, no sitting cross-legged and engage in light sports.
In addition, the disease says about the violation of the blood flow, which can lead to severe pathologies, so the patient must consult a doctor and undergo the necessary research.