Varicose veins are a dangerous and insidious disease which in its advanced stage is fraught with trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis, until limb amputation. With the appearance of the first signs of the disease, treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies can help - with the help of herbal decoctions, tinctures and ointments.
What are varicose veins in the legs?
Many older people are well aware of what varicose veins are, although the disease is increasingly seen in young people. We are talking about swelling of the veins under the skin, mainly on the legs, the veins swell and become cyanotic, protrude in the form of bumps. When the stage is advanced, cracks and pigment spots appear, venous "clusters" develop, which burst on impact.
It is necessary to use folk remedies for varicose veins of the lower extremities at the first characteristic symptoms:
- pain and fatigue in the legs;
- swelling of the feet;
- night cramps;
- prominent veins;
- bruises and red spots.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins with folk remedies?
So far, discussions have broken out between representatives of official and traditional medicine on whether folk remedies help with varicose veins. But most doctors tend to believe that in the early stages and in combination with drugs, decoctions and ointments give a good result. This disease manifests itself more often in people who spend their working day standing, so these funds are important for them as a preventive measure.
When choosing components, it is recommended to buy those that are easy to prepare and can be stored in the cold for a long time. Folk remedies for varicose veins help:
- eliminate swelling;
- improve the elasticity of the venous walls;
- reduce blood viscosity, speed up blood flow;
- normalize loose valves.
Folk remedies for varicose veins
There are many recipes for treating varicose veins with folk remedies on the legs. With a strong load on the limbs, it is recommended to pour cold water over it in the evening, take baths with broths, wipe sore spots with ice cubes. A contrast shower and a swim help strengthen the veins.
Long-standing folk remedies for varicose veins involve the use of herbs in:
- bells and whistles;
- oil rubbing; Trays
Herbs for varicose veins
The main component of such treatment is herbs, for varicose veins on the legs they are used both internally and externally, in combination with drugs and separately, but at the onset of the disease. During the disease, the vessels lose their elasticity, dilate, decoctions and tinctures help restore metabolic processes, strengthen the walls of capillaries.
Such treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies is recommended:
- Heat the burdock leaf in a water bath, apply lukewarm to the sore spot, fix the compress overnight. You can repeat it for several days.
- Dampen a bandage with celandine juice and apply into a swollen vein for 4 hours. The course is designed for one week.
- Prepare chamomile broth, insist for half an hour. Compress at night.
Essential oils for varicose veins
Doctors recommend that even when using herbs to observe the measurement, many herbs that offer folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs contain toxic substances, which overdose can be harmful. Compresses and decoctions are more effective if you do therapeutic exercises alternating with a contrast shower.
The proven experience in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies involves the use of essential oils, they remove pain and swelling, tone and strengthen blood vessels. They are added to baths, compresses and rubbing. Recommended to mix with base oils: almond, olive, avocado, cocoa, shea, coconut, almond.
The best essential oils for treating varicose veins:
Essential oil blend recipe
- essential oil of juniper - 10 drops;
- essential oil of peppermint - 10 drops;
- almond oil - 1 tbsp to the spoon.
- Melt the almond oil, let cool.
- Mix with the essentials.
- Rub sensitive spots in the evening.
Natural remedies for varicose veins
It is better to use natural folk remedies for varicose veins on the legs, the disease is well treated with a mixture of mummy, pollen and honey, the ratio is 1 to 5 and to 20. For asingle dose, the mummy is put 0, 3 g, the mixture is taken orally in the morning and evening, the course is designed for a month, then it takes a break of 10 days. Relieves pain and swelling, improves blood composition.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies
For many years, the treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies such as decoction of flax and apple cider vinegar has been popular. The latter contains more than 20 minerals useful for the blood vessels, helps to establish blood circulation, relieves swelling and strengthens the walls of the veins. It is recommended to take 1 tbsp. spoon for 1 tbsp. water on an empty stomach. Minus - you can not drink from people with high acidity.
A similar situation - with lemon recipes, its juice increases the elasticity of blood vessels, it is recommended to drink 1 tablespoon per day. spoon. A good effect is given by treatment with folk remedies at home with the help of nettle tincture, which is also credited with a rejuvenating effect, thins the blood, improves blood circulation.
Nettle alcohol tincture recipe
- dried nettle leaves - 6-7 tbsp. spoons;
- vodka - 0, 5 l.
- Pour the raw material with vodka, leave for 2-3 days.
- Drink 1 tsp. spoon three times a day before meals.
Infusions for varicose veins
It is not for nothing that folk recipes for varicose veins pay special attention to nettle, it helps to get rid of the high number of platelets, which is extremely important in this disease. Since ancient times, a nettle broom was considered the best medicine, the movement had to go from the feet to the hips. The blood flow is strongly activated, but not everyone can tolerate such treatment. Therefore, there is a greater demand for an aqueous infusion of this plant.
Nettle infusion recipe
- dried nettle leaves - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- water - 2 tbsp.
- Pour boiling water over the raw materials in a thermos.
- Insist 3-4 hours, drink one third of the volume three times a day.
Broths for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies from decoctions of flowers and fruits. The calculation is based on 30 g of raw materials per 1 liter of water, the mixture is boiled for half an hour, and then used for baths or lotions. There are recipes for drinking, but you need to take it for at least 3 months, the effect does not appear immediately. Herbal teas help eliminate inflammation and improve the condition of the veins.
Varicose vein decoctions recipes for baths:
- White willow bark.Pour 75 g of dry raw materials with 1 liter of water, cook for 30 minutes.
- Calendula flowers.Raise 4 tbsp. tablespoons of dried flowers in 0, 5 liters of water, boil for 25-30 minutes.
Homemade ointment for varicose veins
For a long time, recipes for medicinal mixtures for such a disease were passed on in families, and today many make ointment for varicose veins with their own hands, folk remedies are very affordable. It is based on vegetable oils, doctors recommend more olive oil, which contains useful arachidonic acid. Diluted with animal fat, wormwood, willow bark and celandine are added from herbs. You can take an oily baby cream as a base. Apply the mixture overnight, wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
But it is important to take into account that these ointments are good for mild disease, if the disease is triggered more effective ingredients are needed. Folk remedies for varicose veins recommend horse chestnut, in its fruits there are many glycosides, which improve capillary permeability, blood circulation and eliminate inflammation.
Horse chestnut ointment recipe
- dried chestnut fruits - 6 pcs. ;
- dried chestnut flowers - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Grind the fruits and flowers in a blender.
- Garnish with vegetable oil 1 to 10.
- Insist in the dark for 10 days.
- Boil for 40 minutes, cool.
- Lubricate sensitive points twice a day.
Effective traditional methods of treating varicose veins
Varicose veins are more and more frequent in the population. There are several reasons for this: from immobility to vascular weakness and heredity. Modern medicine offers many remedies for this disease. But many people prefer folk remedies for varicose veins. Their effectiveness will be discussed in the article.
Bandages, compresses and wraps
In fact, there are many folk recipes for varicose veins. People have long understood that true cures for many ailments are growing under our feet. And we have learned to use them correctly.
Among the alternative methods of treating varicose veins, there are several ways:
- tinctures for ingestion;
- herbal ointments; Applications
- , etc.
Treatment of varicose veins at home involves both the alternative use of these methods and the simultaneous use.
Grated raw potatoes
It's easy to make a compress from raw potato, but it should be cool. Potatoes should be peeled, washed, grated, then spread on gauze or a cloth (which should first be soaked in potato juice) and wrapped around the sore legs. This compress should be kept for about four hours.
Many people know the recipe for treating varicose veins with green tomatoes. There are many positive reviews on the internet, this tool really helps get rid of varicose veins at home.
You need to take green tomatoes, cut each one lengthwise. Apply half a tomato to the affected areas, hold until a burning sensation.
It is better to be treated in this way in the summer - winter tomatoes from the store will bring little benefit.
Then remove and place the other half. Repeat the procedure four times. After two weeks of using this remedy, the swelling, pain, veins become less noticeable.
At home, you can treat varicose veins with bee products (propolis, honey). Popular recipes recommend making honey compresses for varicose veins. A layer of honey should be applied to the tissue and then wrapped around the affected leg.
Keep the compress on the first day for two hours, the second - three, then - four. And then the compress should be left overnight. After 2 weeks of using this remedy, the symptoms of the disease disappear.
Rubbing and alcohol tinctures
In the treatment of varicose veins, rubbing and oral alcohol are also very effective.
This recipe for rubbing with honey and onions helps with varicose veins:
- Take half a glass of honey, it should be herbs.
- Grate two onions.
- Combine honey, onion and grated soap.
- Rub the affected areas of the legs with this mixture, wrap them in foil.
- Bandage on top.
On the first pass, remove the film after two hours, the second - after three, the next day - after four. Then you can leave it on overnight. The procedure should be performed within ten days to achieve the best possible effect.
There are also other effective ways to prevent and treat varicose veins.
Fresh Kalanchoe leaves
Only fresh Kalanchoe leaves are needed to prepare the tincture. There should be enough to fill a half-liter jar. Then you need to fill the raw materials with vodka to the top, cork tightly, put in a dark place.
After two weeks, filter and rub the painful veins of the legs with tincture. It must be done strictly every day, otherwise there will be no results. After a month, the stars will disappear.
The fragrant roots of this marsh plant also help get rid of varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you will need about 3 tablespoons of rosemary roots.
Pour in vodka or alcohol, refrigerate, protect from light for 2 weeks. Then filter, rub the sore legs with this tincture every day for a month. Better to do this before bed. After two weeks, the result of the treatment will be noticeable.
Unripe green walnuts are what you need for processing nuts. They are removed from the tree in late June-early July. Nuts should be peeled, ground in a coffee grinder or by hand.
Pour 100 grams into a bottle of vodka. Insist in a tightly closed container for ten days. Shake the container daily.
They strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, making them strong and flexible, preventing abnormal expansion or damage.The
stain can be used both internally and for scrubbing. You should drink twenty drops three times a day half an hour before meals. Drink ten days, then take a break for the same number of days, then repeat the course.
This remedy strengthens blood vessels well, helps reduce swelling and pain, relieves heaviness in the legs. He is able to remove spider veins and prevent the appearance of new ones. Rub this tincture of the legs once a day, preferably before going to bed for a month.
Infusions and decoctions
Treatment with folk remedies involves the use of various decoctions, herbal infusions. There are a large number of these recipes. There are many herbal remedies that can cure varicose veins.
What herbs help with this disease? First of all - the horse chestnut. In any reference book, there is the same information on the usefulness of this plant for varicose veins. It is able to strengthen the vascular wall, normalize blood circulation, relieve swelling, relieve pain and cramps.
This miraculous plant only grows in the mountains. There is no point looking for it in the middle lane.
It looks like a tree with beautiful pink flowers and round thorny fruits. They are used to prepare tinctures, decoctions, ointments, etc.
Contraindications for this beneficial plant:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- chronic kidney and liver disease;
- age of the children;
- hormonal imbalance.
In addition to horse chestnut, other medicinal plants for this disease are known:
- birch (bark and leaves);
- St. John's Wort;
- white acacia;
- plantain and others.
You can suggest other recipes to treat the disease.
Infusion of Antonov apples
Antonov apples are distinguished by their delicate and unique aroma and tangy taste. But not many people know that their infusion can help with this disease. To prepare it you will need 300 grams of Antonov apples.
You have to peel them, chop them, chop the apples. With the skin, chopped apples should be poured with a liter of water and put on low heat.
Once the water has boiled, continue on the heat for another 20 minutes. Then cool, take half a cup of infusion three times before eating. A contraindication to taking this recipe is increased acidity of the stomach and a tendency to hypertension.
Decoction of hops
This recipe will require 50 grams of hop cones. They should be poured with half a liter of boiling water, put on the fire. After boiling, keep for a few more minutes.
The completed infusion should be rubbed on the skin of the legs from the foot to the knee for 3 months, twice a day.
Then remove from heat, drain, cool. Drink a quarter of a glass twice a day after meals. You can not use this recipe for those who suffer from low blood pressure, gastritis, pancreatitis.
For the treatment of this disease, collections of several useful herbs are often used. But be sure to check the contraindications before using them.
Several fees to suggest:
- Take the herb of yarrow, raspberry root, plantain, chamomile, horse chestnut in equal proportions. Pour half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. After boiling, remove, let infuse overnight. Drink a third of a glass twice a day.
- Horse chestnut, oak bark, birch bark, horsetail, astragalus, immortelle, Iceland moss take in equal parts, mix, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain, cool. Drink a quarter of a glass 4 p. per day.
- Take nettle, yarrow, St. John's wort, marshmallow root in equal amounts, pour a liter of boiling water, insist. Filter, drink half a glass after meals four times a day.
These recipes should be used for a month, then take a break. After that you can repeat the course. However, you should pay attention to the manifestation of side effects when using these funds. A rash or diarrhea may appear. In this case, the consumption of herbs should be stopped.
Baths for varicose veins
Besides using various infusions and rubs, you can do foot baths. At the same time, decoctions of herbs, various essential oils are added. It is good to add baking soda or apple cider vinegar to the water.
The following herbal bath preparation may be recommended:
Take the herbs in equal quantities, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, filter. Pour into a bath (about 5 liters), immerse your feet in it. The water should not be very hot. Keep your feet up until the water cools completely. Then apply a medicated ointment.
It should be remembered that this disease can be cured only with folk remedies. Be sure to use the medications prescribed by the doctor. Traditional medicine should help only the main treatment. Its advantage lies in the minimum number of contraindications.
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies
One of the components of complex therapy for varicose veins of the lower extremities is the use of alternative medicine methods. There is a long list of traditional medicines that help reduce the symptoms of varicose veins quickly. They are also widely used for the prevention of pathology.
Folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs: the benefits and advantages
Varicose veins refer to vascular pathologies whose development can be fatal. Therefore, at the manifestation of the slightest signs of the disease, you should immediately consult a qualified doctor.
Often in medical practice, at the initial stage of the development of the disease, phlebologists, along with drug therapy, recommend the use of traditional medicine. The great popularity of these therapy methods can easily be explained by a number of advantages:
- They have a strong therapeutic effect.
- Easy to use.
- The minimum list of contraindications.
- A wide selection of products allows you to individually choose the most suitable recipe for each case.
- The availability of folk remedies.
- Naturality of the components.
- Have a pleasant aroma.
- Long-term preservation of medicinal properties.
- Possibility of combined use with methods of conservative therapy and several types of natural medicines.
Despite the high effectiveness of the treatment of varicose veins at home, there are a number of contraindications, in which the use of traditional medicine is strictly prohibited. These states include:
- Advanced stages of varicose veins.
- Individual intolerance to the components of a natural medicine.
- Skin rashes and other types of skin lesions.
- Chronic pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, especially the stomach and intestines.
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys.
Neglect of contraindications to the use of traditional medicine for varicose veins leads to a worsening of the general state of health and the rapid development of the disease.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, with their correct and regular use, promotes:
- Elimination of pathology symptoms.
- Strengthening of the venous walls and restoration of their elasticity.
- Normalization of blood and lymphatic circulation processes.
- Relief of inflammatory processes formed in the affected areas of the veins
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of varicose veins should be carried out exclusively in consultation with the attending physician. A specialist, taking into account the clinical picture of the disease and the general state of health of the patient, will select the most suitable drugs based on natural ingredients.
What helps with varicose veins on the legs
Unlike synthetic pharmaceuticals, natural medicines have minimal negative effects on the body in the form of side effects. Therefore, before treating varicose veins with folk remedies, you should undergo an advisory examination with a phlebologist and a naturopath.
Specialists from a wide range will help you choose the most suitable means for preparing drugs for external and local use.
The following natural ingredients are most often used in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs:
- Nutmeg. It helps stimulate blood circulation, reduce inflammation of affected areas of venous walls. Used for the daily preparation of the infusion, which should be drunk every morning.
- Vegetable oils. The most effective is olive oil, which contains a high concentration of arachidonic acid. Under its influence, the tone of the vascular walls increases and their structure strengthens. Oils are the basis of ointments for varicose veins.
- Essential oils: castor, flax, black cumin, garlic and sandalwood. Used for balneotherapy and massage. Helps strengthen the walls of blood vessels and eliminate puffiness in the legs.
- Bee products: propolis, honey, podmore, bee venom. Used for the preparation of various types of drugs and procedures. This is due to the presence in their composition of a large number of useful substances that have a therapeutic effect on blood vessels and blood circulation.
- White cabbage. Contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. Most often it is used to prepare compresses on the affected areas of the veins.
- Ginger. An effective folk remedy in the fight against varicose veins at any stage of the disease and during prevention. As a rule, it is used for the preparation of medicinal teas and compositions for compresses.
- Fish oil. Oral administration helps normalize metabolic processes in the body and stabilize body weight, which is important in the treatment of varicose veins. In addition, fat is effective as one of the components of the compress.
- Blue clay. This is the most optimal of all varieties, as it maximally affects the affected vascular walls and stabilizes blood flow. It is used to make applications.
The list of traditional medicines used in the treatment of varicose veins on the legs is very long. Viburnum, pumpkin, lemon, potatoes, Adam's apple, hydrogen peroxide, sea salt, bodyaga and mummy also have a high therapeutic effect.
When treating varicose veins at home with folk remedies, it is important to have a systemic effect on the body, and in particular on the work of the organs of the circulatory system. An important factor is the strengthening of the general state of human health.
Medicines based on natural ingredients are perfect for these tasks. Oral intake of folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs helps normalize blood flow in the body and improves its immune system.
Reception of folk remedies inside should be carried out exclusively under the direction of a doctor. Many medicines suitable for the treatment of varicose veins can cause serious complications in the functioning of other organs in the body.
Traditional medicine is not the main treatment for varicose veins in the legs. Systematic use of natural drugs can significantly accelerate the dynamics of recovery and improve the general condition of the vascular system.