Compression underwear – one of the most effective ways to prevent the occurrence of varicose veins and to suspend its development. It can not remove the causes of the disease, but is quite able to cope with its manifestations, reducing the quality of life of the patient. Today compression stockings – own addition to the treatment of varicose veins, sometimes increase its effectiveness. For lingerie there are many benefits, which is gaining more and more popularity among the patients with the diagnosis "varicose veins".
Compression underwear: why?
The essence of the action of the compression of linen lies in the fact that it creates in various places of the foot, the correct pressure. It promotes proper distribution of the load, which is the normal flow of blood towards the heart. From the veins, which are at the bottom of the legs, the more effort is needed to push the blood up – just on this area and represents the maximum pressure facing the compression underwear. And, for example, on the side of the laundry, built only about 40% of the pressure, because the pressure on these veins are already minimal.
Special underwear in the truest sense of the word pushes out the blood, squeezing the veins, not that her stagnate in the blood vessels. Consequently, when wearing these stockings (golf or tights) will greatly reduce the uncomfortable and unpleasant symptoms of varicose veins: the legs, not so tired and not swollen, they do not feel itching or burning.
A compression stocking is the appropriate use for the following reasons:
- these hosiery-hose products contribute to the normalization of blood flow, redistribute blood from the changed lived in a healthy;
- such laundry activates blood circulation and improves the nutrition of tissues;
- if the size of the clothes is chosen correctly, then there is an effective prevention of thrombosis;
- the laundry is sufficiently aesthetically pleasing appearance, it is possible to wear it anywhere - to work, to walk, to the gym;
- Compression stockings – one of the most simple, convenient and safe means in the struggle with varicose veins, which has virtually no contraindications.
Contraindications for wearing compression underwear very little, but still exist. These include the following states:
- endarteritis, atherosclerosis, aortoarteritis, and some other chronic disease characterized by a reduction of the lumen of the artery and a significant drop in blood pressure;
- diabetes mellitus;
- eczema, allergic rashes, open wounds, inflammatory processes on the skin of the feet;
- septic phlebitis, cardio-pulmonary insufficiency in severe form;
- increased sensitivity of the skin.
The use of compression of the laundry: and it's not dangerous?
There is an opinion that the wearing of compression underwear can become so great the problem, such as degradation of the muscle layer of the inflammation of the vascular walls. And then, after the termination of the use of knitted fabric, the walls of the veins just won't be able to resist the pressure, which will only lead to the progression of the varicose disease. Full of these concerns, phlebologists presents the following facts:
- the patient does not wear varicose knitted round days;
- during the blood exposed in a fabricated pressure vessel does not stop, but only decreases;
- usually atrophy of the muscle layer occurs due to genetic predisposition and the presence of inflammatory processes, and the wearing of compression underwear, on the contrary, does not prevent.
What is produced by the pressure of the knitted fabric?
A compression stocking is made of cotton and nylon fibers, lykru and elastic materials, microfiber. Such underwear has no seams, leak air and gives a pleasant feeling upon contact with the skin. It's hypoallergenic and outwardly looks just like normal tights or stockings. The healing properties of the knitted fabric are caused by its processing of the latest in computer technology. The effectiveness of compression underwear under condition of observance of rules of care and storage, they last about half a year. Then it is necessary to change.
Types of compression fabric
Compression underwear will happen, curative and preventive. There are even the so-called hospital underwear, which is operated only in stationary conditions. As is already clear from the name, the treatment of the knitted fabric, it is appropriate to use in the event that the disease has already manifested itself to any extent. And here in the prophylactic use linen for compression is recommended to wear for people from risk groups: pregnant, genetically prone to the formation of varicose veins, individuals suffering from obesity, the representatives of the "understanding" and "sedentary" professions.
As for the right kinds of compression underwear, then today it is on the pharmaceutical market presented a sufficient amount of, for every taste and every need:
- stockings – one of the most popular among women, a kind of linen, a tight-fitting legs and does not slip in operation;
- knee socks – affordable solution for men;
- elastic bandage – not too comfortable compression option, which is, however, due to their affordable prices, does not lose relevance, despite the huge selection of much more efficient and aesthetically pleasing search for medical knitted fabric.
As usual, products for women (tights and stockings) decorated with patterns. And here is the men's underwear is most commonly produced transparent, to be very inconspicuous on the legs.
Classification of medicinal compression underwear
If preventive knits can be purchased at most pharmacies, in any moment, then, for getting the treatment requires a doctor's prescription. It is recommended to buy only in specialized pharmacies and salons. According to the intensity created by the pressure of the knitted fabric is divided into the following classes:
- Class 1 – characterized by compressed under 23 mm. rt. century and are suitable for use in patients in the manifestation of the first symptoms of varicose veins: blue-and-red spider veins on the skin, enlargement situated close to the surface of the skin, a vein, a strong feeling of fatigue and heaviness in the legs.
- Class 2 – creating a pressure greater than 33 mm. rt. century and is indicated for the treatment of varicose veins of medium severity, as well as thrombophlebitis.
- Class 3 – provided the compression does not exceed 45 mm. rt. century, is the linen used in the treatment of hard enough venous insufficiency, accompanied by trophic pathologies.
- Class 4 – the compression is about 50 mm. rt. century and above is a knit, suitable for the treatment of severe diseases of the lymphatic flow and relieve caused by these disorders the swelling.
Give recommendations for the selection of specific classes of compression underwear can only a qualified phlebologist, is the situation of the particular patient. It is the same tells also about the mode of wearing the medical knitted fabric, as well as will explain the basic rules of its storage and care for them.
How to choose compression underwear?
It is understood that, in the first place, necessary to consult with your doctor about the version to use in the classroom, treatment of the knitted fabric. Then it is worth it to decide, with his views – tights, socks, stockings, tights. There is already everything is determined by individual preferences. Finally, it is important to correctly choose the size – otherwise the effect from wearing a special knitted fabric turns out to be minimal (or not at all).
Now, as far as the price. In fact, price dispersion, noticeable to the naked eye on the pharmaceutical market, explains the amount of on it the most different manufacturers. The untwisted brand or a more modest supplier? In any case, at the pharmacy counters to get only products with accurately designed for compression. And this is what the products may differ, so it is the design and length of the socks.
To protect themselves from the acquisition of counterfeiting, it is necessary to buy in trusted pharmacies and recommend it yourself shops-dealers. Everyone knows that european quality standards are very high. This also applies for the compressive underwear. If on the packaging it is worth labelling "ral-gz-387", then there can be no doubt – before You the goods of higher quality, because his producer had to undergo the procedure of certification in Switzerland or in Germany.
Dress up therapeutic knitting
For the treatment of the knitted fabric – the thing is not so easy as it might seem. Particularly difficult to deal with the laundry of the high class 3 and class 4. The fact is that such stockings and tights not dress the same way as conventional products – to collect in a "washboard" and pull up. The special difficulties of the procedure may cause in people with a big belly.
So the process of dressing looks like this:
- top tights or stockings is going to "accordion";
- inside the jewelry are inserted in the palm, carefully package it is stretched to the stop;
- gradually spread the product, it is necessary to stringing on the lower extremities;
- if we're talking about pantyhose, then on her hips to get tight already in a reclined position (in this case, when approaching the area of the waist it is necessary to lift the pan).
When the dressing treatment of the knitted fabric it is necessary to the fulfillment of certain conditions:
- wear a compression garment preferably in the morning when the foot is still not tired, not swollen;
- toenails are to be short shorn and carefully processed;
- side availability peeves and roughness on the skin of the feet – all of which can easily damage the delicate fabric.
Because dressing compression underwear – is not a simple task, then to make life easier for the patients were created special accessories, which makes the process of elementary. Cope with Jersey 3-4 class without them is almost impossible.
A few recommendations for wearing clothes
On the night of the compression underwear is better to shoot to the legs could get some rest and "breathe". However, if a person accidentally fell asleep in tights or golfs, nothing wrong with him it will not bring.
Wearing compression underwear should not go and in the summer. High temperatures provoke the development of varicose veins, so in the heat of the altered veins are particularly in need of support. You can change the class of service to more than "light" – to prefer products with a class 1 or preventive stockings.
It happens that the "varicose" vienna shows higher rubber, jewelry, what is causing the natural question: does it make sense to use in this case, the expensive lingerie. Sense certainly has – but in this vein I'm sure will have an indirect positive impact on the expense of normalize blood flow in the vessels of the lower. However, still worth it to try to choose tights or stockings of the right size.
Care about the healing Jersey
Compression stockings – a thing that requires to each careful handling. So to those who mentioned its wear, it is necessary to get acquainted with the basic rules of care for such stockings, golfs and tights:
- wash treatment of knitted goods, which you need every day, because the smallest pieces of waste and a speck of dust destructive acts on the fine fiber, are fully able to prepare the product of its medicinal properties;
- wash these products is possible only manually, at a water temperature of around 40 degrees;
- in any case can not press or twist compression underwear – domestic only lightly "soak" a towel;
- dry compression underwear is a must in this expanded form on a horizontal surface, far away from the battery and direct sunlight; you can't hang them vertically on a conventional dryer;
- common fabric softeners and conditioners are able to seriously damage the structure of the treatment of the fabric and get rid of him by the therapeutic properties, so when washing it is permissible to use baby soap or special means for delicate fabrics;
- it is best to have one pair of compression stockings and a few – then you won't have to spend every day a lot of time on washing and drying delicate items;
- carefully take them, and to the silicon piece on the stockings – from any contact with water loses its fixing properties, so it is best to clean it with alcohol wipes, and when washing thoroughly to protect yourself from getting wet.
It is worth noting that if preventive linens can be purchased separately, then pick up treatment can only a doctor. Spontaneous action in this matter is threatened not only physical discomfort and a waste of money, but also serious health problems. But if it is to use the compression underwear properly, then it certainly will make life easier for the patient and will be an effective addition to the treatment of varicose disease.