Varicose veins, symptoms of which are detectable for each fourth inhabitant of the planet - it's not just a cosmetic defect, manifested in the form of blue tree grid on the legs, thighs or tyle feet, heaviness in the legs, pain during static exertion or prolonged walking, convulsive twitching in the muscles of the lower limbs, but also a high risk of thrombosis in the system of the inferior vena cava.
Thrombotic complications lead to trophic ulcers on the legs, spicy disorders of the blood flow with blue limbs and the risk of their death. Looking up from the artery walls, blood clots from the legs often begins a journey that ends in the heart (leading to heart attack) or the arteries in the brain (caused strokes). This circumstance, and not at all spoiled the view of the once attractive feet requires the utmost timely attention to treat (and prevent) varicose veins.
As the disease, which appears, not static, but develops gradually, that grabs all of the new segments, exterior or interior of the venous network of the foot, then analysis of the treatment is to start with descriptions of the prevention. This is the reason, appropriate preventive action at least a few of delay the process, developed on the background of inherited insolvency valve apparatus veins of the lower extremities.
Prevention of varicose veins
The veins of the lower extremities have very weak walls, virtually no muscle elements, which could push the blood with the help of reduction. Therefore, in the veins have special valves that prevent the reverse flow of blood and its stagnation in the veins. Some people these valves inherently unsustainable, or become such with age:
- during heavy physical exertion
- the action intra-abdominal pressure
- common pregnancy.
First, the process affecting the outside of vienna. And then caught off guard by the collector of the veins and the deep venous network. Large varicose veins of the limbs develops over the course of several (sometimes tens of) years, and its speed varies depending on the way of life, the intensity of the physical activity and strength of the walls of blood vessels.
- So the first task is prevention – minimize the increase in intra-abdominal pressure (to fight with constipation, avoid excessive congestion).
- The second task – to create conditions for the passive outflow of venous blood from the lower extremities. It necessarily the end of the day, or multiple times per day. For this purpose, the legs are stacked from the foot to the thigh on the surface at an angle of 45 degrees to the horizontal. Lie in this position it is necessary not less than half an hour. Persons, for which the varicose veins on the legs is a physical fact, it is recommended to sleep with the raised foot maximum often.
- It is recommended for varicose veins is to use sturdy shoes, socks with tight elastic – that is, not to create additional obstacles for the circulation of blood in the legs.
- As well should sit leg to leg, and in the long sitting position, put his feet on a foothold and attach them to a horizontal (or slightly higher) position. This attitude is sometimes possible to see on gangster films about the steep mafia, who sits in the chair, fill the legs on the table.
- Of course, in the office, if You are a business owner, you will have to come up with something that either less of the problem. You can, for example, put it under the desk a cardboard box and put legs on it, or use it for the same purpose high plastic basket on paper with a straight upper cover. All the questions about the unusual way sitting behind a desk, they should answer honestly, to avoid ridicule and is not marked as a weirdo. It must be remembered that none of the employees will not have active participation in the treatment. Therefore, it is necessary to perceive the opinions of others and do not neglect the prevention of disease.
- If you are at home, try to on the options to adopt a horizontal position and have with the help of several pillows, legs over your head. It is necessary for it, that would improve conditions for venous outflow.
Program non-surgical treatment is included diet, compression and drug therapy.
Diet activities are mandatory, because the extra weight – it is one of the risk factors for developing varicose veins. Food should be to compensate for the (consumption of energy should not exceed energy needs, linked with the character of the load or lack thereof). In addition, from the menu need to exclude the sharp spices, pepper, marinade, excess salt, smoked, limit drinking roasted. Alcohol is also not recommended to consume.
In the menu should be a sufficient amount of vegetables and fruits, rich in vitamin C. meals rich in fiber, bread of coarse grinding, seafood. Shows frequent (at least 4 times a day) fractional food. As far as fashion only a few years ago, the trend limit in all animal fats, it is worth to forget. Of course, the shocking numbers of triglycerides and cholesterol – it is not a solution. But in a reasonable amount of cholesterol helps to fix the vascular wall, reduces the risk of secondary thrombotic complications and sudden burst a vein.
Refusal Of Smoking
Smoking - the most harmful habit in the varicose veins. If you choose between the use of moderate amounts of alcohol and smoking, and the first is still possible with sin in half tolerate. And here's the second – I have to categorically exclude. Not only the resin clog blood vessels, increasing the risk of thrombosis and secondary complications (heart attack, stroke, thromboembolism of the pulmonary artery). In particular, it is worth it to be careful with who has varicose veins (or prone to it), taking hormonal medication, and still manages to smoke.
Compression garments (stockings, leggings, tights)
It is quite a good option to prevention and treatment of early stages of varicose veins, because they have different settings of pressure on the soft tissue, the options, models and color solutions. Wear underwear is a must in the morning, not getting up from the bed, whereas the venous system is still not overflowing with blood. For this method there is one but – the outrageous price tags on the territory of the RUSSIAN federation, restricting the purchase of knitted fabric against the varicose veins of the broad folk masses. As usual, enjoy the underwear are starting to not you, who else can help at the stage from the disease and those with severe forms of varicose veins, often complicated some of the processes that is already operative treatment and compression stockings as a secondary prevention.
Varicose veins: treatment by medication
Drugs – is not a panacea. To completely stop or cure the varicose veins are not able to.
Ointments and gels
These resources manage to protect the walls of the veins, stimulates the venous outflow and several improve microcirculation. These funds for the army to reduce the severity of pain and swelling in the premise of course of income. Displayed courses twice a year at a length of not less than 2 months.
The most useless (but safe) can be read ointments or gels. They do not have to penetrate beyond the skin sheets and how much something is worth action on the blood vessels cannot have. Their recommended in the early stages of the disease, when it is not known why, in fact, may go through swelling and heaviness in the legs: from the drugs, or simple postural drainage and the end of the physical burden.
Such therapy involves the introduction of drugs or elastic bandaging. Its simplicity, preservation of the aesthetic kind of limbs, the lack of effects on the overall health condition of the patient, are attracted to this method, both doctors and patients.
But isolated sclerotherapy does not yield permanent results, and will not be able to stop the progression of the disease. In most cases it is still necessary to combine with functional treatment. Before the therapy, without exception, should be carried out ultrasound examination of the lower extremities, preventing extensive lesions subcutaneous and deep veins of the lower extremities.
Contraindications to this method are: allergy to medication, atherosclerosis of the vertebral arteries with the presence of ischemia, diabetic angiopathy, obliterating endarteritis, the destruction of the coagulation of the blood system, acute or recent thrombophlebitis of the legs, pregnancy.
- Before surgery - hardening of the veins can be used before surgery to reduce the risk of bleeding and thrombosis in the postoperative period
- during the operation, which will replace the removal of a vein
- after the operation for the closure of the remaining veins.
If it is applied is not in operation, is performed in a specialized surgical practice, with observance of all rules of asepsis. First close the larger veins, then smaller ones. While drugs are usually injected from the top down. Vienna the break of the standing of the patient prior to administration of the drug his set. If the field of interest falls long like a blood vessel or blood vessels in the whole perimeter of the foot, then performed a few sessions of therapy. After the sclerosing treatment of the patient should be observed in phlebologist for a period of three years from the last injection.
- After the introduction of the drug spend elastic bandaging of the limbs, which are repeated in the course of 2 weeks. In the first week the bandage is off.
- Within half an hour after the procedure the patient should walk.
- Daily patient, to sleep with the raised foot end, but in the course of the day to avoid prolonged sitting or standing and a lot of walking.
Varicose veins: surgery
The decision on whether the surgery takes doctor or a vascular surgeon.
Often women with the defeat of the superficial veins and did not dare to operative intervention only due to cosmetic defects, offer to postpone the operation, if it is planned to subsequent procreation (as in pregnancy varicose veins are usually progresses, and the result achieved could disappear and require repeated surgical treatment).
The most common variant is the operational solution to the problem of varicose veins of the lower limbs is a combined phlebectomy. The operation is performed under general anesthesia or with the use of epidural anesthesia. All the cuts and punctures are trying to do as much as possible smaller sizes. For example, to remove a large subcutaneous vein is performed incision in the groin. Through it into the vein introduced by the probe with the tip. Then the probe were selected and removed to vienna from the middle part of the lower limbs up to groin area. Through the small pipe is removed channels, and small vienna. After the operation is used compression (bandage or stocking on the legs).
This assumes the removal of the subcutaneous veins at the expense of the impact on them current. The method is more dangerous than radio-frequency smoothing or traditional surgery.
Cryosurgery enables you to erase the veins due to the low temperatures. While the hardware method safe. It is not always possible to rely on the depth of the frost, without damaging the surrounding tissue or leaving "surpluses".
Home treatment of varicose veins
Varices can be treated at home, although systemic drugs (doctor's prescription), even though the ointments and gels, even leeches (treatment of varicose veins with leeches) and cabbage leaf, vinegar apple cider. Also for the domestic part of the programme will suit compression garments and elastic bandaging (selected and recommended by the doctor). For more advanced stages of the disease, all these efforts will be futile without a radical surgical treatment.
So, on today a central theme way to get rid of varicose veins can be recognised only surgical methods, often combined with treatment or compression techniques.