Varicose veins – a common disease, which, according to doctors, affects about 30% of people. Often sick women: for them, the disease often manifests itself during pregnancy and after childbirth. The reason – increasing the load on the feet, but also in the hormonal changes.
Varicose veins lead to serious complications, of which the patient may die. Therefore, the delay in his treatment is not worth it. In addition, how to get rid of the disease and fully restore the health of the veins is difficult.
What are varicose veins and its types
Varicose veins – a disease in which disrupted blood flow, increases the lumen of blood vessels. Veins have valves that prevent the reverse flow of blood. In varicose veins, their work is impaired.
The valves are stretched, partially combined, because of which the part of the blood stagnating in them. Increases the pressure on the blood vessels, their walls are stretched. In place of stagnation formed the focus of inflammation.
The blood circulates is not in a proper manner, and in a chaotic manner, the walls of the blood vessels are stretched, they are thin. Blood through them it seems and gets into the tissue, which accounts for the bleeding, which can then become inflamed. Inflammation arises and in the vienna.
Over time arise venous nodes, which can form blood clots – blood clots.
The thrombus can be dangerous, because:
- It may close the lumen of blood vessels, blocking the flow of blood to the limb or body, which causes his death.
- Get with the flow of blood to the heart, clog the vascular lumen, causing cardiac arrest and virtually immediate death of the patient.
- The intervention of a clot a blood vessel in the brain is fraught with serious disorders – from partial paralysis of the unconscious.
There are several options for localization of the disease:
- Enlargement of the veins on the legs (most common form).
- Varicose veins of the rectum or hemorrhoids – the second according to the frequency of dissemination form).
- In the area of the esophagus.
- In the area of small pelvis.
- The expansion of the veins of seed cord.
In the early stages to detect disease is not easy: it is manifested by fatigue, swelling of the feet, which usually do not attach importance to. Even in the formation of the vascular network, the appearance of bulging veins are many to rush to the appointment with the doctor.
The cheerleaders would have the following symptoms:
- Swelling of the legs, especially toward evening.
- Cramps in the muscles of the limbs.
- Heaviness, feeling of fullness.
- Pain, itching in the area of the inflamed vein.
- Visible vascular pattern, protruding veins.
- Bruising and bruises that are not associated with the trauma.
- Bulging vein nodes (to appear in the later stages of the disease).
- Black leg in the area of the calf also points to the running phase of the varicose veins.
- An increase in temperature.
In the early stages, when the vein the grid is only slightly appears through the skin, can fully defeat the disease and prevent complications. The longer a person ignores the disease, the harder it will be to treatment and more dangerous – complications.
To what doctors to go to?
Cures varicose veins doctors phlebologists – specialists in diseases of the blood vessels. Exactly to this specialist need to arrange for a consultation at the first signs of the disease. Doctors also sometimes used to treat varicose veins, especially the running phase, when you need rapid intervention.
During a survey have to hand over the general analysis of blood, but also several specialized. The doctor should know the degree of blood coagulation, assess the risk of developing blood clots.
A comprehensive analysis will help to more accurately reveal the cause (the viscous blood, a large amount of cholesterol, hormonal imbalance) diseases. It is also necessary ULTRASOUND examination of blood vessels.
Further investigations will allow to create more efficient tactics of treatment, to determine whether there is enough conservative, or surgery is needed.
Methods of treatment of varicose veins
The patient must remember that varicose veins on those stages, when it becomes invisible, gains the chronic form, and fight with varicose veins have long. Many who are faced with this diagnosis, interested in the question: is it possible to cure forever this disease? At an early stage – yes.
When running form can significantly improve the condition, avoid complications and prevent deterioration. But to fully restore the health and elasticity of blood vessels is impossible.
To prevent from the deterioration of well-being, the complications and the further development of the disease, it is necessary:
- Change your lifestyle – move more, avoid prolonged stay in one position;
- To normalize the meal – to give up a large amount of fat and sugar in favor of the plant fiber and easy protein;
- Carry out therapeutic physical training aimed at the improvement of blood circulation;
- Use the compression underwear;
- To get rid of excess weight, if any. The more excess pounds, the greater is the load on the weak blood vessels;
- Wear comfortable shoes, avoid high heels and models on a flat sole;
- During a vacation, lift your legs up to at least 20 degrees – it will improve the outflow of blood and prevent stagnation;
- Not take a hot bath and try to make entry to the sauna – it supports further expansion of the blood vessels. It is better to use a contrast shower for the legs, and especially in the evening, when troubled with fatigue;
- Stick to the recommendations of the attending physician.
If there are cardiovascular disorders, blood pressure problems – it is necessary to treat simultaneously with the deliverance from varicose veins.
How to get rid of varicose veins without surgery?
Conservative treatment gives the effect, if the patient in a timely manner asked for help. Usually, the doctor is not limited to one drug and prescribe a comprehensive treatment.
The first thing prescribed by a doctor, ointment for external use. Is applied several times a day light movements (strongly push or rub the ointment vigorously cannot – there is a risk of damage and without that the fragile blood vessels). Local resources penetrate through skin, consequently faster to solve the hematoma disappears inflammation, improves the tone of blood vessels.
A new word in the treatment of varicose veins – the use of ointments and gels based on heparin (a substance that thins the blood) and extract of horse chestnut (tones blood vessels).
The use of the ointment enough for the first stages. The later is necessary to use other preparations.
His goal – to eliminate inflammation, improve the condition of the blood, to prevent the formation of blood clots.
For it is used several groups of drugs:
- The Anti-inflammatory. They remove the swelling, reduce inflammation, improve the general condition. However, these drugs have many side effects, therefore, are applied under the close supervision of a doctor.
- A means to dilute the blood. There is one "but": these medicines with caution should be used the patient with ulcer. If you have a history of diseases of the digestive system – in advance draw the attention of the attending physician, to prevent worsening.
- Phlebotonics usually produced in the form of tablets which are taken twice a day with equal gaps. Allow you to improve the tone of blood vessels to be more robust and flexible.
Most of the drugs for the treatment of varicose veins have side effects, have a number of contraindications. Alert your physician, who will prescribe treatment, all available diseases, to be able to pick up the maximum safe product.
It is used as an accessory tool to combat the varicose extension. Hot water causes expansion of the blood vessels, cold – narrows. Several serial contraction and expansion of blood vessels will replace good training.
Not necessarily pour water across the body – enough to affect the place, expressing varicose veins. The temperature difference should be about 30 degrees (10 for cold, 40 hot, or 15 and 45 in this order).
With varicose veins to wear need. It has a uniform expresso action, which causes the walls of the blood vessels to shrink, does not allow the spread of blood outside the blood vessels. Lingerie (stockings, tights), is not completely removed venous extension.
This method allows to dispense with major surgery in that case, if it is damaged vessels cannot be recovered. The procedure lasts no longer than 20 minutes, the patient does not need further hospitalization.
In the course of sclerotherapy to the damaged veins injected sclerosing substance. It causes a sticking together of the walls of the container. Blood flow in this vienna completely stops, the time of rebirth in the fibrous fabric. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia, and has virtually no contraindications.
This method is similar to sclerotherapy, but carried out without a puncture. Medical device acts on the blood vessel with a laser beam. Laser radiation is absorbed to a large extent, absorbed mainly by hemoglobin, causes heating of the vein from the inside.
As a result, the wall of the vein together, gradually the blood flow in it ceases to exist. Furthermore, the process is the same as for sclerotherapy: blood circulation is carried out according to the other containers, and the damaged vein is gradually resolved, turning into the connective tissue.
It is used in that case, if it is stopping the course of the disease medicines cannot be. Surgery is necessary if the skin at the site of the lesion arose sores or completely disrupted the flow of blood, in the area of inflammation of the nodes is a cluster of blood clots.
Traffic – a good way to heal from the available varicose veins, remove overload the speakers by inflammation of the nodes. But it still does not guarantee that the disease does not arise for the other vienna.
At the same time with surgical interventions it is necessary to reveal and eliminate a key cause of the disease.
How to treat varicose veins at home: folk methods
Essentially boil down to local treatment. It is a means for grinding, ointments, compresses and wraps based on natural ingredients. Their main advantage is the minimal risk of side effects. And the main minus is in the fact that so treat varicose veins in the early stages. At the end, when he is shown a surgical procedure, the tiling and the means for grinding will be enough.
Apple cider vinegar in the treatment of varicose veins
The first way – is to use apple cider vinegar. Improves the tone of blood vessels, is a source of vitamin and trace elements, reduces inflammation, removes excess moisture. It is used for grinding the affected area, and also for wraps. For this is used pure vinegar for compress better diluted with water in a ratio of 1:1, to avoid burns.
Tiles from the tomatoes
Another homemade way to remove the vein nodes and dilated veins: mash of the ripe or green fresh tomatoes to put on the cotton cloth and make a compress. Change it every two hours, all day. The course of treatment – 2 weeks. This method will suit those who may not go to work every day. Helps to reduce the manifestations of the disease already in the middle of the first week of treatment.
Honey for the treatment of varicose veins
Honey wraps take up less time and is not so time-consuming. Use any natural honey. Its spread on a cloth or elastic bandage, impose on the affected area for 2 hours. The next day, while the action increases in 2 times. 4. day leave for the night. After 4 days they make a break for a month.
Potatoes, how to get rid of ulcers
Treat canker sores in the area of varicose veins is possible, putting it to them raw grated potatoes. Porridge put on the area of the sores, fix the bandage. Over 5 hours and the potatoes need to be changed. Duration of treatment – up to a full recovery.