In these situations, the physician will propose another choice but to remove the affected area superficial veins. And the sooner, the better, because the delay is fraught with the development of serious complications.
Dangerous whether they are operations on removal of varicose veins on the legs, what are the methods of struggle with the disease, and how much is this or that procedure to remove the veins, when varicose veins – all the current information in our material.
WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM?
Typically, the varicose affects the subcutaneous veins of the lower extremities. The blood that the same laws of physics, as well as any liquid on the planet under the force of attraction will try to down.
But the function of the cardiovascular system lies in the fact that blood is constantly circulated and is powered by all vital organs.
Stagnate in the superficial veins of the lower extremities and the other of her limbs does not allow the work of special valves.
This is the reason of the kidneys last becomes the cause of discharge of blood in soft subcutaneous veins, the walls of which are gradually losing tone, getting tight and are stretched.
Unfortunately, the back strongly enlarged superficial veins of the original appearance is not possible, even in restoring the function of valves.
Their failure can be both the cause of varicose veins, and as a result of certain conditions of the body.
- pregnancy, more precisely, related to her increased blood volume in the body of future mothers, as well as increasing the pressure on the leg veins from the uterus with the fetus;
- a long headstand – this is true even for those whose occupation requires regular prolonged stay in a static vertical position (doctors, teachers, hairdressers and so on);
- "sedentary" work – practically the same thing, and permanent stands. Muscle tone and veins decreases, the blood stagnates in the legs, the valves cease to function properly;
- the increased load on the legs – the impact on the condition of the veins, as well as the previous two factors;
- obesity – being overweight significantly increases the burden on the heart, the blood vessels and veins. In addition, a large layer of subcutaneous fat is often hard to diagnose varicose;
- age-related changes – with time, the vein walls and valves are weak, lose their tone and stretch;
- Accompanied by constipation, prostate adenoma, chronic cough and becomes the cause of hemorrhoids and varicocele;
- the consequences of the injury, the reviews confirm that it occurs often, and the operation of the lower limbs;
- thrombosis deep vein thrombosis – is not superficial, as they mistakenly believe many of the ill, while deep – the pressure on them increases, and blood rushes into the subcutaneous veins;
- hereditary pathology, for example, arterial-venous fistula, or fistula;
- aesthetic treatments – vacuum wrap, aggressive massage;
- excessive physical load.
INVASIVE TYPES OF SURGERY VEINS ON THE LEGS
When ointments, pills, and special compression underwear helpless, and the only recourse becomes the exception of the venous system of the legs affected by varicose veins of the land.
Selection of the type of surgery depends on the extent, form and stage of the disease, the presence of changes in condition of the skin sheets and the related diseases.
Phlebectomy (TOP-5 techniques)
It's the classic way, which means removing the enlarged sections of the veins through incisions on the skin. Phlebectomy is practiced from the beginning of the 20th century, and to date, the technique of its implementation of the honed almost to perfection.
The whole procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours and does not require a long stay patient in a hospital (maximum on time of the same day).
In most cases, the doctor performs a combined procedure, then it is used several different techniques:
- Stripping – listing vein for her ligation and commit to a special tool. Partial Stripping means of the partial removal, total – complete. This type of surgery to remove veins on the legs, it is considered special, because all manipulations are performed through a small puncture in the skin, due to which it is not necessary to produce the overlap seam.
- Micro-phlebectomy – is different from the traditional saying that carried out through the punctures, i.e., without cutting the tissue.
- Endoscopic procedure – advanced land is removed after the introduction into the veins of the endoscope, which minimizes the potential complications after surgery.
Hardening of the
In the lumen of the enlarged plot is introduced a special substance, which holds together the inner walls of the veins, subsequently, becomes scarred cloth. Sclerotherapy is used to treat not only varicose veins, but also of varicocele.
Operations on the veins on the legs with the laser is performed without incision of the soft tissues. Vienna need not be a drag – it's just "closed" a special beam of laser optical waveguide is entered through a small puncture.
Numerous positive comments about the surgery on the leg veins laser indicates the minimum probability of the occurrence of the negative consequences of recurrence of varicose veins, the truth, it depends on its phase and causes.
In addition, the patient is already in a couple of hours after the execution of the procedure can go home, because instead of the seams is not necessary.
Doctors note that under the action of the laser beam, it is possible entering into the body of the infection.
Lasers are used in the treatment of small veins from the medical point of view, for example, how telangiectasia, it's the little vienna up to 1 mm in diameter.
It often takes several stages of treatment. This method is less effective in the treatment of large varicose veins in later stages.
INDICATIONS AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES
The doctor, without exception, determine that this or that kind of surgery on the veins of the legs, is in the following situations:
- varicose veins are in a state of neglect, so in addition to the aesthetic problems, the man largely tormented by feelings of pain;
- the movement of blood in the veins is difficult, the patient constantly feels heaviness and pain in the legs, their too quick fatigue;
- veins pathologically enlarged;
- on the skin are the defeat of trophic nature (e.g. the treatment of ulcers);
- interested handicap thrombophlebitis;
- a pronounced swelling of the limbs;
- violation of the outflow of blood, which has a place even in the absence of enlarged superficial veins.
If there is a predisposition to varicose veins of either the patient is at risk, must necessarily carry out prevention:
- wear compression underwear;
- use of medical drugs;
- daily consume vitamin C, which is in reasonable quantities it acts favorably on the vascular wall and the rheological properties of blood.
Unfortunately, even with the diversity of modern methods of treatment of varicose vein removal procedures pathologically enlarged sections of the veins have a number of contraindications:
- coronary artery disease;
- a severe form of infectious disease;
- the availability of on the skin eczema, erysipelas inflammation or dermatitis;
- the period of gestation from 5 to 9 month.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR SURGERY
Doctor before to assign the operative intervention, should send the patient to the composition of the diagnosis, after which it shall decide, in accordance with the results of the check:
- Doppler – ULTRASOUND examination of the veins and blood vessels;
- duplex scan – a more detailed test, also indicated to exclude the presence of blood clots in the deep veins;
- magnetic resonance imaging procedure – this test can provide information about the presence of blood clots in the deep veins;
- blood count – lab tests help in the diagnosis of varicose veins, but they are necessary if you will need surgery.
Directly before performing the procedure, the patient should be:
- take a shower;
- to remove the hair with the operated leg (if necessary also in the groin area);
- come a little before the appointed time.
In the case of the behavior of the classical operations, which means general anesthesia, the patient is give an enema.
It is very important that the anesthesiologist was warned about the availability of human allergies to any medications.
Varicose veins it is necessary to work! With the method of surgical treatment will help a vascular surgeon. Whether there is a danger that in case of rejection of the works? Sure! Fatal complications of varicose disease – thromboembolism of vessels of the vital organs of the body, ischemic stroke, thrombosis. The risk of complications increases with age.
All invasive methods of treatment of varicose veins will help get rid of dilated subcutaneous veins and using them painful sensations. But it must be remembered that the duration of effect after the removal of an aesthetic deficiency, depends on many factors, among which the special role is played by heredity and lifestyle.
It is necessary to maintain the muscles and the walls of the blood vessels in good shape to the limbs does not stagnate the blood, and also to try to keep weight within normal limits, wear comfortable shoes and give up bad habits.