Varicose veins are manifested as a permanent expansion and extension of the veins of the lower extremities, which leads to the thinning of the vascular wall and the formation of knots. The development of the disease also supports the weakness of the inflammation of the valves, which is a congenital pathology.
Similar problems are faced every tenth man and every third woman. According to statistical studies, the diseases most common among groups of the population in the age range from 30 to 40 years.
General information about the disease
Be issued on the following assumptions:
- Heredity — the risk of developing the disease is higher in people whose relatives are struggling with varicose enlargement;
- Pregnancy, as well as the use of hormonal drugs may become a sufficient condition for the progression of varicose veins;
- Regularly repeated exceeding of the normal venous pressure, which is linked with a sedentary way of life, the static load in an upright position and obesity.
On occasions for concern include swelling of the legs at the end of the day, a feeling of heaviness fullness in the calves after prolonged sitting or standing. If because of this varicose veins, these symptoms usually soften or disappear on walking time or through sleep.
More unpleasant manifestations become arching pain in the legs, sensation of heat in the legs and cramps in calf muscles at night. In addition, they will be visible reddish-blue vascular cross and subcutaneous veins. Emit from this, usually using drugs from varicose veins veins on the legs.
Therapy for compression
For the treatment of varicose veins today actively take advantage of the compression jerseys. The practice of using such goes back almost a hundred years of history, and even in our days compression underwear does not lose its relevance.
Before moving on to the production of the linen for better technology, used elastic bandages, which have a number of drawbacks:
- Right is save it requires skill, the acquisition of which is necessary to the time;
- Violation of the temperature and water skin balance in the warm season and in the longer-term to wear;
- It is difficult to achieve the desired compression during fixation on the side due to the individuality of its forms in different patients.
Let's see what kind of compression underwear for varicose veins is better to choose — stockings, tights, leggings, or something else, how to properly wear and it helps.
The principle positive impact
The therapeutic effect is due to the fact that during the squeezing of extended venous channels of compression underwear increases the speed of blood flow in deep vessels. This is to eliminate the stagnation of blood.
In addition, when creating modern products respects the anatomical features of the limbs: the pressure of the knitted fabric is reduced, since the end of the hands or feet that the best way normalizes the movement of venous blood.
If we consider this process, read more, what is worth pointing out these positive moments, such as:
- Stabilization of work of the valve apparatus;
- Bringing back to normal the enlarged lumen of the subcutaneous femoral and the peripheral veins;
- Increase the influence of muscular exertion on popping the blood up.
However, it is necessary to remember that lingerie (stockings, tights and so on) in the case of varicose veins is not omnipotent and can not remove the causes of venous insufficiency. This applies up to the stage when it can help only surgical intervention.
Among other things, the traditional treatment without surgery varicose veins on the legs must be comprehensive. Maximize the effect of it is possible, if you follow the instructions of the attending physician and to take recommended creams and ointments, and also give up the provocative anchor of the disease.
In rare treatment there is contraindications and medical knitwear is no exception. Anyone forbidden of such therapy, another is the need to wear compression underwear carefully, the instructions to the expert:
- Under any circumstances you can not wear such clothes in aortoarteritis, atherosclerosis, endoarteritis and thromboangiitis (obliterating). These chronic diseases lead to a narrowing of the lumen of the vessels and a drop in systolic pressure up to a level unacceptable for wearing this knitted fabric;
- Compliance with proper care it is necessary to apply the therapeutic underwear for people with very sensitive skin;
- No need to use underwear in skin disorders of inflammatory nature, and allergic reactions of the skin, dermatitis, bed sores and so on;
- Diabetics also should not use compression underwear due to vascular legs;
- In disorders of the circulation, caused by septic phlebitis, and cardiopulmonary insufficiency, again, it is worth it to abstain from compression products.
There is an opinion that this type of knitwear is becoming the culprit of the atrophy of the muscular layer of the walls of veins, which leads to the inability of the blood vessels impede the blood pressure without the help of the weight loss underwear. People who have this opinion, came to her in the validity of the abnormal interpretation of the sensations that arise when carrying the laundry.
To dispel the doubt, just to get acquainted with the following facts:
- Underwear is not designed for all-day wear;
- In experiencing the compression of the veins flow of blood does not stop, but only decreases;
- Atrophy of the muscular layer develops due to genetic predisposition, as well as a local inflammation in the venous stagnating in vienna. And that these processes, on the contrary, aligned using the service;
- The initial deterioration of well-being is atrophy and the development of varicose veins, and non-permanent reduction in tone the walls of veins.
- On the strength of the pressure of the jewelry are divided into categories:
- Compression no more than 23 mm. rt. articles are Recommended to identify the main symptoms of varicose veins;
- Compression of ~ 33 mm. rt. articles Apply for thrombophlebitis and varicose of moderate severity;
- Compression is close to the 45 units, equivalent to venous insufficiency;
- Compression of more than 50 units of the best helps to eliminate edema and normalization of the outflow of the lymphatic circulation.
Kinds of clothes and the determination of optimal sizes (in centimeters):
- Knee socks — for comfort wearing with pants, ideal for men. Measurement: measure circumference of calf at the widest part, below the knee, and also the distance from the foot to the knee bend;
- Stockings orthopedic (compression) — the convenient solution from varicose veins for pregnant women and those whose issue zone is above the knees. Measurements: in addition to the expansion of space, used in the case that the high-sloth, it is necessary to determine the thigh circumference is 25 cm from the knee. Also measure the distance from this level to the feet;
- Tights — simply removable, but when placed on the need to make the effort; it must end exactly on the waist and tight bow legs. Measurement: repeat of the above, it is necessary to measure the circumference of the hips and the waist;
- Sleeves — important in the suppurating processes of the soft tissues and dermatitis of the hands;
- Leggings — durable stockings and tights (stripped of the part that covers the toes, which wears out quickly). They are intended for those who is a problematic zone is not as extensive.
- Elastic bandage the most affordable, but along with that is very uncomfortable in the circulation type of products.
Taking into account these recommendations, you will be able to avoid problems:
- The degree of compression of the products shall comply with the instructions of the doctor;
- The stitches do not need to issue, otherwise irritation can not be avoided;
- Think of products that meet the standards of the RAL-GZ 387, and made only with certified companies;
- The laundry should be a brand about the fact that the material does not contain allergens;
- The degree of compression is calculated not on the day, and in mm. rt. a century of Wrong indication of value — a sign of forgery.
Now you know how to apply pick up compression underwear for varicose veins, use the information correctly!
How to put
It is necessary to follow some rules:
- Any kind of jewelry worn immediately after sleep, they may not get up from the bed;
- It should gently and slowly;
- Pre-assembly at the top of the washboard, it is necessary to insert into the palm of in a "sock" and carefully stringing it on the way down;
- Gradually spread the product, it is necessary to wear it completely;
- Tights pull on my back, picked up the pan, when approaching to the belt.
Also there are special devices that help those who have difficulties in putting on underwear from varicose veins.
Medical knit, is not able alone to any manifestations of the varicose veins: requires complex therapy. Gives attention to all aspects of the treatment, you can achieve the desired result.