Varicose veins are a common pathology in men and women after the age of 30, and can also appear at an earlier age. If preventive measures are observed and exercises are carried out for varicose veins of the lower extremities, it is possible to stop the development of pathology, heal weakened vessels and capillaries.<1_img_centerxx>
The benefits of exercise therapy
A set of physical exercises for varicose veins helps to improve blood circulation, increases the physical endurance of the patient, strengthens the structure of damaged blood vessels and muscles.
If you do not neglect physiotherapy (exercise therapy), you can significantly facilitate the course of the disease, relieve swelling and eliminate fatigue in the legs.
Exercises for the prevention of varicose veins and the treatment of the disease are performed in order to dilute the fluid inside the vessels, remove the swelling of the veins under the skin, and restore the natural color of the skin.
- Strengthening of the leg muscles with the involvement of the hip region;
- Loads on the diaphragm to regulate blood flow and blood saturation with nutrients;
- Hiking, stationary cycling, with intensive pedaling;
- Swimming in the pool.
Phlebologists advise regular exercise therapy twice a day, for ten minutes. It is advisable to divide the classes into several blocks - in the morning 5-7 minutes and the same amount before bedtime, giving preference to less intense loads on the body.
Exercises for varicose veins in the legs are carried out both with the help of a physiotherapist and independently. It is important to keep track of the exercise load, flexibility of movements, in order to avoid sudden oscillations, turns of the body.
Overwork can only harm the patient, complicating the course of the disease. The room should be spacious, ventilated, it is better to do exercises for varicose veins on the legs after waking up. It is important not to forget about compression stockings and comfortable shoes.
Gymnastics of the legs with varicose veins of the lower extremities consists of exercises:
- To reduce leg fatigue in the evening - lie down, raise your legs up high, hold for about 5 minutes;
- Connect your legs, stretch your arms, gently climb onto your toes, stand for 2-3 seconds, descend;
- Lie on the floor, raise your legs, rotate your feet in and out.
Systematic loading will prevent the progression of the disease, reduce the risk that one stage of varicose veins will flow into another, and eliminate complications.
Gymnastics in the office
Exercises for varicose veins during labor, sitting on a chair:
- Raise the leg in a straight position, make circular movements with each limb;
- Lift the foot by placing the feet on the toes, 15 passes for each leg;
- Stretch your fingers, fix the heels to the ground motionless;
- Roll your foot from heel to toe.
For sedentary work, it is recommended to take a 5-minute break every hour. At this time it is useful to perform movements while standing:
- Legs together, intense rise on tiptoes, lower legs;
- Walking on heels, back straight;
- Put your hands on an imaginary or real wall shoulder-width apart, bend your leg and transfer the weight to it, and throw the other back and tiptoe up, after 10 seconds change legs;
- Alternately tear the heels off the ground, do the exercise regularly, several times in one approach, at least 20 times a day.
Therapeutic exercises for varicose veins in the legs provide for a period of rest. Therefore, after 5-10 minutes of exertion on the limbs, you need to lie down in a relaxed state to regulate blood circulation and restore breathing.
Be careful, exercise should not cause discomfort in the affected veins, burning, stinging, swelling or other complications of varicose veins. It is important not to forget about drug therapy in order to effectively get rid of the disease.
In the fight against varicose veins, the vibratory gymnastics of academician Mikulin has proven itself. A special exercise for the legs with varicose veins includes only special jumps, the regular implementation of which will help to eliminate the symptoms of varicose veins.
- After waking up, you need to stand up straight, stretch your arms along the body, while inhaling, get up a centimeter on the toes. When exhaling, lower your legs sharply towards the floor.
- When striking with the heels, the body will receive a slight shake, the push will direct the blood through the vessels upwards, as a result, the vessels will be cleansed from the inside.
- Mikulin's special jumps should be performed at least 60 times a day, you can not turn the exercise into intense rebounds. Movements should be smooth, precise, every 20 pushes - a 10 s pause.
Such exercises are useful in combination with exercises for varicose veins of the small pelvis, which often develop in secondary and subsequent pregnancies, with a heavy load on the pelvis.
A series of exercises for the pelvic organs
Physiotherapy exercises help strengthen the walls of venous vessels, improve blood circulation. It is useful to do the following exercises:
- Cycling - lying down imitation of a walking bicycle;
- Scissors - alternate crossing of the legs;
- Semi-squats - not below knee level;
- Buttock compression is a Kegel exercise, shown to pregnant women for painless childbirth.
Self-massage of the legs and thighs after exercise with varicose veins is helpful in stabilizing blood flow, removing harmful elements at the cellular level and relieving fatigue.
It helps to make light movements from the ankles to the knees, rubbing the lower legs in a circular motion. You can use a natural nourishing or moisturizing cream or anti-varicose vein, bought at a drugstore.
At the end of the series of exercises, it is recommended to do a swallow - straighten your back, stand straight, arms relaxed and lowered to your side. On inspiration, arms up, on expiration, swallow.
During exercise therapy, you need to drink a small amount of liquid, it is enough to moisten your lips with water, so as not to cause puffiness. Protein nutrition is useful, especially in the morning, before bedtime - cereals, fruit smoothies.
Bubnovsky on varicose veins
The technique does not provide for drug treatment. The doctor assures that with the regular performance of simple exercises, you can improve the mobility of the joints, improve the elasticity of muscle tissue.
Gymnastics is practiced in any position:
- Sitting in a chair - lift both feet outstretched on tiptoes, stretch limbs forward and perform circular movements with the feet, popular rolls from toes to heels and vice versa.
- Lying on the bed - lie on your stomach, bend your knees, hit your buttocks with your heels, then lift your legs alternately, holding until a slight feeling of fatigue.
- Lying on the floor - a bicycle, scissors, take turns raising your legs and shaking your feet strongly.
- Stand up - get on your toes and come down sharply on your heels, spread your arms out to the sides. Do light squats.
Dr. Bubnovsky advises to divide the series of exercises into three parts - in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening, do it regularly, in addition, you can use elements of yoga. The lotus position improves blood circulation and helps get rid of orange peel.
It is better to replace running with vigorous walking, swimming in the pool. Exercises for varicose veins of the lower extremities according to the Bubnovsky method are available for all patients, regardless of the stage of varicose veins and the age of the person.
With varicose veins, calm walking, cycling for about 10-20 minutes a day, contrast shower, pool exercises are useful, which help to remove puffiness and relieve the general condition of the patient.
It is recommended to get rid of the habit of vomiting the legs when sitting, which disrupts blood circulation. It is also worth limiting walking with high heels, reducing the load on weak blood vessels and capillaries.
In the evening, it is recommended to take a bath for tired legs, with the addition of a decoction of herbs of medicinal plants (chamomile, sage, eucalyptus), essential oils of citrus, juniper. At rest, you should position yourself so that the heels are above the level of the buttocks.
In addition to exercise and drug therapy, it is important to watch your diet, eat slowly, in portions, without overeating, especially before bed. It is important to avoid large jumps in body weight.
Everyday shoes play an important role in preventing varicose veins, they should be of good size, high quality and comfortable. At the initial stage of varicose veins, you should pay attention to compression stockings, choose their size on the advice of a phlebologist.
What exercises for the legs with varicose veins at home can not be performed:
- Jump rope (heavy load on the veins, exercise can cause a blood clot to rupture);
- Exercises with a load (kettlebells, dumbbells, etc. );
- Prolonged exercise on a stationary bike (overloading of the veins, dysfunction of blood circulation);
- Power emissions (vascular tone);
- Gymnastic stretching (swelling of the veins, damage to weakened capillaries).
- Intense running, for speed, long distances (load on the legs)
For patients with varicose veins, power loads are excluded. A great alternative is a swimming pool or a step. The gymnasium will be available after the complete elimination of the disease, on the recommendation of a phlebologist.
Gymnastics for varicose veins of the lower extremities - how to improve the condition of the veins by performing simple exercises
Varicose veins are a fairly common pathology that significantly affects the quality of human life. It is very difficult to fully recover from this disease, but to facilitate its course, it is worth doing special exercises.
Varicose veins are called stable expansion and lengthening of the veins, accompanied by thinning of their walls and the formation of so-called nodes. The reason for this phenomenon is the serious pathology of the walls of the veins and the insufficiency of their valves.
This disease is quite common, and it is much more common in women. Often, varicose veins begin at the age of working - around thirty to forty years old.
The main risk factor for developing this disease is an inactive lifestyle.
The benefits of therapeutic exercises for varicose veins can hardly be overstated. Special gymnastics allows you to:
- improve venous and lymphatic flow;
- increase physical endurance;
- normalize arterial flow;
- increase the tone of the veins;
- improve peripheral circulation.
If you neglect therapeutic exercises for varicose veins of the legs, it will lead to stagnation of blood in the affected vessels, in addition, the pressure will increase.
In turn, this will cause water to accumulate in the ankles, feet, and lower legs, which often exacerbates the pain.
Characteristics of physical activity
Exercises for varicose veins in the legs are particularly useful for people who move little every day.
Walking is the simplest exercise, and people with this condition have to walk every day. It is also quite possible to cycle. Swimming is also very useful.
Not everyone knows that not all physical activity is good for varicose veins. Which sport is good for varicose veins, and what is bad? Surgery to remove varicose veins is often the only solution. We will tell you what type of surgery to choose in a particular case.
There is also a special therapeutic gymnastics for varicose veins of the legs. To perform these exercises as effectively as possible, the following rules must be observed:
- people who have a sedentary job should do a five-minute warm-up at least once an hour;
- it is important to watch your posture, it is not recommended to cross your legs;
- the load should be given 15-30 minutes a day;
- throughout the day you need to do several repetitions.
A series of exercises
Phlebologists recommend performing special exercises for varicose veins in the morning and evening, giving them about 15-30 minutes. At the same time, you can not exhaust yourself, because each person has their own limit of physical abilities.
Continuous exercise for five minutes will be sufficient, and breaks are recommended. If you feel tired, it is better to postpone the session.
The main set of exercises for all types of diseases
These exercises are suitable for varicose veins of the lower and upper extremities, varicose veins of the small pelvis and other types of diseases:
- Lie on your back, bend your leg, pulling it towards your chest. After that, straighten it, fix it for a few seconds and lower it. Do the same exercise for the other leg.
- Lie down, bend your legs and lift yourself up. Straighten them, hold them for a second, bend them again and return to their original position.
- Lie down, raise your legs and do rotational movements with your feet, this should be done outward and inward. Then you can bend and unfold your toes and feet.
- Sit on a chair, put your heels on the floor. Move your toes in different directions. Do 15 to 20 times.
- Lie on your stomach with your hands on your hips. Take turns raising each leg as high as possible. At the highest point, linger for a few seconds, then come back to the place. Do 8-10 repetitions.
- "Swallow" exercise. Stand up straight, lower your arms to your sides. Inhale, raise your hands, then stand on your tiptoes. While exhaling, take the pose of the swallow. Repeat the exercise 15 to 20 times.
- Roll from heel to toe, transferring body weight to it. Do 15 to 20 repetitions.
- For 15 minutes, walk on heels, toes, with a high hip lift.
Gymnastics for varicose veins of the lower extremities includes the following exercises:
- Relief of leg veins. You should lie down, close your eyes, and relax as much as possible, while still breathing deeply and regularly. Several pillows should be placed under your feet - this will allow them to be raised 15-20 degrees.
- Lie down, bend your legs, while placing your feet on the floor. Put your hands on your hips. Inhale gradually, raise your head and body. The hands should slide down to your knees. After exhaling slowly, return to its original position.
- Lie down, knead your hands along the body, lift your legs 15-20 degrees, and hold a small pillow between them. Inhale slowly, bend the lower back, and the buttocks should be pulled off the floor. Breathing out slowly, return to its original position.
- Lie down, place your hands at your sides. Bend your legs and, gradually exhaling, tuck your stomach in. While inhaling, inflate your belly.
- Put your feet together, put your arms at your sides. Breathe deeply, slowly rise on your toes, exhale and return to the starting position.
Regular performance of special exercises for the lower extremities will reduce the manifestations of venous insufficiency, suspend the development of the disease and reduce the risk of dangerous complications.
To reduce the manifestations of varicose veins of the upper extremities, you need to perform simple exercises:
- Lie on your back, place a pillow under your neck. Raise the arms and legs perpendicular to the body, pull the feet towards you. Breathe evenly and deeply. After that, vibrate with your arms and legs for 3 minutes.
- Cross your arms at the back of your head. Slowly turn the body back and forth. Do 20 repetitions.
- Stretch your arms forward, clench your fists. Open your palms, while spreading your fingers wide apart. Do 20 repetitions.
- Squeeze your left wrist with your right palm. Raise the left hand as high as possible, while the right should be resisted. Repeat 20 times. After that, raise your hands, fix them in this position for 20 seconds. Repeat for the other hand.
- Raise your arms above your head, clench and loosen your fists. Do 80 repetitions. Lower your hands and do the same.
A series of exercises for the pelvic organs
If the varicose veins have affected the pelvic organs, it is recommended to perform the following exercises:
- Exercise bike ". You should lie on your back and with your feet imitating cycling. In this case, your back and lower back should be pressed against the ground.
- "Scissors" exercise. Lie on your back, stretch your arms out at your sides. Perform crossing movements in vertical and horizontal position.
- "Birch" exercise. Lie on your back, lean on your shoulder blades, lift your legs up high and hold until you feel tired. If you wish, you can complicate this exercise a bit by adding flexion and extension in the knees.
- Half squats. Stand straight, spread your legs 30 to 40 cm wide. Sit up slowly, without falling below your knee level. Literally for a second you should linger in this position and then slowly step back. Do 10 to 15 repetitions.
- Sit on the floor, put your arms behind and rest them on the floor, stretch your legs. Bend your right leg at the knee, place your foot near the left knee. Raise and lower your left leg. Do 10 to 15 repetitions.
To make the treatment of varicose veins as effective as possible, additional exercises can be done throughout the day:
- Stand up straight, put your feet straight. Get up on your toes and slowly lower yourself down. Do 20 to 30 repetitions. Separate the socks, put the heels together and do 20-30 lifts again. The same procedure should be done with the heels apart and the toes flattened.
- You must walk in place, without taking your socks off the floor.
- Bring your legs together, stretch your arms along the body. Breathing in slowly, bring your shoulders back. As you breathe out, you should relax and tilt your head forward.
- The starting position is the same. Breathe in, raise your arms and stand on your tiptoes. After that, on the exhale, return to its original position.
- Squeezing the buttocks is very effective. This exercise can be performed in any position of the body.
Exercises for the prevention of varicose veins
In order to prevent the development of varicose veins, it is also necessary to perform special exercises:
- Lie down, stretch your arms along the body, put your legs straight on a chair. Alternately bend the left foot and the right foot. Do 5 repetitions for each foot.
- Lie down, stretch your arms along the body. Raise your legs and spread them apart in different directions. In this case, you need to remove the socks and rotate the ankle joints to the right and left. Do 5 to 7 repetitions.
- In the same position, bend the legs and perform rotational movements in the knee joints. Do 5 to 8 times to the right and to the left.
- Support yourself on your shoulder blades and raise your legs, as in the "birch" exercise. Spread your legs to the sides. Change the position of the legs in the swings. Do 4-7 repetitions.
- Jump on the toes 10-15 times, stand up straight, and after a few seconds repeat the jumps.
But that does not mean that all sports for varicose veins are prohibited. For example, swimming is very useful, all exercises that can be done while sitting or lying down are allowed.
It is also quite possible to practice yoga or Pilates.
The benefits of massage for varicose veins are to stimulate blood circulation to the affected areas.
It is recommended that this procedure be performed by an experienced technician.
If you decide to do it yourself, you need to remember that the touch should be as light and soft as possible. Do not touch the veins that protrude more than the others - this can only make the problem worse.
The diet for varicose veins consists of good nutrition.
The diet should contain foods that have a beneficial effect on the condition of the blood and blood vessels. Make sure you eat foods rich in vitamin C.
In addition, seafood should definitely be present in the diet, as it prevents the stretching of the walls of blood vessels.
No less useful are plant fibers, which ensure the normal functioning of the intestines, which is very important for varicose veins.
We lower our heels to the ground, spread our feet slightly and relax. We begin to tap heels on the floor. You have to feel how the whole body is vibrating. To do this, you have to relax so much that the vibration reaches your head. Feel your skin vibrate.
Gently shake the legs one by one and lower yourself to the floor. We lie on our backs and stretch our arms with our legs up. We are starting to be actively cowardly with our members.
- "Shake" exercise
- We try to imagine that we are shaking the water drops off the brushes and feet.
- We breathe naturally with our belly.
These exercises help create additional vibrations which cause the capillaries to contract and the blood to push more actively. In addition, these actions improve the flow of all fluids in the body. The movements are very simple and efficient.
- Start with 1 minute and gradually increase the time.
- After the shake, put your bent legs on the floor, put your palms on your stomach and relax.
- Breathing exercise
Feel the movement of your belly as you breathe. On inspiration the abdomen swells, on the expiration we lower the walls of the abdomen. After a relaxing breathing exercise, we move on to a sitting position.
We complete the complex with a light foot massage. We start with the feet, where you have to massage each toe, the arch of the foot as well as the heel.
- Foot massage
- Then, with light stroking movements, go back up.
We try to perform this massage for 2-5 minutes. We iron the tibia after the thigh.
- Thigh massage
- After working on one limb, we proceed to massage the other leg.
By performing such a set of exercises for varicose veins in the legs, you can preserve their youth, health and beauty. The main thing is to do it not from time to time, but regularly. And do not forget about other methods of treating varicose veins at home.
Contraindications to physiotherapy exercises
- With this disease, in no case should you overload your legs.
- It is not recommended to participate in professional sports that require static exercises or heavy strength loads.
- It is categorically impossible to lift weights.
- With varicose veins, only light exercises are allowed, which do not cause undue stress.
Varicose veins are a rather unpleasant disease that occurs quite often. To reduce its manifestations, it is recommended to perform special exercises.
However, it is very important that the exercises are moderate and regular.
Therapeutic exercises for varicose veins - the correct technique of execution, the choice of a complex depending on the complexity and neglect of the disease.