The basic rules of nutrition in varicose veins are designed to increase the effectiveness of therapy. About what can and cannot be eaten in diseases of the veins we are today and we'll talk.
The aim of is a special nutrition
Pathology wearing of a chronic nature, and therefore requires a comprehensive approach. In addition to proper nutrition is necessary to meet all the requirements of the doctor on prevention. Wear compression underwear, slightly dosage of the physical load.
Diet is focused on:
- Strengthen the walls of blood vessels. A diet rich in vitamins and trace elements, helps to improve elasticity and reduce the permeability of the walls of blood vessels, has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Reduce the viscosity of blood. For thinning the blood and prevention of blood clots is recommended to stay hydrated and prevent dehydration.
- Reduce the swelling of the tissues. Food helps to eliminate a problem with fluid retention in the body, which is the main cause of the swelling.
- Normalization of bowel function. Toxic substances that are stored in the body due to regular congestion, have a negative effect on the veins. As a result, increases the load on the walls of blood vessels and pressure in the lower extremities/pelvic organs.
- Fighting with being overweight. Pounds provoke an increase in pressure in the blood channels, that is one of the main provoking factors of varicose veins.
An active lifestyle and proper nutrition for a short time, restores the exhausted veins.
Follow a diet is necessary and after treatment of minimally invasive methods. Pathology in most cases returns again. Bad habits and bad eating habits are the best conditions for the recurrence.
Principles of diet
When compiling the menu the doctor takes into account:
- the age of the patient;
- a tendency to allergies.
The diet is based on consuming foods that contribute to normal blood circulation, accelerate lymph flow, prevent stagnant phenomena. The right balanced diet will prevent the occurrence of inflammation in the blood vessels.
What is useful
Useful for the health of the veins are considered to be:
- magnesium and so on
Table of useful vitamins and trace elements
|Useful substances||Can have the effect||Where they are contained|
|Vegetable fiber||Improves digestion, warns the constipation||Bran, cereals, vegetables, fruits|
|Vitamin C||Thins the blood, reduces inflammation of the veins, strengthens the walls of blood vessels||Cranberries, citrus fruits, kiwi, apples, currants, gooseberries, herbs|
|Vitamin E||Protects against damage to the muscle membrane||Oil of wheat germ, vegetable oils, nuts, eggs, leaf salad|
|Bioflavonoids||Stabilize cell membranes, involved in the synthesis of collagen, increases the elasticity of blood channels||Green tea, buckwheat, fruits, citrus fruits|
|Zinc||Normalizes blood viscosity, is involved in hematopoiesis||Egg yolk, pine nuts, beef liver and soybeans|
|Omega 3 fatty acids||Protects blood vessels from damage, helps in reducing cholesterol||Seafood, spinach, vegetable oils, liver, cod, fish|
|Silicon||Involved in the synthesis of elastin and collagen, helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels||Beans, buckwheat, rice, wheat, oats, soybeans, grapes|
|Copper||Prevents thinning and enlargement of veins, is involved in the synthesis of elastin||Seafood, sea kale|
What should glamorously be present in the diet
Positively affect blood programs:
- Meat — chicken, veal, rabbit. It is desirable that the meat was cooked for a few. It is also useful in varicose veins and beef liver. And here it is from the fatty pork is better to give up.
- Fish and seafood – shrimp, squid, mussels – a great alternative to meat.
- Vegetables. Cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, beets – these are the foods that should be the basis of the daily diet in the health problems veins.
- Cereals – brown long rice, buckwheat. They are able to provide the body with the necessary energy. They contain the vegetable fiber and trace elements.
- Seaweed. Contain minerals that positively influence the recovery of the blood vessels.
- Dried fruit. Dried apricots and prunes in large quantities contain many different trace minerals, including potassium and magnesium, which contribute to the liquefaction of the blood and strengthen the veins. They are an excellent substitute for sweets.
- Spices. Turmeric, ginger and thyme in its composition has components that will help to improve the properties of the blood.
- Seafood. Saturate the body with omega-3. With their help, the happening of resorption of cholesterol plaques, which beneficially affect the flow of blood.
- Nuts and legumes. In its composition contains vitamin E, digest protein of vegetable origin.
- Fruits and berries. Positively affect your breathing, because they are a source of vitamin C.
- Sprouted wheat. In addition, it helps cleanse the body, she contains amino acids, fatty acids and vitamins.
- Olive oil. Contains large amount of vitamin Ie. The oil would just add to salads.
That under the ban
They want to get rid of varicose veins should be avoided:
- Baked meat. It enriches the organism of cholesterol. The blood to become more viscous, inelastic inner veins hard to promote it to heart.
- Mayonnaise. When cooking it is better to use dairy sauces. They are more useful, and the dish will be even tastier.
- Box of juice. Practically do not contain any beneficial ingredients. Therefore it is better to cook it yourself. Too acidic juices it is better to dilute with water in a ratio of 1:3. So the body gets the necessary items, which do not cause harm to an empty stomach.
To dangerous include:
- spirits. Cause swelling, promote the formation of blood clots. Many interested in the question whether it is possible in the treatment of varicose veins drink low alcohol drinks and energy. Answer, no — they worsen the course of disease;
- strong coffee and tea. These drinks make the blood more viscous, which significantly increases the pressure;
- the smoked products. Contribute to the development of inflammatory processes;
- salt. Various salting, marinades cause swelling of the extremities;
- carbonated drinks. Contribute to the development of varicose veins in the legs;
- sweets. Their excessive consumption can lead to excess weight. This in turn leads to the development of serious diseases of the blood vessels.
Also need to get rid of semi-finished products, canned food, burgers, spices. Having in its composition do not contain natural ingredients.
Function drinking cure
Keep the blood well circulated, it is necessary to observe a drinking mode. To calculate the required amount of water, it is possible so: for every kilogram of weight in 40 ml of water.
In this way, a girl of 60 kg per day is necessary to drink at least 2.4 liters.
There is an opinion that in the treatment of varicose veins, you can drink water less than the specified standards, as contained in soups, juices, tea. This is a misconception. In these products are available substances, which, in turn, prevents the liquefaction of the blood.
Very strongly dehydrate the body, strong tea and coffee making facilities. Therefore, it is better to drink fruit compotes, fruit drinks, herbal teas and fresh juice.
The optimal caloric
Norm of calories in a diet of 30 kcal per kilogram of body weight. So, a woman weighing 60 kg should be consumed within 1800 kcal.
If there is a need for weight reduction is that the standard will be 1200 kcal for women and 1500 for men.
All the diet in varicose veins are focused on reducing weight, because many people know that this disease most frequently occurs in a full of people. Therefore, when drawing up the menu should exclude all components, which promote the formation of edema on the lower extremities.
A large part of the diet should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits. Cook food should be steamed, stew, or cook.
Remove puffiness help products, containing in its composition of dietary fiber and protein. It berries, dairy products, cereals, cereal, bran.
Eating should be often and in small portions. Several times a week it is worth it to arrange the unloading of the day. In this period it is worth to limit consumption of food and give preference to water, juices, juice drinks and green tea.
Sample menu power supply with varicose veins
Around the menu it is possible to create in this way:
- Breakfast. Porridge on the water or milk. Supplement it can of crushed berries and forest fruits.
- The second breakfast. Salad and green tea.
- Lunch. Soup or boiled fish and salad with vegetables.
- Afternoon snack. Yogurt with fruit or berries.
- Dinner. Rice or buckwheat porridge with vegetables or fish.
- For the 3 hours before bedtime can drink a glass of milk, yogurt or jelly.
One of the suitable diets with varicose veins will be focused on the normalization of body weight. It includes:
|Breakfast||A small sandwich of bread and cheese, 150 g of fruit, and half a cup of juice.|
|Applesauce||Low-fat yogurt or green tea.|
|Lunch||Baked fish with a garnish of cereals or vegetables.|
|Snack||Fruit or vegetable salad, filled with olive oil.|
|Dinner||Tomato soup with black bread or dishes made from cottage cheese and eggs.|
Remember that food should be agreed with your attending physician. It will tell you which products will suit You.