Varicose veins are a disease prevalent all over the world, especially among women. The chronic course and the constant deterioration of well-being make dilated veins, invisible at first, a serious threat to human health and quality of life. However, there are effective ways to combat the progression of the disease, and the most important of them are compression garments for varicose veins. At the same time, laundry can be ordered quickly and easily via the online store. In this case, it is very important to choose the right compression stockings and other orthopedic products.
Effects of using compression garments
The use of various compression underwear for varicose veins is scientifically determined and helps reduce the progression of the disease through several mechanisms:
- compression underwear ensures uniform pressure on the lower limb, while having its gradient - at the level of the foot and lower leg the pressure is higher than at the thigh, which contributes to theredistribution and upward flow of blood;
- such medical products improve blood circulation in peripheral tissues, and thus prevent the development of trophic disorders;
- By improving flow and preventing blood stagnation, compression products reduce the risk of blood clots and associated complications.
These complex effects of compression stockings make it very popular both among doctors and in patients with varicose veins of the lower extremities. Compression stockings for varicose veins are very effective.
Contraindications to the use of compression stockings
Any method of treatment has contraindications, and compression garments are no exception. In this regard, in no case should you use it yourself, even if you have been diagnosed with varicose veins. It is necessary to contact your attending physician and decide with him on the use of this remedy and choose compression stockings for varicose veins.
Contraindications for use:
- Any disease characterized by a decrease in the lumen of the blood vessels and a deterioration in the nutrition of peripheral tissues - atherosclerosis, obliterating endarteritis, Takayasu's disease, etc. With these diseases, a small amount of blood flows to the lower extremities, and additional compression of the tissues can significantly worsen their nutrition.
- Diseases of the skin of the lower extremities, due to the risk of additional irritation and aggravation of the course of the disease.
- In the event of concomitant diabetes mellitus, these underwear should be used with great care because of the risk of developing trophic disorders of the lower limbs.
- Chronic, severe heart failure, manifested by circulatory disturbances, even at rest.
Apply elastic bandages
Orthopedic stockings for varicose veins and other types of special knitwear are not the only way to treat varicose veins. Very often, ordinary elastic bandages also help, also allowing you to create external pressure on the venous apparatus of the lower extremities. However, despite the possibility of application and a very low price, elastic bandages are difficult to apply correctly, while maintaining the same level of pressure.
Elastic bandages and other types of underwear are best applied in the morning, right after getting out of bed. The best position for this is to lie down with your legs raised and bent at a 90 degree angle. Most often, patients do not heal themselves, but their relatives or other trained person does.
Before using elastic bandages, you should consult your doctor and undergo special training, otherwise their use can only harm.
Types of compression underwear
Today, in pharmacies and medical establishments, a wide range of compression stockings is presented, capable of correcting the tone of the venous vessels. First of all, all types of underwear can be divided into three large groups:
- preventive - creates a little pressure and allows you to prevent the development of varicose veins on the lower extremities;
- therapeutic - used in people with varicose veins and prevents the development of the disease;
- hospital or hospitalization - used in a medical hospital during the postoperative period.
The preventive medical jersey is indicated for people leading a sedentary lifestyle with prolonged static loads - standing or sitting. This type of underwear creates a slight pressure on the tissues of the lower limb, which prevents the development of edema, pain syndrome and expansion of the superficial veins at the end of the day. The pressure of these stockings does not exceed 18 mm. rt. Art. - they have no significant effect on the tissues of the legs and do not cause side effects. It is necessary to wear this type of compression underwear at all times, throughout the day.
Pantyhose and stockings
Most often, special pantyhose or pantyhose are used among compression underwear, they are especially popular with pregnant women, for whom there are specially designed models. Correctly selected compression tights for varicose veins start at the toes and end at the waist, which allows you to influence the optimal number of vessels in the venous system. In this regard, it is necessary to very carefully select the required size. How to choose pantyhose for varicose veins? It is necessary to carefully choose the size that provides the necessary level of compression on the lower extremity, which will allow to achieve the required efficiency.
According to most women, varicose vein pantyhose are the most comfortable in terms of long-term wear, however, due to their great length, it takes some time to put them on properly. At the same time, compression tights for varicose veins hold well and do not slip down the leg, which can be observed with the prolonged wearing of other similar types of underwear. Varicose stockings require less effort to put on but can slip off during the day.
Sometimes wearing underwear is combined with various medicinal creams and ointments that help fight varicose veins. But, it is recommended to use these bottoms at night, after the compression stockings have already been removed. A properly fitted stocking on the leg should pull the lower limb evenly.
Shaping stockings and tights are more suitable for women than for men. However, men also suffer from varicose veins and what should they do? Trying to dress your legs properly with elastic bandages? Not the easiest approach as described above. In this regard, special compression socks with a wide range of models were developed and created. They are created for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins and, in addition, can be used in people leading an active lifestyle due to their ability to facilitate the flow of blood from the lower extremities and prevent the appearance of aedema. There are zipper knee-highs that allow anyone to put them on without difficulty and without special training. In this regard, the knee-highs for varicose veins are a good choice for many patients.
Classification of compression garments
It is very important to correctly select the required level of pressure of orthopedic knits on the tissues of the lower extremities. How to choose compression stockings? The manufacturers have already taken care of the patients and distributed all the compression stockings on the market for varicose veins and other types of underwear, divided into four classes, differentiated by the level of pressure applied:
- First year. The pressure does not exceed 23 mm Hg. As a rule, these underwear are worn by people with the initial manifestations of varicose veins in the form of small spider veins, filling of fine saphenous veins and the appearance of pain in the legs inend of the day.
- Second class. The pressure does not exceed 33 mm Hg. It is mainly used for treatment with moderate severity of treatment and for thrombophlebitis of various causes.
- Third class. Compression does not exceed 45 mm Hg. It is indicated in patients with symptoms of venous insufficiency and altered soft tissue trophism.
- Fourth year. Pressure greater than 50 mm HgIt is used for diseases associated with impaired lymphatic flow of the lower extremities. Most often in this segment there are medical stockings for varicose veins.
When purchasing any orthopedic knit, you should consult your doctor and choose the required level of pressure generated and choose the right type of underwear: compression tights, stockings or knee-highs for varicose veins.
Rules for using compression underwear
Many people are worried about how to choose and how to wear orthopedic knitwear. The doctor should give you the answers to these questions. However, if this has not happened, it is important to read the product instructions and remember the basic rules:
- Similar stockings for varicose veins and other orthopedic underwear should not be worn as ordinary tights, that is, ordinary tights. in no case do not pick it up in an accordion. Corrective stockings, pantyhose and knee-highs are worn sequentially and slowly, straightening the resulting creases.
- Special devices sold in orthopedic stores can make it easier to put on underwear.
- It is important to follow the pedicure and manicure to avoid damaging expensive knits.
- It is necessary to wear such underwear for varicose veins in the morning, immediately after sleep, without getting out of bed.
- Third and fourth grade underwear is recommended to be worn with the help of specially trained people.
Selection of compression underwear
Pharmacies and specialist orthopedic salons have a wide choice of different types of compression stockings. In addition, these products can be ordered through the online store. Before choosing stockings for varicose veins on the legs and other items, you should know how to choose the most suitable tights for this particular case. This question can be answered by the attending physician as well as by salespeople in specialized stores.
Stockings for varicose veins and other compression garments are a good way to prevent the appearance and progression of varicose veins on the lower extremities. And the low prices and ease of use determine its widespread use and love among patients. The chosen swimsuit requires the patient to know the answer to the question of how to wear such items correctly? This information is always presented in detail in the leaflet for tights for varicose veins and other compression products. Remember that orthopedic tights for varicose veins can also be ordered through the online store, which will save you a lot of time, but will require a lot of attention in the selection of products.