Varicose reticular veins occurs in many adults. How the disease manifests itself, and whether there are profitable ways of therapeutic effects on diseased blood vessels?
What is it?
Reticular (from the Latin reticulum — ok) or varicose veins in the form of grid – it is not a separate type of pathology, and the reticular form of varicose disease, her initial stage. For it is typical to the expansion of small intradermal superficial blood vessels and formation of telangiectasia.
Telangiectasia – this is visible under the skin of the plexus enlarged to 0.5-1 mm of arterioles, veins and capillaries that manifest in the form of cyanotic-red spots with the tillers, which resemble the shape of the eye, spiders plexus with an asterisk.
Diagnosed with the disease is more common in women. According to the results of medical research, mesh varicose veins appear in 35-45% of women and 15 to 20% of adult men.
The causes of
The main causes of developing the disease:
- reduction of the elasticity and density of the vascular wall;
- violation of the process of blood circulation;
- the activity of the inflammation of the valves.
Among the factors that cause changes in the blood vessels, are issued to:
- the period of bearing a child, and especially the 5-9 month of pregnancy, due to an increase in the volume of blood in the blood vessels, is a greater burden on the legs, squeezing the veins of the abdominal cavity of the growing uterus;
- hormonal "bursts" in the course of pregnancy and menopause;
- hereditary predisposition to a weakening of the inflammation of the walls due to the violation of the structure of connective tissue;
- being overweight – when increasing the bmi to 27 kg/m2, the probability of disease increases to 30%;
- work activity with a long stay in the standing, sitting, in the regular lifting and relocation of the weights (movers, athletes, heavyweights, vendors, stylists, travelers);
- wear corsets, belts that increase the pressure inside the peritoneum, narrow jeans, squeezing the blood vessels in the groin area;
- prolonged application of corticosteroids and hormonal birth control pills;
- diabetes mellitus, hypertension, dermatological diseases, including rosacea;
- injuries, fractures of the limbs;
- excessive and prolonged exposure to sunlight, smoking;
- low amount of fiber in the diet leads to a long jam, which supports the larger veins, the lack of useful substances to the weakening of the walls of the blood vessels.
Among the basic symptoms of the initial stage of reticular varicose veins:
- the formation of bluish-red telangiectasia — point, star, clean spots of various sizes and brightness, which often appear on the ankles, behind the knees, on the thighs, after the pressure they will disappear, but will manifest itself again;
- the weight, the tension of the calf muscles, rapid fatigue when walking.
Symptoms, which occur in the event that the disease develops:
- the spread of telangiectasia on the clean area of the skin, increasing the diameter of the capillaries;
- feeling of fullness in the legs, tingling, "pins and needles" (paresthesia);
- cramps in the muscles of the lower extremities during nighttime sleep or in the morning;
- drag pain;
- weak swelling of the feet, calves, ankles towards evening, which is in the morning disappears;
- itching of the skin above the villages the expansion of the reticular blood vessels;
- burning on the line of the affected vessel;
- tenderness when squeezing the calf muscles;
- the gradual bulging of the subcutaneous veins, education Bugrov about the size of 2-4 mm;
- the manifestation of brownish or whitish spots on the road dilated blood vessels, swelling, redness.
If time does not take action to determine the cause of the disease and its removal of the first symptoms, pathology, goes into a stage of strong expansion of the veins. In this case, under the skin form a vascular nodes, blood vessels become wound up, walking causes pain.
The progression of the disease threatens consequences, acute thrombophlebitis, treatment of trophic ulcers, the development of venous insufficiency, bleeding, thrombosis.
Definition of reticular varicose veins does not pose a complexity for specialists. To evaluate the incidence of abnormal process, the degree of impairment of the hemodynamics (blood circulation), distribution of velocity of blood flow, detect signs of thrombosis, use hardware detection methods:
- ultrasound examination;
- duplex procedure;
- Doppler ultrasound of the veins;
- radiological, radionuclide methods.
Treat yourself to a mesh varices is necessary immediately after diagnosis, not allowing the transition of the disease into the chronic phase, the occurrence of complications.
Most of the methods of treatment relieves the patient from the external symptoms of the disease. To cure pathology, it is necessary to perform an extensive examination doctor, to find a key cause of weakness of the blood vessels and disruption of blood flow.
The compressive knitted fabric
In the net of varicose veins or subcutaneous segments of patients and healthy people prone to disease, need to purchase compression stockings. Targeted therapy compression — an important part of the treatment.
Pressure knitted garments intended for creating in different places of the feet, the varying pressure.
The greatest pressure falls on the ankle, because from here the blood of the heavily lifting. Stocking supports and compresses the dilated blood vessels, helping into the bloodstream, which eliminates stagnation. In the area of the thigh compression reduces almost 2.5 times, because in this area is a burden on the blood vessels less.
The constant soft squeezing of the vein prevents extension, normalizes microcirculation, removes puffiness, prevents the blockage of the gaps thrombi.
Others bezoperatsionnye methods of therapy
Among the other most common conservative methods of treatment of net varicose veins micro-sclerotherapy and laser coagulation.
Micro-sclerotherapy – the most common method for the recovery of the reticular veins and the removal of telangiectasia. In the process of using a special substance, which cuts without needles are introduced inside the container. Substance causes micro damage to the inner walls of the vein or capillary. Injuries overgrown, narrowing the internal lumen. On the site of the former container is formed by a strand of connective tissue (according to the type of scar tissue), which is itself absorbed into 10-12 months.
Sclerotherapy practice in liquid technique, when the vessel with the injected liquid makeup, or in a more progressive technique — Foam-form sclerotherapy (foam). In the second version a valid solution is a micro-foam, which is better spread throughout the affected vessel.
Often spend the procedure is monitored by cctv, by controlling the process by using a two-sided scanner.
Laser coagulation of blood vessels – a gentle and effective method ensures the removal procedure quickly, bloodlessly, without affecting healthy tissue. The procedure is performed under ULTRASOUND control.
Through a puncture in the skin the physician introduces into the lumen of the diseased vein, a thin catheter with a laser fiber. Under the influence of high temperature from the laser beam, the walls of the affected blood vessels closed.
Regardless of the number of cardiovascular branch session sclerotherapy and laser coagulation takes 15-60 minutes. For a significant therapeutic result it is necessary from 2 to 5 sessions.
Treatments using sclerotherapy and the laser beam spends more outpatient, under local anesthesia. The patient can leave the clinic after 2-4 hours. After the procedure on crafted plot placed a compression bandage on the 4-10 days. Compression stockings are from 7 to 30 days. On the 2-4 day the patient returns to normal rhythm of life.
After the treatment is recommended 3-4 months:
- drink up to 2-3 liters of fluid a day to keep the flowing properties of the blood;
- take all the medication, the designated doctor;
- do not neglect the compression of the Jersey while a longer walk, stay on the workplace in the position of standing or sitting;
- many walk;
- give up high heels.
Other methods of treatment of reticular varicose veins include the 3 ways of therapy.
- Radiofrequency obliteration of blood vessels (a technique EVRF, RFO). The radio wave radiation generated by the medical device, recorded on the limbs of the catheter. Under the influence of radio waves, the walls of the vein together, the advanced vessel disappears, and the substance, is formed in its place, solved.
- Thermal occlusion of the micro pulses of the pairs (a technique JRC). A technique developed by French doctors. Provides for processing of the lumen of the varicose vessel of hot water, arriving through the catheter. The steam penetrates into the hard, anatomically complex vascular branches, narrowing and "hold together" the capillaries and žilkys.
- Treatment technique with biological glue (Venaseal) – a new highly effective and gentle method. The most commonly used in the treatment of reticular veins at the initial stage of the expansion. In the container under the control of ULTRASOUND with a syringe and the catheter applied with a special glue. Vienna is dramatically shrinking, the walls are glued together. Vascular subcutaneous grid disappears almost immediately. During the processing of the small blood vessels there is no need to wear a compression stocking after the procedure. Allergic reactions are excluded, because the special glue – natural product.
Phlebectomy – operations for varicose veins of the lower extremities. Her to spend, when the diameter of the narrower vessel reaches 10 mm.
Through a small incision the surgeon removes the surface of the container, which bandaging and cuts off. The operation takes place in local anesthesia. The intervention is carried out with minimal tissue damage, leaves no cosmetic defects.
Recipes home medicine in the treatment of reticular varicose veins used in addition to therapy. A good result of the financial resources they give in the common use of the medicines, pharmacy ointments, wearing of compression of the knitted fabric, and especially in the first stage of the telangiectasia.
- Unrefined ripe young fruits chestnuts (50 grams) finely chopped, pour a glass of vodka and leave for 20 days. After straining take 3 weeks three times daily 15-20 drops. After 2 weeks break, you can repeat.
- The cabbage leaves rinse and put in the cold for 24 hours. Before bedtime on dry skin in the affected area is placed on the leaves and are not a tight wrap. Treatment spend every day for 1-2 months.
- Dry the buds of birch trees fall asleep in a glass with a volume of 0.5 l to 1/3. Pour the vodka into the edges, insist 10 days. Tincture of finely ground plots telangiectasia.
To avoid the appearance of subcutaneous "stars", which is the need to follow the recommendations:
- do not wear weights, including grocery bags;
- no hot baths, visiting saunas;
- wear elastic stockings or stockings with a compression;
- at home more often, to keep your feet in a horizontal-raised position;
- when working in a seated position is to create the conditions, to the lower limbs are in a horizontal position, each 2-3 hours to do a 10-minute break for a special gymnastics for strengthening blood flow;
- move more, carry out hiking, no, it's not too much;
- do contrast baths or showers for the legs;
- use a medicinal ointment for the warning inflammation of the changes, take medication to strengthen the vascular tone on the recommendation of the phlebologist;
- swim in the pool with warm water;
It is necessary to adjust the diet, how to get rid of excess body weight, give up smoking.