Currently, the varicose veins on the legs is a very common disease. The frequency of occurrence in women in 3 times higher than in men. This is due to the anatomical construction of the vessels, their location and pregnancy.
In recent decades there has been a "rejuvenation" of the disease — often varicose veins on the legs, the symptoms of which already more pronounced, occur even for high school students. WHO is classified a disease of the veins to life-threatening diseases, "shoot first in the leg and then in the heart", because of its deadly complications.
Varicose veins on feet — causes
Unlike arteries, veins have valves, because of the availability of which the reverse flow of blood is not possible. In violation of the work of these valves, while the existing problems in the body an imbalance of elastin and collagen decreases sharply the elasticity of the vascular walls, leads to their thinning and stretching. Due to the valves themselves and the blood vessels are not able to cope with their functions, there is a reverse flow of blood, develops, stagnates. Such is the mechanism of development of varicose disease.
In the formation of varicose veins on the legs reasons that lead to its development, is several.
This is one of the main reasons varicose veins on the legs — it is defined in 1/3 of patients with this pathology. In the presence of varicose disease in close relatives (parents, grandparents, great-grandmother) the probability of the occurrence of the disease is 70%. The genetic factor is not a disease, but a genetically conditioned of the anatomical structure of blood vessels:
- congenital defective valves;
- underdeveloped connective tissue of the vein wall.
- pregnancy and childbirth;
- the climacteric period;
- the treatment of hormones the medication or the use of contraceptives.
- a thin vascular mesh crimson - blue color;
- pain, fatigue, feeling of burning or itching in the legs, towards evening;
- numbness or convulsive muscle contraction at night.
- the skin in places varicose veins on the legs becomes thick, flakes covered by cyanotic spots;
- pain in the calf muscles, acquire a permanent character, when walking are extended;
- appear venous nodes, which are accompanied by pain on palpation.
- trophic ulcers;
- bleeding, that may arise from a small beating, to stop him is hard.
- 1. Treatment: are assigned depending on the condition of the blood vessels (after the results of the examination of the blood vessels on ULTRASOUND or contrast venografii), venotoniki, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, anticoagulants. Maybe the application of drugs to these groups locally in the form of gels, ointments, creams.
- 2. Compression treatment: wearing special stockings, in the extreme case — the use of elastic bandages.
- 3. Air massage — improves the nutrition of tissues, leads to an improvement of venous blood flow.
- 4. Sclerotherapy – the introduction of special drugs into a vein, the overlap of the blood flow in it. A gradual atrophy of the container, it disappears.
- 5. Laser coagulation of blood vessels — state of the art method. Performed under general anesthesia, a positive outcome occurs per month.
- 1. Walk better, than the state.
- 2. Sitting is better than standing.
- 3. Lying is better than sitting.
- regularly elevating the legs on the table, or at the level of the heart, to improve the outflow of blood;
- you can put the legs on the rack and trying to raise to itself fingers on the legs a few times — it will reduce the venous pressure;
- break for a 10-minute walk or warm up the feet after every class session;
- in all cases, physical exertion (exercise, jogging, exercises on the simulator), as well as during pregnancy, before the flight in the plane and on long car trips it is necessary to use a compression Jersey.
- Contraindicated with varicose veins on the legs:
- overeating, drinking large amounts of acute, salty, fatty;
- alcohol, smoking;
- lifting and carrying large weights;
- hot tub more than 10 minutes with a temperature above 36,70 With, sauna, steam baths, solarium;
- warming procedures;
- intake of hormonal drugs, including and birth control;
- the heel is larger than 4 cm (the muscles of the lower limbs begin to shrink partially, which leads to disruption of the venous circulation).
In connection with this varicose veins on the legs, symptoms of which occur in varying degrees, among young people, females and even children, so widespread.
Hormonal imbalance in the body
When varicose veins on the legs reasons for its development are diverse, but among them is of the greatest importance plays a hormonal imbalance arising from:
Female sex hormones (progesterone and others) and their analogues cause the destruction of collagen in the walls of the veins. It significantly reduces their tone.
Inflammatory processes of genital organs
Inflammation in the organs of the pelvis can lead to hormonal disorders and changes in blood flow in the small veins. Consequently, an error message is displayed, between the veins and arteries, increases the volume and pressure of blood in the veins. They dilate, the valves do not have reverse flow of blood, appear varicose nodes.
The tone of all blood vessels are regulated by nerve endings. If a certain action (stress, depression, neurosis, etc.) there is a violation of the nervous regulation of venous tone decreases, while the diameter of the blood vessels increases.
Physical congestion leads to increased pressure in the veins. In the greater static load (weight of the body, the delegation of the weights, pregnancy and childbirth, a long-term stay on his feet without moving) significantly will increase the pressure in the veins. The risk group includes vendors, teachers, hair stylists, movers.
A sedentary way of life, or work
Beach modern life — "computer varicose veins". The muscles of the legs are a kind of "pump": when reducing the deoxygenated blood faster it moves up. In a sitting position the muscles is not cut, in addition to the tog — a pinch of vienna, their tone is reduced, leads to disruption of blood circulation.
An increase in intra-abdominal pressure leads to high pressure in the veins of the lower extremities, which interferes with the work of the valves. This happens when a longer-duration congestion, sneezing, cough.
To the development of varicose veins on the legs can cause a reduction in immunity, wound. Plays the role of a sexual affiliation. In the context of a genetic predisposition in women with varicose veins on the legs, the symptoms of which can be expressed in varying degrees, occurs much more frequently than in men. Men as well to go to the doctor, when treading the dangerous complications and without quick treatment do can no longer be.
Varicose veins on the legs — the first symptoms
When varicose veins on the legs, the first signs of the starting of the disease, may be significant and not just take care of yourself. These include:
With the progression of the changes in the inflammation of the blood vessels in the varicose veins on the legs, the first symptoms of the disease are worse, and complaints are becoming more:
In the next varicose veins on the legs, the symptoms of the disease worsen and appear swelling. They are a signal that the veins are not able to cope with its functions. This period is a dangerous complication that can be lethal:
So varicose veins on the legs, the symptoms of which are on the increase, it is necessary to timely treat because of possible complications. Thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the inner walls of the veins) contribute to the formation of blood clots that can block blood flow in the vessel (phlebothrombosis), and either looked up to, get with the flow of blood in the lungs (thromboembolism) that can end up deadly.
Avoid the deadly complications it is necessary to timely appeal to phlebologist (angiohirurgu) and control of bleeding.
Varicose veins on the legs — treatment
Upon the occurrence of the symptoms of varicose veins on the legs, treatment should begin immediately. At the present time, medicine has achieved significant success in the treatment of this pathology.
If they are detected the first signs of varicose veins on the legs, treatment is still possible without surgery, and it consists of several procedures:
The basic role in the treatment of varicose veins plays therapy, aimed at restoring the tone of the inflammation of the vascular walls.
Varicose veins on the legs — prevention of
While varicose veins on legs disease prevention in the broader sense of the word consists of three rules:
For this, in order to live normally function, the leg muscles must shrink. Either the legs should be in a horizontal elevated position with straight knees.
If one is forced long time to stand or sit — it is in the group of high risk. For good circulation of venous blood must be to reduce the leg muscles and the heart. Therefore, when the varicose veins on the legs, it is the prevention of active lifestyle, which includes the functions of:
– the pedestrian walks at a fast pace;
– ride a bike.
Exercise does not have to be long.
During long periods of standing — the "cross" from foot to foot, wiggle toes.
Preventive measures during prolonged sitting:
Not to self-medicate. At the first sign of varicose illness it is necessary to consult with a doctor and initiate timely treatment — this will help you avoid serious complications.